Cheese Curds - News Around the League 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

APB wrote:
13 May 2024 18:14
I think we can assume Goff’s new extension will provide, at a minimum, the floor for Love’s new deal. I don’t think their’s a chance in hell Love signs a deal worth less.
Next guy always gets more. I think there needs to be a real sense of urgency in signing love to a deal. I’ve said without a doubt he gets over 50M per year and more than likely 55M. This just makes it look more like he could reach into the 60M range.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

We have Love under contract next year for a maximum value of like $21M assuming he hits all incentives that he probably already hit.

That means a deal that is, say, a 4-year $200 M extraction is a 5-year $220M full contact. I think Love’s announced deal will have a new money/new years value if over $50M but an actual value of under $50M aav

And I think the deal will be announced by the end of June

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

I realize he's going to get paid. I also realize the amount he's going to get paid is so far out of what I grew up with as "normal" even for NFL football players. and yes, I realize and mentioned just how much I was impressed during that stretch last year where everything started clicking. and yes I'm very nervous about paying him that kind of money now. That last game really doesn't sit well with me. He was great, then he tightened up and wasn't and we lost. Lots of guys are good for a little while and then teams figure them out and they aren't. Which is why guys like Rodgers and Brady and brees before the arm died were true greats. Can read and adapt to anything. Can love? I guess we're going to be paying him to find out.

I don't care that Goff got all that money, i'm glad the lions are paying it LOL.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

musclestang wrote:
14 May 2024 06:03
I realize he's going to get paid. I also realize the amount he's going to get paid is so far out of what I grew up with as "normal" even for NFL football players. and yes, I realize and mentioned just how much I was impressed during that stretch last year where everything started clicking. and yes I'm very nervous about paying him that kind of money now. That last game really doesn't sit well with me. He was great, then he tightened up and wasn't and we lost. Lots of guys are good for a little while and then teams figure them out and they aren't. Which is why guys like Rodgers and Brady and brees before the arm died were true greats. Can read and adapt to anything. Can love? I guess we're going to be paying him to find out.

I don't care that Goff got all that money, i'm glad the lions are paying it LOL.
Like him or hate him, his last episode was very relevant to your post.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Peter Buttkowski is everything wrong with Packers radio.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Minnesota Vikings have signed Robert Tonyan as they added depth at tight end while T.J. Hockenson recovers from a torn anterior cruciate ligament.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Cdragon wrote:
16 May 2024 14:03
Minnesota Vikings have signed Robert Tonyan as they added depth at tight end while T.J. Hockenson recovers from a torn anterior cruciate ligament.
Completing his NFC North tour.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
17 May 2024 05:35
Cdragon wrote:
16 May 2024 14:03
Completing his NFC North tour.
That, or he’s playing the long game and eventually expects to reunite with Rodgers.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

musclestang wrote:
That last game really doesn't sit well with me. He was great, then he tightened up and wasn't and we lost. Lots of guys are good for a little while and then teams figure them out and they aren't. Which is why guys like Rodgers and Brady and brees before the arm died were true greats. Can read and adapt to anything. Can love? I guess we're going to be paying him to find out.
I agree with this.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Papa John wrote:
17 May 2024 10:30
musclestang wrote:
That last game really doesn't sit well with me. He was great, then he tightened up and wasn't and we lost. Lots of guys are good for a little while and then teams figure them out and they aren't. Which is why guys like Rodgers and Brady and brees before the arm died were true greats. Can read and adapt to anything. Can love? I guess we're going to be paying him to find out.
I agree with this.
I don't. One terrible decision/pass. That is all that it was. If Carlson makes that FG, we are still talking about taking the 49ers to OT in their house. The tipped ball interception I am chalking up to bad luck more than anything else. The decision was fine, the ball could have been caught, but it was not a great ball and when those get tipped up, interceptions happen.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
17 May 2024 11:15
Papa John wrote:
musclestang wrote:
I agree with this.
I don't. One terrible decision/pass. That is all that it was. If Carlson makes that FG, we are still talking about taking the 49ers to OT in their house. The tipped ball interception I am chalking up to bad luck more than anything else. The decision was fine, the ball could have been caught, but it was not a great ball and when those get tipped up, interceptions happen.
Love did enough for us to win that game, Joe Barry doesn't work here any more, hard to blame just any one thing, but our defense couldn't keep a lead against that Niner offense.

the QB though usually gets the blame

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Yoop wrote:
17 May 2024 12:13
NCF wrote:
17 May 2024 11:15
Papa John wrote:

I agree with this.
Love did enough for us to win that game, Joe Barry doesn't work here any more, hard to blame just any one thing, but our defense couldn't keep a lead against that Niner offense.

the QB though usually gets the blame
The fact that they didn't hold the lead is one thing but they didn't give a young O any time to pull out the win.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Giants are going to wear some 1925 red unis in their hundredth year.
image.png
image.png (618.25 KiB) Viewed 327 times

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

That looks pretty cool, but then I've long hated the Giants' uni as being bland af, so pretty much any change looks like an improvement to me.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Not a fan of the tan lower with the red and blue upper. I do like the helmet decal better than their simple normal helmet.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I am not a fan of crazy early throwbacks.

I think the Packers 50's throwbacks is as early as I like as it isn't in a completely new world like our uniforms today. Like you can still recognize it's the Packers. The Giants at least have the same colors...but it's still pretty out there with the brown pants
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:
20 May 2024 12:28
I am not a fan of crazy early throwbacks.

I think the Packers 50's throwbacks is as early as I like as it isn't in a completely new world like our uniforms today. Like you can still recognize it's the Packers. The Giants at least have the same colors...but it's still pretty out there with the brown pants
I like the really early throwbacks in general. But not a fan of these NYG ones.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

go pak go wrote:
Like you can still recognize it's the Packers.
I think this is the most important consideration. I don't like any kind of alternate uniforms in general. But what I really cannot stand is when the uni's are so different from the normal uni's that you can't even tell which team is which. This is becoming a problem in baseball.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Papa John wrote:
20 May 2024 17:24
go pak go wrote:
Like you can still recognize it's the Packers.
I think this is the most important consideration. I don't like any kind of alternate uniforms in general. But what I really cannot stand is when the uni's are so different from the normal uni's that you can't even tell which team is which. This is becoming a problem in baseball.
Basketball too.