Chiefs - 49ers Predictions

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
29 Jan 2024 09:18
Yoop wrote:
29 Jan 2024 08:39
go pak go wrote:
29 Jan 2024 08:27

My only disdain for the Chiefs stems from jealousy.

The Chiefs, Mahommes, Reid are doing exactly what the Packers, MM, Rodgers, etc. should have done. It's just they make the plays when they are there to be made and the Packers didn't.

It's frustrating being taught "it's so hard" and then see the Chiefs win with these rosters that are lesser caliber than the Packers rosters when we lost it.

both losses yesterday where the result of one team making more mistakes then the other, like us they beat themselves.
Yeah. And I get jealous that we always seem to be the team beating ourselves rather than benefiting from being the opponent who won because the other guy beat themselves.
It could be argued the Cowboys beat themselves. Pick in there own territory and a pick 6. It just ended up landsliding by that point.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

paco wrote:
29 Jan 2024 09:09
Acrobat wrote:
29 Jan 2024 09:01
I am not a fan of Taylor Swift's music, but that is for sure an inaccurate description of her. She's very talented and as far as her success, it is near generational.
It's also not her fault that so much attention gets put on her before, during and after the games. That's the media. I would be willing to bet she'd be fine never having a camera pointed at her while she's at the game. But the NFL loves it because they are getting new people watching because of her.
Oh it is definitely her fault, but you are looking at this in a vacuum rather than seeing that the NFL is simply the latest in a long line of high-profile people and businesses that Swift has associated with to build her brand/stardom. And that has far more to do with success than her musical talent, which, while good, is not rare in any sense.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

There's still not nearly enough talk about men who wear flat brim caps.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

We were an overtime period away from the Chiefs appearing in 5 straight Super Bowls. If they get this one, would Andy Reid head off into the sunset? Would the Hoodie take over in Kansas City? :shock:

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
29 Jan 2024 10:11
We were an overtime period away from the Chiefs appearing in 5 straight Super Bowls.
It is absolutely insane. The Chiefs are doing exactly what I thought the Packers were gonna do from 2010 - 2014
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

LombardiTime wrote:
29 Jan 2024 09:26
KC's success with Mahomes and that defense just highlights the collective 2011-2018 failings of not only QB Aaron Rodgers, but also coaches Mike McCarthy/Dom Capers, and GM Ted Thompson.
All right, sorry, I'm going to have to correct you on this. This was not a failing on Rodgers's part. This is the failure of the team for not putting together a defense good enough to support Rodger's abilities. Take any QB that won more than one Super Bowl, save one, and the one thing they all have in common is a top defense. From 2011-2018 Rodgers never had that.

If you want to win a Super Bowl, you need to have a good defense. Look at the 4 teams that played yesterday. 1,2,3 and 23 in defense. The Lion's defense would have had to step up big-time to win. And they did in the first half. Or did San Frans offense falter? I'll say that SF offense was off in the first half. Because they sure the hell made up for it in the second half.

And if you need more proof, just look at the defenses the Packers had when they won all of their Super Bowls. Or San Frans, or New England.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Acrobat wrote:
29 Jan 2024 10:07
There's still not nearly enough talk about men who wear flat brim caps.
I fully agree. They should all be executed.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
29 Jan 2024 10:11
We were an overtime period away from the Chiefs appearing in 5 straight Super Bowls. If they get this one, would Andy Reid head off into the sunset? Would the Hoodie take over in Kansas City? :shock:
Interesting thought. Retirement talk has been floating around Reid for a few years now. A win could have him ride off into the sunset.

Bill in KC? I could see it. He's apparently trying to avoid larger media markets. No QB controversy to deal with. KC would fit the bill ( :lol: )
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

The failings on the Packers after the 2010 SB fall solely on Ted Thompson. He made some incredible picks but theyre completely neutralized when he continuously went year to year with huge glaring weaknesses and did little to correct them. The failings at establishing positions for long periods of time like RB, ILB, TE, P, and the final nail in the coffin being CB killed this team.

We are seeing the same thing with Gutenbumst. Hes on the upswing with two strong drafts in a row but when we were knocking on the door of a championship he made every possible wrong decision he could to put this team over the top because he wouldnt correct the teams glaring weaknesses. Did he learn his lesson? Time will tell.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Labrev wrote:
29 Jan 2024 10:06
paco wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
I am not a fan of Taylor Swift's music, but that is for sure an inaccurate description of her. She's very talented and as far as her success, it is near generational.
It's also not her fault that so much attention gets put on her before, during and after the games. That's the media. I would be willing to bet she'd be fine never having a camera pointed at her while she's at the game. But the NFL loves it because they are getting new people watching because of her.
Oh it is definitely her fault, but you are looking at this in a vacuum rather than seeing that the NFL is simply the latest in a long line of high-profile people and businesses that Swift has associated with to build her brand/stardom. And that has far more to do with success than her musical talent, which, while good, is not rare in any sense.
This is the typical argument shared by those who don't like Taylor Swift. It is merely your opinion and one I do not share. She is a very talented singer/songwriter and it IS the media who can't to just let her support the Chiefs.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
29 Jan 2024 10:37
LombardiTime wrote:
KC's success with Mahomes and that defense just highlights the collective 2011-2018 failings of not only QB Aaron Rodgers, but also coaches Mike McCarthy/Dom Capers, and GM Ted Thompson.
All right, sorry, I'm going to have to correct you on this. This was not a failing on Rodgers's part. This is the failure of the team for not putting together a defense good enough to support Rodger's abilities. Take any QB that won more than one Super Bowl, save one, and the one thing they all have in common is a top defense. From 2011-2018 Rodgers never had that.

If you want to win a Super Bowl, you need to have a good defense. Look at the 4 teams that played yesterday. 1,2,3 and 23 in defense. The Lion's defense would have had to step up big-time to win. And they did in the first half. Or did San Frans offense falter? I'll say that SF offense was off in the first half. Because they sure the hell made up for it in the second half.

And if you need more proof, just look at the defenses the Packers had when they won all of their Super Bowls. Or San Frans, or New England.
and when push came to shove offense went home the victor, it's a cat and mouse thing, defense keeps a team in the game, till the offenses figure out some mis matches and score the winning points, thats how most PO games end

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Labrev wrote:
paco wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
This is a silly take. While i dont like taylor swift, she has 3 generations of women on lock as hardcore fans. The kids now like her, my generation of girls were teens when she was coming of age, and that generations moms like her.

Lets face it, shes mid 30s and writes music like shes a 16 year old girl, and most women still behave and act like 16 year old girls...so it sells.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

williewasgreat wrote:
29 Jan 2024 11:00
Labrev wrote:
paco wrote:

This is the typical argument shared by those who don't like Taylor Swift. It is merely your opinion and one I do not share. She is a very talented singer/songwriter and it IS the media who can't to just let her support the Chiefs.
I agree, all the hype is media driven and Swift has a great voice, and thats why she is so popular, business support talent, because talent becomes profitable. :aok:

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Raptorman wrote:
LombardiTime wrote:

Fully understand that the Ds you reference were a major part of the success of those teams. Also understand that it's a team game. Also understand a lot of other factors. What will also irk me about AR, though, is that, in some of those INDIVIDUAL games, the D did well, and he couldn't pull out the W. First one that comes to mind is against Brady and the Bucs. Late in a close game, Brady is picked off twice in a row, and the Packer O responds with two consecutive 3-and-outs.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Half Empty wrote:
29 Jan 2024 11:13
Raptorman wrote:
LombardiTime wrote:

Fully understand that the Ds you reference were a major part of the success of those teams. Also understand that it's a team game. Also understand a lot of other factors. What will also irk me about AR, though, is that, in some of those INDIVIDUAL games, the D did well, and he couldn't pull out the W. First one that comes to mind is against Brady and the Bucs. Late in a close game, Brady is picked off twice in a row, and the Packer O responds with two consecutive 3-and-outs.
And yet, the average Defense for points for the SB-winning teams is 5.4. But according to the idea that it's the QB that winds, Brad Johnson is just as good as Aaron Rodgers at QB. Think anyone here will buy that? Of course, it's a team game. And Rodgers is the perfect example. Without a good defense, the chances of you winning the Super Bowl are extremely thin. As I said, only one QB has ever won more than one without a top-10 defense. Eli Manning. Most have had a top 5. Brady's SB wins, his defense ranks on points. 1,1,2,6,7,8,8. How many times did Rodgers have a defense in the top 8 for points? 2009 and 2010. Yeah, it's a team game. And a big part of it is the defense. Because without it, you aren't winning.

And two things about that game and series you mentioned. First, Rodgers is sacked in both series. Second, two deep passes, and not a single rushing attempt. Now, is that on the offense or the Bucs defense?
Last edited by Raptorman on 29 Jan 2024 11:52, edited 1 time in total.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Drj820 wrote:
29 Jan 2024 11:08
This is a silly take. While i dont like taylor swift, she has 3 generations of women on lock as hardcore fans. The kids now like her, my generation of girls were teens when she was coming of age, and that generations moms like her.

Lets face it, shes mid 30s and writes music like shes a 16 year old girl, and most women still behave and act like 16 year old girls...so it sells.
There are numerous mid-30 female artists that do that and do not get half the hype. She's a good artist, I said so from the start, but no, her talent as a singer/songwriter is not what sets her apart from the other artists.

What sets her apart is she is 100x better at the business aspect of being an artist.

In truth, business and branding has more to do with success in *any* industry than talent (in western societies) not just in her specific case or the music industry.
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

go pak go has an analysis. iirc, you need one unit to be good, the other great, and between the two of them and STs, no unit that stinks.
—Magneto

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

Labrev wrote:
29 Jan 2024 11:49
Drj820 wrote:

There are numerous mid-30 female artists that do that and do not get half the hype. She's a good artist, I said so from the start, but no, her talent as a singer/songwriter is not what sets her apart from the other artists.

What sets her apart is she is 100x better at the business aspect of being an artist.

In truth, business and branding has more to do with success in *any* industry than talent (in western societies) not just in her specific case or the music industry.
I'd say she actually is a great songwriter. As a singer, she's mid (based on the songs I've heard). She lacks range.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
29 Jan 2024 11:49
Drj820 wrote:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, seriously, if you don't have what others want, no amount of branding, advertising, nothing will make you a success, if so it will be short lived. Taylor Swift has topped the charts for years, you may not like her style, voice, whatever, she sells big time. :thwap:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

i am ashamed of myself for defending taylor swift. she actually writes her OWN songs, and she has literally dozens of hits over a span that is almost 2 decades. Def an elite songwriter.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23