Jordan Morgan, OL, Arizona 2024 1st Round Pick, #25

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Grade

A
28%
B
44%
C
20%
D
4%
F
4%

Total votes: 25

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

NCF wrote:
31 Jul 2024 18:30
Pckfn23 wrote:
31 Jul 2024 15:58
NCF wrote:
31 Jul 2024 15:27

I think that is where I am not excited. If you want an OG, draft one. If you need an OT, take one of those. These tweener types can be super valuable, but in the 1st-round, it kind of seems like taking Datone Jones and then not knowing what to do with him. If Fautanu would have fell to us, I would have been fine with it. Pencil him in at RG for the next decade.
A LOT of successful GB guards were tackles in college.
I am well aware of that. I think the best ones there was a plan for and these guys were not taken high in The Draft. Josh Sitton was NEVER viewed as an NFL OT. TJ Lang, less of a plan, but low cost investment. Derek Sherrod was clearly an OT even though he got some reps at OG, as well, as a rookie. Bulaga is probably the best comparison to Morgan and that worked out well at OT. Morgan does not seem to be projecting the same way, at least early.
If I remember right Lang was one of those guys almost totally overlooked by the drafting/scouting process. We knew of him because of how well he fit the GB mold while being a total unknown (GB showed interest in him at the Shrine game I believe), he showed up in sleeper articles late, but otherwise almost noone heard of him. Small school with little in the way of scouting process invites.