Jordan Freaking Love

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

Yoop wrote:
03 Apr 2024 13:35
some of this also is a result of not having Jones, in the red zone he's another player a defense has to cover, lack of experience at receiver also makes it tough , that limits the plays Lafleur can call up, not to defend Love, just saying he had a lot of issues to over come besides being a 1st time starter.
Love won't have Jones moving forward at all. Let's hope he is capable of doing better without him than he did last season.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
03 Apr 2024 14:35
For Love it's not about being better Year 2. We have seen his peak. I don't think a quarterback can honestly be better than Love's peak. Dallas was THAT good.

For Love it is now about consistency. Love can't have his 4 game stretch early in the season, against the Giants, and more importantly can't falter like he did in the 4th quarter in San Francisco.

Our quarterback needs to rise up in the big moments. We struggle with that. I understand most teams do but Mahommes and Brady have absolutely bucked that trend. I hope Love has that pedigree.
Part about being better in year 2 is improving the consistency.

If he doesn’t play like absolute dog &%$@ in the early middle of the season we probably end up with a lot better seeding. Then it came to the playoffs and he made one poorly thrown pass and one terrible, classic college scouting Love pass that both ended in picks.

If he improves the consistency he will naturally be better in year 2.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
04 Apr 2024 14:36
go pak go wrote:
For Love it's not about being better Year 2. We have seen his peak. I don't think a quarterback can honestly be better than Love's peak. Dallas was THAT good.

For Love it is now about consistency. Love can't have his 4 game stretch early in the season, against the Giants, and more importantly can't falter like he did in the 4th quarter in San Francisco.

Our quarterback needs to rise up in the big moments. We struggle with that. I understand most teams do but Mahommes and Brady have absolutely bucked that trend. I hope Love has that pedigree.

If he doesn’t play like absolute dog &%$@ in the early middle of the season we probably end up with a lot better seeding. Then it came to the playoffs and he made one poorly thrown pass and one terrible, classic college scouting Love pass that both ended in picks.

Yup. Just raise the floor. Make sure your bad days aren't god awful. Because when I look at games like the Giants game...his bad day was really bad.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
04 Apr 2024 14:46
lupedafiasco wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Yup. Just raise the floor. Make sure your bad days aren't god awful. Because when I look at games like the Giants game...his bad day was really bad.
seriously, what did you think I was talking about yesterday? we all saw the best, and it was very good, what we hoped obviously was more of that.

what held him back from more consistency was exactly what I started my comment with, crap blocking, not picking up free rushers, and lack of experience at the WR position, same &%$@ that held Rodgers back to start the 2021 season.

you and others simply refuse the logic in that, nah it's got to be more complicated that just that, to funny :rotf:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
04 Apr 2024 15:08
go pak go wrote:
04 Apr 2024 14:46
lupedafiasco wrote:

seriously, what did you think I was talking about yesterday? we all saw the best, and it was very good, what we hoped obviously was more of that.

what held him back from more consistency was exactly what I started my comment with, crap blocking, not picking up free rushers, and lack of experience at the WR position, same &%$@ that held Rodgers back to start the 2021 season.

you and others simply refuse the logic in that, nah it's got to be more complicated that just that, to funny :rotf:
Question. Has a Packers starting quarterback since 1993 ever done anything wrong in your eyes? Or was it always somebody else's fault?
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
go pak go wrote:

he never played like dog &%$@, only issues I saw was not stepping into some throws, and the pass rush and speed of it getting to him, and a lot of that where protection issues.

His consistency continued to improve with every game after week 8 or so.

people that even attempt to rip on Love better count there lucky stars, seriously I just can't understand you people.

lot of spoiled rotten Packer fans

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
04 Apr 2024 15:17
lupedafiasco wrote:
go pak go wrote:

he never played like dog &%$@, only issues I saw was not stepping into some throws, and the pass rush and speed of it getting to him, and a lot of that where protection issues.

people that even attempt to rip on Love better count there lucky stars, seriously I just can't understand you people.

Yeah, I tried telling lupe that multiple times last year when he went on his bum sauce to MVP to wet trash back to MVP between October and November roller coaster, don't think it sunk in.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
04 Apr 2024 15:22
Yoop wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

Yeah, I tried telling lupe that multiple times last year when he went on his bum sauce to MVP to wet trash back to MVP between October and November roller coaster, don't think it sunk in.
I've tried to keep a tight lip with some of the player bashing, but Lupe just hits these players hard, to say anyone that plays in the XFL are garbage is flat out insane, those guys are great athletes, many for whatever reason just didn't catch a break, yet, doesn't mean they wont get on a nfl team at some point

I pinch myself, does any football fan have a right to be a fan of a team with 4 HOF QB's in his lifetime, true Love aint there yet, but just the thought that he could be gives me goose bumps. :aok:

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

What exactly did Lupe say in that last post that was inaccurate? Love showed lots of promise last season. This season is going to be more challenging for him because teams are going to have more film to study. This is why I was so disappointed at having lost to SF. We had the element of surprise and it's only going to get more difficult for this young team. We aren't flying under the radar anymore, the whole league expects us to be good now.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Papa John wrote:
04 Apr 2024 15:42
What exactly did Lupe say in that last post that was inaccurate? Love showed lots of promise last season. This season is going to be more challenging for him because teams are going to have more film to study. This is why I was so disappointed at having lost to SF. We had the element of surprise and it's only going to get more difficult for this young team. We aren't flying under the radar anymore, the whole league expects us to be good now.
He got flustered under pressure and had a couple bad throws against SF, and some of that could be a result of play calls and Lafleur.

"If he doesn't play like dog &%$@" seems a comment exemplifying he had prior, again I disagree with that, his supporting cast had though.

I think I responded to Lupe's comment over his stance concerning players in the past, mostly, he has a track record of bum saucing some players :lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Love was never terrible, but for the love of Love at least admit he wasn't NFL standard good in some games/halves last year...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Apr 2024 17:25
Love was never terrible, but for the love of Love at least admit he wasn't NFL standard good in some games/halves last year...
the team was just as much at fault for not being up to NFL standards..

this conversation is just like the games, doesn't matter who, why, or when, but the QB is always at fault.

so NO, for the Love of Love I won't blame him for crap blocking, poor protection and a inexperienced receiver core, but you can if that floats your boat

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
04 Apr 2024 17:41
Pckfn23 wrote:

this conversation is just like the games, doesn't matter who, why, or when, but the QB is always at fault.

so NO, for the Love of Love I won't blame him for crap blocking, poor protection and a inexperienced receiver core, but you can if that floats your boat
It does matter who, why, or when and no one has EVER said it is always the QBs fault. YOU however are pretty much declaring that it is never the QB's fault.

Did anyone say you had to blame him for things out of his control? No. Blame him for the mistakes and poor play that is on him. It did happen last year and he was not good enough in that 4-5 game stretch, not by a long shot. He, Love the QB, wasn't good in the 2nd half of the 49er game either. It happens. He was really good at other times last year. Call a spade a spade and stop making excuses for the QB at every turn.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Apr 2024 19:20
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

It does matter who, why, or when and no one has EVER said it is always the QBs fault. YOU however are pretty much declaring that it is never the QB's fault.

Did anyone say you had to blame him for things out of his control? No. Blame him for the mistakes and poor play that is on him. It did happen last year and he was not good enough in that 4-5 game stretch, not by a long shot. He, Love the QB, wasn't good in the 2nd half of the 49er game either. It happens. He was really good at other times last year. Call a spade a spade and stop making excuses for the QB at every turn.
BS, why would I blame him for SF? It was Barry that put him in that predicament anyway, and those 4 or 5 games you so desperately want me to blame on Love is complete horse &%$@ and you know it, or maybe you actually don't, those issues are the result of crap blocking, and completely free rushers.

first year starting QB, and a &%$@ house full of inexperienced or hobbled WR, and your going to pick him apart for a few poor plays, as I said if that gets you off, go for it.
Last edited by Yoop on 04 Apr 2024 20:47, edited 1 time in total.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
04 Apr 2024 20:28
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

BS, he was normal, average at times, no way I'd ever blame him for the late game fail against SF, Lafleur and by extension his buddy Barry put him in that predicament anyway
No, he was below average at times and he absolutely deserves SOME blame for the late game fail against San Francisco.
what I don't get is why some of you want to act like he should have been at his best for every play, no one is,
He should be at his best every play. He will not be at his best every play. No player ever is. ALL players should get the opportunity to be blamed for plays when they are not at their best.
and he had valid reasons for it, like Walker consistently failing on inside counters, or Myers driven right back to Love, or the countless other blocking fails that went on for half the season,
Those are things that contributed to poor offense. Love's play also did during that bad stretch. As Love's good play contributed to good offense during that latter half of the season.
rather then complain about that, ya complain about the person most responsible for getting us in the PO in the first place :thwap: figures
This is the "Jordan Freaking Love" thread, of course we are talking about Jordan Love... :roll: Did Jordan Love ever do something wrong in 2023?

This is the same Rodgers nonsense where the QB can not be blamed for the QB playing poorly.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Apr 2024 20:41
Yoop wrote:
04 Apr 2024 20:28
Pckfn23 wrote:

BS, he was normal, average at times, no way I'd ever blame him for the late game fail against SF, Lafleur and by extension his buddy Barry put him in that predicament anyway
No, he was below average at times and he absolutely deserves SOME blame for the late game fail against San Francisco.
what I don't get is why some of you want to act like he should have been at his best for every play, no one is,
He should be at his best every play. He will not be at his best every play. No player ever is. ALL players should get the opportunity to be blamed for plays when they are not at their best.
and he had valid reasons for it, like Walker consistently failing on inside counters, or Myers driven right back to Love, or the countless other blocking fails that went on for half the season,
Those are things that contributed to poor offense. Love's play also did during that bad stretch. As Love's good play contributed to good offense during that latter half of the season.
rather then complain about that, ya complain about the person most responsible for getting us in the PO in the first place :thwap: figures
This is the "Jordan Freaking Love" thread, of course we are talking about Jordan Love... :roll: Did Jordan Love ever do something wrong in 2023?

This is the same Rodgers nonsense where the QB can not be blamed for the QB playing poorly.
it's the same type BS as with Rodgers, again it doesn't matter why, when, or how, the QB gets the blame.

you know why that is, just like the garbage your trying to sell now, you discount the &%$@ blocking, the mistake prone receivers in order to say LOVE DIDEN'T play well either, and it's complete hog manure, go tell that to someone that can't figure out what there watching.

go tell that to Lafleur, and he will laugh right in your face, again Love may not have been perfect, but he was not the reason, certainly not the main reason for those lousy 4 or 5 games.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
04 Apr 2024 16:09
Papa John wrote:
He got flustered under pressure and had a couple bad throws against SF, and some of that could be a result of play calls and Lafleur.

"If he doesn't play like dog &%$@" seems a comment exemplifying he had prior, again I disagree with that, his supporting cast had though.

I think I responded to Lupe's comment over his stance concerning players in the past, mostly, he has a track record of bum saucing some players :lol:
My goodness. Just look at how bad the 10 offensive players are here. Love is fine though.

Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
04 Apr 2024 20:56

it's the same type BS as with Rodgers, again it doesn't matter why, when, or how, the QB gets the blame.
No, it definitely does matter and all 11 players should receive blame, when they deserve it.
you know why that is, just like the garbage your trying to sell now, you discount the &%$@ blocking,
Never did that. Pass blocking was pretty suspect to say the least from game about 4-9.
the mistake prone receivers
Didn't do that either. Receiver were pretty poor at times when they were learning to play NFL football.
in order to say LOVE DIDEN'T play well either, and it's complete hog manure, go tell that to someone that can't figure out what there watching.
I am telling someone that can't figure out what they are watching. Love didn't play well at times, for a few games at a time even. It's a fact.
go tell that to Lafleur, and he will laugh right in your face, again Love may not have been perfect, but he was not the reason, certainly not the main reason for those lousy 4 or 5 games.
I told LaFleur. He agreed and thanked me for my observation. Love was not perfect and Love was a reason why Love did not play well at times.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
04 Apr 2024 21:01
Yoop wrote:
04 Apr 2024 16:09
Papa John wrote:

My goodness. Just look at how bad the 10 offensive players are here. Love is fine though.

never said he didn't have a bad play.

23 was right, this is a Jordan Love thread, rip him for every thing he didn't do perfectly.

thing is a solid OL, experienced receivers, and it's very doubtful we'd have experienced that 4 or 5 game losing stretch, rather, just may have pushed hard on Detroit for the division and had 12 or 13 wins last year, as I had predicted

I don't sit and rag on a player who was least responsible for that not happening, saying insane stuff like if he doesn't play like dog &%$@ :thwap: ( I guess you think that stupid pick qualifies as that) :box:

why wouldn't we all expect more consistency from Love, that would seem logical, specially now with Walker having a year under his belt, and a season under all these receivers, my point is that what made everything harder for Love to start last year will have more chemistry and experience to start this season, I'am thinking a faster start will build quicker momentum, hence, PO's and Lombardi's.

now back to vids of Loves's worst plays :hide:

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

Yoop wrote:
Love had stretches of games last season in which he struggled while the pocket was kept clean as well.

In the five games vs. the Raiders, Broncos, Vikings, Steelers and Giants he completed only 62.3% of his passes, threw only four touchdowns and six interceptions while having a passer rating of 70.9 while facing no pressure.

With that being said, let me be clear about that I was surprised by how well he played overall as a first year starter and I'm confident in him developing into a very good QB for the next 10+ seasons. But, he made some mistakes in 2023 as well for which he should be allowed to be criticized.