Random stuff

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Papa John wrote:
25 Jan 2024 10:17
NCF wrote:
25 Jan 2024 08:32
How do some people keep their jobs? Incompetence is at an all-time high clear across the board.

In my opinion the Covid era galvanized a culture of apathy that was already on the uptrend. Being told by the news every day that we're all going to die causes people to not care. Also, legalized marijuana. I understand that there are people who can consume cannabis and still function at a high level. However, most people cannot (even if they think they can). And there are a LOT of people getting high in the workplace.
all true, however 1.4 plus mil did die, many others close to it, covid was no laughing matter, to bad more didn't take it more seriously, Marihuana is no different then Alcohol back in the 30's, people try it, abuse it, and it losses it's appeal, heck co workers showed up after lunch 3 quarters drunk my whole working career, guilty as charged myself a few times.

wont argue about the apathy though, agree it was already coming prior to covid, years in the making actually, I tend to blame us Papa, the old golden standard, I want better for my children then I had it myself has turned out some spoiled off spring, heck 10 years ago my neighbors boy found out I needed someone to cut my grass, he was 16 at the time, as long as I supplied the ridding mower, he'd do that one hour job for a measly 30 bucks :rotf: It took all I had to politely decline, so I think it's a generational increase of entitlement of one generation after the next

30.00 a hr for simply riding around a yard :thwap: my other neighbor full grown man, hobbled over, beer in one hand, joint in the other hopped on that ridder, cut the grass, and didn't charge me a thing, I tipped him with a couple of blunts :rotf:

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

Yoop wrote:
25 Jan 2024 13:49
all true, however 1.4 plus mil did die, many others close to it, covid was no laughing matter, to bad more didn't take it more seriously,
Wasn't even commenting on Covid nor the threat that it posed. Simply stating that the threat of mass impending doom as was portrayed by the media (whether real or perceived) was going to increase levels of apathy WRT some random service job that someone has.
heck co workers showed up after lunch 3 quarters drunk my whole working career,
That's very sad. It sounds like those people had an addiction problem. Unfortunately, people who show up to work high every day don't have any less of an addiction problem. There's always the option of.... showing up to work sober. What a concept. :idn:
I tend to blame us Papa, the old golden standard, I want better for my children then I had it myself has turned out some spoiled off spring,
We are in agreement here. Add in the effects of the smartphone revolution and one can only conclude that society is completely $%@#. Nothing left we can do. Just sit back and enjoy the decline. :beer2:
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
25 Jan 2024 08:32
How do some people keep their jobs? Incompetence is at an all-time high clear across the board.

Had to take a screenshot, assuming this will be deleted soon.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Isn’t that a pic of Evero?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
26 Jan 2024 06:57
Isn’t that a pic of Evero?
Sure is.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Papa John wrote:
25 Jan 2024 16:38
Yoop wrote:
25 Jan 2024 13:49
all true, however 1.4 plus mil did die, many others close to it, covid was no laughing matter, to bad more didn't take it more seriously,
Wasn't even commenting on Covid nor the threat that it posed. Simply stating that the threat of mass impending doom as was portrayed by the media (whether real or perceived) was going to increase levels of apathy WRT some random service job that someone has.
heck co workers showed up after lunch 3 quarters drunk my whole working career,
That's very sad. It sounds like those people had an addiction problem. Unfortunately, people who show up to work high every day don't have any less of an addiction problem. There's always the option of.... showing up to work sober. What a concept. :idn:
I tend to blame us Papa, the old golden standard, I want better for my children then I had it myself has turned out some spoiled off spring,
We are in agreement here. Add in the effects of the smartphone revolution and one can only conclude that society is completely $%@#. Nothing left we can do. Just sit back and enjoy the decline. :beer2:
construction work use to be loaded with abuse, liquid lunches, thats why the industry cracked down with drug testing, insurance costs had sky rocketed, same in sales industry, cept your less apt to have a life threatening accident sitting at a desk.

I think most things revolve, or are made to, such as drinking and drugging on the job, employers (Insurance) wont allow it, same with drinking (drugging) and driving, there hasn't been a strong enough rebuke with cell phones yet, people still text and drive, text in class room and on the job, that will diminish or near end entirely in the future, multi tasking amounts to cheating both principals, to many accidents, to many dumb students, and employers cheated out of wages, the dot com, era brought in so many great advances, also the curse of abuse, jmo :beer2:

never had a social media account, to easy for a outspoken person like myself to offend someone without intentionally doing so, friends matter, less of me is more :lol:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

This $%@# had me in tears… :lol: :lol: :lol:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

This is kinda cool:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So can we stop with this ridiculousness yet?

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BF004 wrote:
31 Jan 2024 22:24
So can we stop with this ridiculousness yet?

What am I missing? That the code is meant to verify a human but the AI read it? Or am I missing something about the code?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yes, machine read the unbreakable human test code.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

I have never had issues with back pain until about 3 weeks ago. Started in the lower right small of my back. Chiropractor told me to ice it and use a pressure device to relieve pain. Last night finally was feeling close to 100% again. This morning I wake up and the pain has now migrated to my mid back. I don't wish this &%$@ on anyone, it's awful.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Papa John wrote:
07 Feb 2024 13:39
I have never had issues with back pain until about 3 weeks ago. Started in the lower right small of my back. Chiropractor told me to ice it and use a pressure device to relieve pain. Last night finally was feeling close to 100% again. This morning I wake up and the pain has now migrated to my mid back. I don't wish this &%$@ on anyone, it's awful.
My boss goes in for spinal surgery on Friday and will be out for 6 weeks (hopefully not longer). Hope you can get stuff figured out Papa and it's not that big of a deal.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Papa John wrote:
Sucks; absolutely awful. Ive thrown my out probably a dozen times, bad ones legit got like 2 days on bed rest and can’t even stand up straight. Can just feel it every single breath with no reprieve.

I am always super careful picking anything up ever. I go the chiro once a month now, been in a real nice routine since starting to do that like the last 5-6 years. Nothing beyond just the casual annoyance now that I can usually muscle through on. Nothing that impacts my daily life in a long time.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

BF004 wrote:
07 Feb 2024 14:55
Papa John wrote:
Sucks; absolutely awful. Ive thrown my out probably a dozen times, bad ones legit got like 2 days on bed rest and can’t even stand up straight. Can just feel it every single breath with no reprieve.

I am always super careful picking anything up ever. I go the chiro once a month now, been in a real nice routine since starting to do that like the last 5-6 years. Nothing beyond just the casual annoyance now that I can usually muscle through on. Nothing that impacts my daily life in a long time.
See, this is my fear. I just don't want it to be a long term, recurring issue. It all started with a weight lifting injury. Like you, I've been visiting chiropractors regularly for almost a decade. Glad it hasn't been an issue for you in awhile.
- Bill Parcells

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

paco wrote:
07 Feb 2024 14:14
Papa John wrote:
My boss goes in for spinal surgery on Friday and will be out for 6 weeks (hopefully not longer). Hope you can get stuff figured out Papa and it's not that big of a deal.
Thanks paco, me too.
- Bill Parcells

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Papa John wrote:
07 Feb 2024 17:12
BF004 wrote:
07 Feb 2024 14:55
Papa John wrote:

See, this is my fear. I just don't want it to be a long term, recurring issue. It all started with a weight lifting injury. Like you, I've been visiting chiropractors regularly for almost a decade. Glad it hasn't been an issue for you in awhile.
Where do you live? Have gotten x-ray,

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Papa John wrote:
I feel ya, [mention]Papa John[/mention].

I have been dealing with back and neck issues for the past 15ish years. I've been diagnosed with degenerative discs in my lower back and neck allegedly caused from being subjected to the vibrations associated with flying helicopters all these years. I've tried chiropractors but only realized temporary relief, as in maybe a couple hours. The VA recommends surgery but I'm not letting any of those hacks cut into my spine until I've reached my discomfort threshold. I've spent thousands on new mattresses but still only manage about 4-6 hours of sleep per night due to back soreness not allowing me to lay in bed any longer.

When I'm active, I feel the best. It's only prolonged sitting/laying when it manifests itself. I'm still very careful not to put too much stress on my back when exercising or lifting so as not to agitate an already uncomfortable situation.

It's a literal pain but, at this point, still manageable. I know the day is coming, though, when I'll have to address it surgically. Ugh. For your sake, I hope your issues are only temporary and you're back to life's rodeo in short order.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

APB wrote:
08 Feb 2024 06:24
Papa John wrote:
I feel ya, @Papa John.

I have been dealing with back and neck issues for the past 15ish years. I've been diagnosed with degenerative discs in my lower back and neck allegedly caused from being subjected to the vibrations associated with flying helicopters all these years. I've tried chiropractors but only realized temporary relief, as in maybe a couple hours. The VA recommends surgery but I'm not letting any of those hacks cut into my spine until I've reached my discomfort threshold. I've spent thousands on new mattresses but still only manage about 4-6 hours of sleep per night due to back soreness not allowing me to lay in bed any longer.

When I'm active, I feel the best. It's only prolonged sitting/laying when it manifests itself. I'm still very careful not to put too much stress on my back when exercising or lifting so as not to agitate an already uncomfortable situation.

It's a literal pain but, at this point, still manageable. I know the day is coming, though, when I'll have to address it surgically. Ugh. For your sake, I hope your issues are only temporary and you're back to life's rodeo in short order.
I know nothing about the success rates of back surgery when it comes to addressing pain. Are they not typically successful? 4-6 hours of sleep a night is a nightmare, APB. It's a wonder that you can make as coherent of posts as you do, while working with that little amount of rest. I would say my pain is manageable, relative to what you and BF004 have described. I'm still icing it for 15 minutes every hour and using the device. You're right about the prolonged sitting- was sick a few weeks ago and basically was on my ass all day every day. First day I felt better, I immediately go to the gym and then this happens. Thinking maybe the transition from extensive sitting to suddenly lifting heavy weights shocked my body. Should have taken more time to warm things up.
- Bill Parcells