Rank the Roster 2024: #15

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who are the next two best players on the Packers

Poll ended at 23 May 2024 20:57

AJ Dillon
No votes
Keisean Nixon
8%
Romeo Doubs
16%
Lukas Van Ness
24%
Josh Myers
No votes
Eric Stokes
No votes
Luke Musgrave
28%
TJ Slaton
No votes
Kingsley Enagbare
No votes
Tucker Kraft
4%
Jordan Morgan
No votes
Javon Bullard
No votes
MarShawn Lloyd
4%
Carrington Valentine
8%
Karl Brooks
No votes
Edgerrin Cooper
4%
Rasheed Walker
4%
Sean Rhyan
No votes
Colby Wooden
No votes
Ty'Ron Hopper
No votes

Total votes: 25

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
23 May 2024 17:43
Went with our two top white boy picks from a year ago.
wahaaaaaa, :hide: White boys can't jump was on the other night, first time watching ( about 20 minutes) what I had driven home to me is that, when White guys try and talk like Black guys, it's a really bad look :rotf:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

APB wrote:
23 May 2024 11:43
I can appreciate the point being raised by @TheSkeptic regarding getting these younger players some snaps so they gain experience. We all want these guys to be prepared should they be called upon in the chase for a title.

What I'm not understanding is how that argument translates to value or merit related to this ranking contest right now.

:dunno:
I am basing my opinion not on game 1 in September but on value game 1 of the playoffs in January. You give the snaps to Preston in September and he might be worn out in January, he definitely will not be better in January than he was in September. If, instead, you give those snaps to the 2 new guys then, baring injury, they are going to be substantially better in January as this is the normal progression of 2nd and 3rd yer players who have not gotten a lot of snaps in prior years due to experienced good veterans ahead of them. And yes, if the DC does that, I fully expect both of these 2 young players to be better than a 32 year old over-used Preston in January. The other thing to consider is what happens if Gary is hurt for the playoffs and the 2 young players have been getting 1/3 of the snaps between them until then - neither will be as good as they should have been when the team desperately needs them.

Solution is easy. Start Gary and either LVN or Enagbare in September, depending on which one earns it. Give Preston 10% of the snaps, just enough to keep the rust off because he might be needed in the playoffs because of injury or rotation. Give Gary about 80% of the snaps. That leaves 110% of the snaps (200% total as there are 2 positions) and split them between LVN and Enagbare somewhere close to 50-50, or 55% each.

As to who I think will be the most valuable or important players in January, if this is how they are used, Gary, LVN, Enagbare and Preston in that order, but they all will be valuable and as a side benefit, this might extend Preston's career an extra year.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

How about we just play the better player regardless of their age?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."