Green Bay Packers @ Minnesota Vikings GDT - 9/13 - 12:00 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

YoHoChecko wrote:
13 Sep 2020 15:21
Final time of possession was 40:16 to 18:44 :shock:

Play? 76 to 49 :rotf:
:lol:
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Reporter to Adams: "When did you know you could do whatever you want against these guys?"

Adams: "Probably on Friday"

YOU GUYS

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

I have 2 take-aways from today's game: Rodgers hasn't looked this good in 2 freaking years and we better hope Kenny Clark isn't out long.

The one thing that drove me crazy AGAIN is play clock management. :messedup: We still screw around and have to burn time outs. We didn't need them today but sometime soon we will.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

YoHoChecko wrote:
13 Sep 2020 15:43
Reporter to Adams: "When did you know you could do whatever you want against these guys?"

YOU GUYS
:lol: :lol:

Freewheelingutey
Reactions:

Post by Freewheelingutey »

They really must not think much of Burks or Summers. Barnes who was just signed from the practice squad yesterday played more snaps on defense than either one of those 2. He actually did ok too.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Freewheelingutey wrote:
13 Sep 2020 15:45
They really must not think much of Burks or Summers. Barnes who was just signed from the practice squad yesterday played more snaps on defense than either one of those 2. He actually did ok too.
2 TFL, as a matter of fact. May have earned himself a roster spot.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
13 Sep 2020 15:22
Freewheelingutey wrote:
13 Sep 2020 15:22
This run defense still looks terrible! Even when Kenny was in that first queens td was pure garbage run d. Pettine should be canned..their oline is weak..attack them!
We drop 40+ on the Vikings and you come in with your first post-game comment as a negative? Go home.
Someone find me the Vikings version of freewheelin, I'd love to see what that amount of negativity looks like when you lose to a division rival as badly as this.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Freewheelingutey wrote:
13 Sep 2020 15:45
What they think of Summers or Burks is irrelevant. Barnes played well. Shows us that the team had confidence in his game.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Freewheelingutey
Reactions:

Was shocked to see him start. Really didn't know much about him. Hope he can stick.
The thing that really bothered me is how soft the defense played in the 2nd half. Yeah maybe Kenny being out had alot to do with it. The depth behind him is not good. We all saw how bad the line is with Lancaster and Lowry and no Kenny. I hope he is not out for any length of time. They need to add better depth there.

Freewheelingutey
Reactions:

Goodbye..don't need to get jumped on for every comment!! Have fun with your site!

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

YoHoChecko wrote:
13 Sep 2020 15:43

YOU GUYS

RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

That offense has come together nicely, the only thing this system calls for that seems to be missing is a receiving threat at TE (and maybe not for long, Deguara looks ready to make an impact early).

Defense needs to clean things up, very sloppy play out there.

Between these games and the travel, though, it's hard to imagine that these rosters are not gonna get decimated by SARS-CoV-2. I wonder how much of this will just come down to straight-up survival of the fittest.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Labrev wrote:
13 Sep 2020 15:57
Between these games and the travel, though, it's hard to imagine that these rosters are not gonna get decimated by SARS-CoV-2. I wonder how much of this will just come down to straight-up survival of the fittest.
Zero positive tests from the Thursday game is a really nice sign.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Labrev wrote:
That offense has come together nicely, the only thing this system calls for that seems to be missing is a receiving threat at TE (and maybe not for long, Deguara looks ready to make an impact early).
The Vikings' best defenders are ILBs and safeties. I don't think we should judge the TE thread by this game. Our plan was to attack their corners and we executed it all day long.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Few thoughts:

1. That was easily the best offensive performance during the MLF era. Our runs looked beautiful and fun and all of our running backs are really solid. AJ Dillon honestly looked as advertised today.

2. Swervin Ervin. What a freaking weapon he is for us.

3. I always thought Lazard was #3 WR this year because MVS would make the leap. Man I thought today was the going to be his breakout game too. What a freaking catch for his TD in the first half. And then MVS does what MVS does. Super happy we went to him on the free play. He needed it bad. This offense goes honesly to elite level if MVS can be the player his potential is.

4. Really surprising that EQ was a healthy scratch. But yet it also isn't. We just will use so much less WRs then we are used to as Packers fans.

5. Deguara is the real deal folks. That cut block to take out the CB and the Safety?!

6. We saw really nothing from our TEs today.

7. Fantastic job from our Oline. Yet again, this MN Vikings team was probably the best team to have 3 lineup changes against.

8. I predicted MN to be last in the division this year. I still think that may happen.

9. Justin Jefferson has talent. You can see it.

10. Was hoping to see more from Rashan Gary. He played a lot. He had a few times where he made some key pressures but overall I was hoping more from our pass rushers.

11. This defense fell off a cliff once Clark went down. Honestly incredibly proud of their effort on the two drives in the 3rd quarter but my goodness Pettine really sucks at letting opponents score points in chunks.

12. We honestly could have put up 60 points on MN today. Their defense might just be the most overrated unit in the league

13. That being said, I was really let down by our defense too. I feel like w are saying "well yeah but the game was never in question, blah, blah, blah." We said the same thing during 2011 when the offense did so well. The fact is we needed drives from our offense when the game should have been over. We all could feel it too. How many times did we say dagger today and then we needed another dagger? This game wasn't decided officially until about 72 seconds to go. That is concerning by how well our offense dominated this game.

14. Alexander had two great plays. But Alexander also allowed a few great plays.

15. For as disappointed as I was in the defense today, you can also see how close they are being dominant too. This defense was absolutely lethal that first half.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
13 Sep 2020 16:01
Labrev wrote:
The Vikings' best defenders are ILBs and safeties. I don't think we should judge the TE thread by this game. Our plan was to attack their corners and we executed it all day long.
I see it both ways. True, what you say, but also not encouraged by what we saw.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Freewheelingutey wrote:
13 Sep 2020 15:52
Was shocked to see him start. Really didn't know much about him. Hope he can stick.
The thing that really bothered me is how soft the defense played in the 2nd half. Yeah maybe Kenny being out had alot to do with it. The depth behind him is not good. We all saw how bad the line is with Lancaster and Lowry and no Kenny. I hope he is not out for any length of time. They need to add better depth there.
the point is though that you brought no joy with your pronouncements, we basically dominated the vikes in every facet of football that matters, and all you cared about was negatives that obviously we all know about, we all understand for instance that after Clark our DL is suspect, and the same at ILB, issues we've been concerned about since Columbus landed.

I was just ready to kick off a complaint my own self, however now that I've seen how yours where received I'am buttoning the lip :rotf:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Jaire taking it serious at his press conference

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Aaron Rodgers was so freaking good today.

Did ya'll notice how happy he was to dump the pass off to halfbacks? I felt like I was watching 2010 Aaron Rodgers.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Wait.

The Jaire safety wasn't a called blitz; he just went because there was no one on his side of the field.

:shock: :mrgreen: