Chiefs - 49ers Predictions

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Yoop wrote:
29 Jan 2024 12:04
Labrev wrote:
29 Jan 2024 11:49
Drj820 wrote:
29 Jan 2024 11:08
This is a silly take. While i dont like taylor swift, she has 3 generations of women on lock as hardcore fans. The kids now like her, my generation of girls were teens when she was coming of age, and that generations moms like her.

Lets face it, shes mid 30s and writes music like shes a 16 year old girl, and most women still behave and act like 16 year old girls...so it sells.
There are numerous mid-30 female artists that do that and do not get half the hype. She's a good artist, I said so from the start, but no, her talent as a singer/songwriter is not what sets her apart from the other artists.

What sets her apart is she is 100x better at the business aspect of being an artist.

In truth, business and branding has more to do with success in *any* industry than talent (in western societies) not just in her specific case or the music industry.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, seriously, if you don't have what others want, no amount of branding, advertising, nothing will make you a success, if so it will be short lived. Taylor Swift has topped the charts for years, you may not like her style, voice, whatever, she sells big time. :thwap:
And part of her success is catering to her fans. She wanted to be on top, and now that she is, she treats her fans the same way she did when she started. Name another top artist who spent more than 13 hours in one day signing autographs. I don't listen to her music, but she knows who made her and she doesn't let them down. That, it more important than anything else.

Now, as to the game. The team that doesn't turn the ball over will win.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Raptorman wrote:
29 Jan 2024 11:48
Half Empty wrote:
29 Jan 2024 11:13
Raptorman wrote:
29 Jan 2024 10:37

All right, sorry, I'm going to have to correct you on this. This was not a failing on Rodgers's part. This is the failure of the team for not putting together a defense good enough to support Rodger's abilities. Take any QB that won more than one Super Bowl, save one, and the one thing they all have in common is a top defense. From 2011-2018 Rodgers never had that.

If you want to win a Super Bowl, you need to have a good defense. Look at the 4 teams that played yesterday. 1,2,3 and 23 in defense. The Lion's defense would have had to step up big-time to win. And they did in the first half. Or did San Frans offense falter? I'll say that SF offense was off in the first half. Because they sure the hell made up for it in the second half.

And if you need more proof, just look at the defenses the Packers had when they won all of their Super Bowls. Or San Frans, or New England.
Fully understand that the Ds you reference were a major part of the success of those teams. Also understand that it's a team game. Also understand a lot of other factors. What will also irk me about AR, though, is that, in some of those INDIVIDUAL games, the D did well, and he couldn't pull out the W. First one that comes to mind is against Brady and the Bucs. Late in a close game, Brady is picked off twice in a row, and the Packer O responds with two consecutive 3-and-outs.
And yet, the average Defense for points for the SB-winning teams is 5.4. But according to the idea that it's the QB that winds, Brad Johnson is just as good as Aaron Rodgers at QB. Think anyone here will buy that? Of course, it's a team game. And Rodgers is the perfect example. Without a good defense, the chances of you winning the Super Bowl are extremely thin. As I said, only one QB has ever won more than one without a top-10 defense. Eli Manning. Most have had a top 5. Brady's SB wins, his defense ranks on points. 1,1,2,6,7,8,8. How many times did Rodgers have a defense in the top 8 for points? 2009 and 2010. Yeah, it's a team game. And a big part of it is the defense. Because without it, you aren't winning.

And two things about that game and series you mentioned. First, Rodgers is sacked in both series. Second, two deep passes, and not a single rushing attempt. Now, is that on the offense or the Bucs defense?
Offense

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, seriously, if you don't have what others want, no amount of branding, advertising, nothing will make you a success, if so it will be short lived. Taylor Swift has topped the charts for years, you may not like her style, voice, whatever, she sells big time. :thwap:
Yeah except I never denied that she does have talent, quite the opposite. Ya TWIST mah wordz! (as you would say, but in this case actually truly).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Every time I watch what the Chiefs are doing I can only think about what if we had picked Reid instead of Rhoades for our HC in 1999. How many Super Bowls would he have won with Favre and Rodgers. Bellichick and Brady would be Marv Levy and Jim Kelly instead of GOATs.
:swear:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I would like the 49'ers to beat the crap out of the Chiefs.

Because the Packers have more talent than the 49'ers and only a lack of experience and a couple of dropped interceptions and a bad play call on 4th down prevented our team from being in the SB.

Next year it will be different. Believe in this Packers team. And maybe it is time for me to change my handle as this season's Packers are a new team.
How do I make it TheFormerSkeptic ?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
29 Jan 2024 12:13
Yoop wrote:
Labrev wrote:
29 Jan 2024 11:49

There are numerous mid-30 female artists that do that and do not get half the hype. She's a good artist, I said so from the start, but no, her talent as a singer/songwriter is not what sets her apart from the other artists.

What sets her apart is she is 100x better at the business aspect of being an artist.

In truth, business and branding has more to do with success in *any* industry than talent (in western societies) not just in her specific case or the music industry.
And part of her success is catering to her fans. She wanted to be on top, and now that she is, she treats her fans the same way she did when she started. Name another top artist who spent more than 13 hours in one day signing autographs. I don't listen to her music, but she knows who made her and she doesn't let them down. That, it more important than anything else.

Now, as to the game. The team that doesn't turn the ball over will win.
true, Swift treats her fans the way they've treated her, with love and devotion, if only more NFL players acted like Swift

imho it's not just which team makes mistakes, realistically all teams do, obviously the team that makes to many or to costly of them stand to lose, to me it's which offense figures out how to take advantage of them that wins, often we see the last team with the ball wins, imho thats because they have figured out how to create mis matches, or can capitalize on existing mis matches to score.

60 minutes is a long time for a defense to hold up, eventually the better offenses will find a weakness :idn: once they find that weakness hard for any DC to fix it, typically trying leaves another spot weak, pretty soon it's a snow ball affect, and you get gutted like like a lake trout on a cutting board :lol:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Half Empty wrote:
29 Jan 2024 12:15
Raptorman wrote:
29 Jan 2024 11:48
Half Empty wrote:

Fully understand that the Ds you reference were a major part of the success of those teams. Also understand that it's a team game. Also understand a lot of other factors. What will also irk me about AR, though, is that, in some of those INDIVIDUAL games, the D did well, and he couldn't pull out the W. First one that comes to mind is against Brady and the Bucs. Late in a close game, Brady is picked off twice in a row, and the Packer O responds with two consecutive 3-and-outs.
And yet, the average Defense for points for the SB-winning teams is 5.4. But according to the idea that it's the QB that winds, Brad Johnson is just as good as Aaron Rodgers at QB. Think anyone here will buy that? Of course, it's a team game. And Rodgers is the perfect example. Without a good defense, the chances of you winning the Super Bowl are extremely thin. As I said, only one QB has ever won more than one without a top-10 defense. Eli Manning. Most have had a top 5. Brady's SB wins, his defense ranks on points. 1,1,2,6,7,8,8. How many times did Rodgers have a defense in the top 8 for points? 2009 and 2010. Yeah, it's a team game. And a big part of it is the defense. Because without it, you aren't winning.

And two things about that game and series you mentioned. First, Rodgers is sacked in both series. Second, two deep passes, and not a single rushing attempt. Now, is that on the offense or the Bucs defense?
Offense
So what you are saying is that the 1st ranked offense in points, and 5 in yards wasn't able to hold up to the 8th ranked defense in points and 6th in yards. This would tell me that the lower-ranking defense was better than the higher-ranking offense. I love it when people help me make my point.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

packman114 wrote:
29 Jan 2024 12:26
Every time I watch what the Chiefs are doing I can only think about what if we had picked Reid instead of Rhoades for our HC in 1999. How many Super Bowls would he have won with Favre and Rodgers. Bellichick and Brady would be Marv Levy and Jim Kelly instead of GOATs.
:swear:
theres no telling what I'd trade right now for Spagnola :lol: since he took over that defense has been very good, yet, to my knowledge I havn't heard of any team trying to poach one of those defensive coaches :idn:

always felt Rhodes was a Rooney hire, never made any sense at all to me, wonder if we considered Andy to young and inexperienced? just have that impression.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Labrev wrote:
29 Jan 2024 12:17
Yoop wrote:
Yeah except I never denied that she does have talent, quite the opposite. Ya TWIST mah wordz! (as you would say, but in this case actually truly).
okay boomer!
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Taylor Swift has bangers. You wanna get everyone in a karaoke bar to sing. Get up there and do Love Story or You Belong With Me and watch the mosh pit open.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Half Empty wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
29 Jan 2024 10:37
LombardiTime wrote:
29 Jan 2024 09:26
KC's success with Mahomes and that defense just highlights the collective 2011-2018 failings of not only QB Aaron Rodgers, but also coaches Mike McCarthy/Dom Capers, and GM Ted Thompson.
All right, sorry, I'm going to have to correct you on this. This was not a failing on Rodgers's part. This is the failure of the team for not putting together a defense good enough to support Rodger's abilities. Take any QB that won more than one Super Bowl, save one, and the one thing they all have in common is a top defense. From 2011-2018 Rodgers never had that.

If you want to win a Super Bowl, you need to have a good defense. Look at the 4 teams that played yesterday. 1,2,3 and 23 in defense. The Lion's defense would have had to step up big-time to win. And they did in the first half. Or did San Frans offense falter? I'll say that SF offense was off in the first half. Because they sure the hell made up for it in the second half.

And if you need more proof, just look at the defenses the Packers had when they won all of their Super Bowls. Or San Frans, or New England.
Another in a long list of reasons why his jersey number 12 shall NOT be retired. Too into himself and arrogant. Glad to see him go.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
29 Jan 2024 11:56
go pak go has an analysis. iirc, you need one unit to be good, the other great, and between the two of them and STs, no unit that stinks.
Yup.

No real side is "more apt" to winning it all than the other.

But as a common trend, your SB winner usually has a top 5 offense or defense and more importantly both units are top 10 or better and STs are never below 20th.

The only thing that really stood out is a top ranked defense has a higher SB win rate with a poor offense than a top ranked offense winning the SB with a poor defense.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

go pak go wrote:
29 Jan 2024 14:05
Labrev wrote:
go pak go has an analysis. iirc, you need one unit to be good, the other great, and between the two of them and STs, no unit that stinks.
Yup.

But as a common trend, your SB winner usually has a top 5 offense or defense and more importantly both units are top 10 or better and STs are never below 20th.

The only thing that really stood out is a top ranked defense has a higher SB win rate with a poor offense than a top ranked offense winning the SB with a poor defense.
Historically, the Super Bowl winners and losers. Points and yards offense and defense rankings average.

Code: Select all

PPGO  YPGO        PPGD    YPGD
Winners          5.6    5.8         5.7     4.8
Losers           6.2    8.5         7.7     4.2

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Raptorman wrote:
29 Jan 2024 14:52
go pak go wrote:
Labrev wrote:
Yup.

Historically, the Super Bowl winners and losers. Points and yards offense and defense rankings average.

Code: Select all

PPGO  YPGO        PPGD    YPGD
Winners          5.6    5.8         5.7     4.8
Losers           6.2    8.5         7.7     4.2
I could see that. Let's look at an example of four SB winners:

Team A: Offensive Rank 2nd and Defensive Rank 10th
Team B: Offensive Rank 9th and Defensive Rank 1st
Team C: Offensive Rank 8th and Defensive Rank 4th
Team D: Offensive Rank 3rd and Defensive Rank 7th

Your average Offense: 5.5
Your average Defense: 5.5

Goes right with my study I did a while back of usually one unit is top 5 (espeically top 3) and the other side is no lower than top 10.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
Labrev wrote:
Yup.

actually I think that's false, here's why, to get to even play in the SB your team has had to over come and improve, do analytics account for that? the defense has to be at least very good, and the same with your offense and ST has to be near mistake free, mistakes decide many PO games, so PO teams are honed up, less mistakes, what was a passive in season defenses, is now more aggressive, creation of some offensive schemes with very little in season exposure, my point is teams tend to be at there best in the PO', to me that tends to diminish referencing prior stats a bit

I always lean offense, and this is usually why, the last team to have the ball in so many of these contest scores and they win the games, and to do so they have figured out the miss match possibility's of opposing defense, exploited them with success, earlier in the game, or on film, and went back to one on the last drive, invariably I think the team that can do that wins, sometimes that team has the best of both offense and defense, if not I'll put my money on the offense every time. :mrgreen:

I admit to a certain amount of bias :rotf:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Acrobat wrote:
29 Jan 2024 10:07
There's still not nearly enough talk about men who wear flat brim caps.
There's still not enough talk about Stevie Nicks either.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I am backing the Chiefs for three reasons:

1) my son-in-law (who I like) is a huge Chiefs fan. Would be awkward for me to be cheering on a team he knows I hate against his team while we're watching the SB together. That, and he was gracious and complimentary of the Packers when we beat their asses earlier this year.

2) Andy Reid is a better coach (and person) than Bill Belichick and I want Andy's resume, when it's all said and done, to reflect that.

3) When we face the Chiefs in next year's SB, our victory will be even more climactic

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

As others have stated, the Chiefs are everything I hoped (and honestly, expected) the Packers would be 2010-2014. I was a Patriot hater during the span that NE won their first 3 Super Bowls. By the time they played Seattle, I jumped on the bandwagon. Was never a fan, but I came to appreciate them. I am starting to come around to the Chiefs in a similar way. Dynasty formation is inspiring to me. I hope one day the Packers can figure it out again.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I'm already hearing the stories of how the game is rigged so that Kelse and his husband (that blonde girl) could motivate the entire world to vote a certain way. I doubt those things would be true.

I just want the Niners to win. I want every team aiming at knocking them off next year, paving the way for the Packers to ascend to the #1 seed.

As you can tell, I don't really have a dog in the fight. I'm not against the Chiefs and I am a fan of Mahomes and Reid. I'm good with all success to them for any reason. And I'm not against the Niners winning it. Some very deserving people there too. Mostly, I hope it's just a fun game with lots of lead changes.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
i am ashamed of myself for defending taylor swift. she actually writes her OWN songs, and she has literally dozens of hits over a span that is almost 2 decades. Def an elite songwriter.
Nickelback's songs sound the same. Swift's song lyrics are the same.