Bears Fans

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

Packers v Bears Christmas Day 2005- there were fights galore. Never seen so many fights at a sporting event.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

AmishMafia
Reactions:

Post by AmishMafia »

Papa John wrote:
22 May 2024 11:41
Packers v Bears Christmas Day 2005- there were fights galore. Never seen so many fights at a sporting event.
I was at Packers- bears a few years ago at Lambeau for a night game late in the season. We obliterated them. They scored 2x in the 4th to make it seem closer than it really was.

In the mid 3rd quarter the Bears picked up a first down. A man in all Bears gear stood up about 15 rows in front of us and started some overblown cheering. Turning around to yell to all of us Packer fans, "Wow! Did you see that!! The Bears are awesome!" When he got a few boos, he yelled, "it's the 3rd quarter. I don't care if we are still down 3 scores. I finally have something to cheer about!" We applauded and laughed.

Yes, it probably is a bit related to winning and being in a good mood. I have a great record of only seeing 1 loss at lambeau. That was a preseason game against the Seahawks. Think I saw 2 losses, maybe 3, on the road.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

AmishMafia wrote:
22 May 2024 13:45
Papa John wrote:
I was at Packers- bears a few years ago at Lambeau for a night game late in the season. We obliterated them. They scored 2x in the 4th to make it seem closer than it really was.

In the mid 3rd quarter the Bears picked up a first down. A man in all Bears gear stood up about 15 rows in front of us and started some overblown cheering. Turning around to yell to all of us Packer fans, "Wow! Did you see that!! The Bears are awesome!" When he got a few boos, he yelled, "it's the 3rd quarter. I don't care if we are still down 3 scores. I finally have something to cheer about!" We applauded and laughed.

Yes, it probably is a bit related to winning and being in a good mood. I have a great record of only seeing 1 loss at lambeau. That was a preseason game against the Seahawks. Think I saw 2 losses, maybe 3, on the road.
I think I'm done doing road games. Unless maybe another NFC Championship Game if I can reasonably get there
(I've been to 2 NFCCGs ......... one at Lambeau vs. the Giants :bigcry: and one at 3-COM versus the 49ers :dance: ).

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Papa John wrote:
I've been to every Packer/Bear game at Lambeau for 25 years, it is mostly mild mannered banter. Went to Soldier like 12 years ago, there were Bear fans that came to not watch the game, but just to mess with Packer fans. Dude a couple rows behind us was throwing peanuts at the back of our heads. If it was anywhere else I would have decked him. People screaming horrible things when our player was on the ground injured, etc. It was the worst we have been treated overall at any of my 19 away stadiums (besides in Seattle for the fail mary, they threw food at us as we were walking out). But sadly I expected that with a rival. People get treated so well at Lambeau.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Packfntk wrote:
18 Jun 2024 09:03
People get treated so well at Lambeau.
Yes they do. And they're grateful for it, I hear it every time I go

Of course its easier to be a magnanimous & gracious host when your team is so famous for winning...
... that they actually name the Championship Trophy after your coach :)

IT. IS. TIME

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

448643554_122189290580030214_7705116473508444259_n.jpg
448643554_122189290580030214_7705116473508444259_n.jpg (99.06 KiB) Viewed 50 times