Green Bay Packers @ Minnesota Vikings GDT - 9/13 - 12:00 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

salmar80 wrote:
13 Sep 2020 11:42
We'll see whether Elg can hack it at RT, but a pretty exciting trial. Love having the best talent at OT. If it doesn't work out, there's a less exciting but probably functional fall back option.
The fact that Danielle Hunter will not line up across from him will help out big time. I wonder if Yannick wanders over a few times to test that match-up.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I like your prediction BF. I now feel we are going to whip em.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Chilli
Reactions:

Post by Chilli »

Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Sep 2020 11:40
Chilli wrote:
13 Sep 2020 11:34
Woah. :o

This opportunity has been long time coming for Patrick but weakening a position of strength to fill a hole elsewhere is not something i'm a fan of. Jenkins has barely any tackle experience compared to Wagner who has played many NFL games there. Not a good endorsement for Wagner right now.
If they thought Jenkins and Wagner was better than Patrick and Jenkins, I am sure they would do that. It's possible Wagner is still not ready after being out with an injury.
If he's not all the way back from his injury then I would understand this decision.

But if he's perfectly fine then that means Wagner is essentially the no.3 RT at the moment. That's not good.

kampmanfan4life
Reactions:

Post by kampmanfan4life »

Excited to see some live action today, although I have not been following the NFL like I used too.

Does the JS live blog work for anybody yet? I guess I could just go to twitter too.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Chilli wrote:
13 Sep 2020 11:46
But if he's perfectly fine then that means Wagner is essentially the no.3 RT at the moment. That's not good.
Agree. If that is true, might as well cut ties, eat what we have coming and re-sign Jared Veldheer.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Chilli wrote:
13 Sep 2020 11:34
Woah. :o

This opportunity has been long time coming for Patrick but weakening a position of strength to fill a hole elsewhere is not something i'm a fan of. Jenkins has barely any tackle experience compared to Wagner who has played many NFL games there. Not a good endorsement for Wagner right now.
Speaks to the versatility of Jenkins, he played T in college, unless you watch a lot of practice and OL play, it's really hard to judge the players, even so we only see the extremes, either they won or lost the battles, not so much WHY though, obviously the coaches do, right, it's looking like Wagner is our swing tackle, and Jenkins is the #2 T or starting RT, I'am not to surprised, Jenkins was rated high in great OL class

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
13 Sep 2020 11:25
So here we go, I’m not opposed to trying it.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Love putting the best players at OT. Patrick will have a much softer landing into a starting role inside. Can’t wait to see how it plays out!
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

It's here.

Live football.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

LET'S GO!!

GO PACK GO!!!!

:cheer: :packers: :cheer: :packers: :cheer: :packers: :cheer: :packers: :cheer: :packers: :cheer: :packers:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
13 Sep 2020 11:43
salmar80 wrote:
13 Sep 2020 11:42
We'll see whether Elg can hack it at RT, but a pretty exciting trial. Love having the best talent at OT. If it doesn't work out, there's a less exciting but probably functional fall back option.
The fact that Danielle Hunter will not line up across from him will help out big time. I wonder if Yannick wanders over a few times to test that match-up.
With hunter out, Bak can pretty much stay on an island all day and shouldn’t be hard to help whoever is RT is when Yannick is over there. Speed rusher is somewhat worthless when you don’t have anyone who can pressure inside.

Either way, I think the Vikings will rely on schematic pressure, particularly up the middle. Wouldn’t be surprised if Barr comes up to pressure around the edge and up the middle a ton without other competent rushers.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

ready for football, no matter what happens, seems like a long long off season, GO PACK GO :aok:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Hooray for our first pro-footbaw game in the Dystopia!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I mean, I was happy to be watching American ads because they're sorta part of football.

How beating the crap outta some Vikings will feel... :woohoo:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Empty stadium is still really weird.

Fake crowd noise is pretty eerie.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

That was quick.

FIRST DOWN!!

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Rodgers wanted that one to keep going!

Check down for 6, exactly what we need for drives.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Looking crisp!!

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Nice blocking Big Bob!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Shredding. Game plan looks really good.
Cancelled by the forum elites.