Jordan Morgan, OL, Arizona 2024 1st Round Pick, #25

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Grade

A
28%
B
44%
C
20%
D
4%
F
4%

Total votes: 25

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

yoop is gonna hate it but I really think we are largely just going to groom/redshirt Morgan this year and he will be our backup swing-tackle.

I'm sure he will see the field a bit because he will be a top OL backup, and starting linemen get injured all the time, but I don't see him starting. The most open OL position is RG, which he has never played, would be both a new side and new position.

I don't see Morgan starting full-time until either (A) we let Myers walk and move Tom to C next season, making Morgan our long-term RT; or (B) we let Walker walk in two seasons and Morgan is our long-term LT; or (C) he eventually carves out a role at guard. I feel like his trajectory at G would be a lot like Daryn Colledge in that he would need to transform himself physically to fit the position, so he would probably need a season or two.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
28 Jun 2024 13:20
yoop is gonna hate it but I really think we are largely just going to groom/redshirt Morgan this year and he will be our backup swing-tackle.

I'm sure he will see the field a bit because he will be a top OL backup, and starting linemen get injured all the time, but I don't see him starting. The most open OL position is RG, which he has never played, would be both a new side and new position.

I don't see Morgan starting full-time until either (A) we let Myers walk and move Tom to C next season, making Morgan our long-term RT; or (B) we let Walker walk in two seasons and Morgan is our long-term LT; or (C) he eventually carves out a role at guard. I feel like his trajectory at G would be a lot like Daryn Colledge in that he would need to transform himself physically to fit the position, so he would probably need a season or two.
Morgan is the LT of the future, there is not one thing that Walker does that will be better then Morgan by the end of TC, nothing, not pass pro or run blocking, the main reason Walker may hold that position would be experience.

I think what might hold up the progress of Morgan some is the low wonderlic, slow to learn, we seen that with some of our other first round picks, ever heard of that kid Gary :lol: , high floor out of college can be deceiving, the slow learners take more time to hit there projected high ceiling, it happens, but Morgan will start somewhere this season, just to many positives.

I tend to think eventually it'll be

Morgan, Jenkins, Tom, Ryhan, Walker, we'll see.