Detroit Lions @ Green Bay Packers GDT - 9/20 - 12:00 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

:lol: :rotf:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Pugger wrote:
18 Sep 2020 07:32
I hate it when things like this are pointed out.
hmmmm
You might want to add me to your "foe / ignore" list because I love posting positive stats/streaks about the Green Bay Packers.

* QB Aaron Rodgers has led Green Bay to eight wins in 10 starts at home against Detroit, throwing 19 touchdowns with just four interceptions and a passer rating of 106.8 in those games.

* Dating back to 2002 when the NFC North was formed, the Packers are the only team to go undefeated in the division in a single regular season (2019, 2011)

* For the first time in franchise history, the Packers scored 40-plus points (43), totaled 500-plus yards (522), registered 30-plus first downs (31) and had no turnovers in a game.

* Dating back to 2018, the Packers are 12-3-1 at home during the regular season, a .781 winning percentage that is No. 3 in the NFL over that span. Green Bay’s three losses are tied for the second fewest at home in the NFL since 2018.
IT. IS. TIME

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

YoHoChecko wrote:
18 Sep 2020 09:10
Ya know, with the Vikings, then the banged up Lions... plus the Falcons in week 4; we basically only play one NFL secondary before the week 5 bye.
Luck of the draw. Just have to be ready to take advantage.
Go Pack Go!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Cdragon wrote:
18 Sep 2020 12:05
YoHoChecko wrote:
18 Sep 2020 09:10
Ya know, with the Vikings, then the banged up Lions... plus the Falcons in week 4; we basically only play one NFL secondary before the week 5 bye.
Luck of the draw. Just have to be ready to take advantage.
Go Pack Go!
No one will remember that when we clinch home field advantage. 8-)

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
18 Sep 2020 13:20
Expected. The front seven is going to need to rally in this one. I’m willing to bet the Lions are going to run the ball early and often. If they’re ahead of schedule the majority of the game I think the Packers struggle to win.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
I kind of wish we knew the severity of this. Like if he has a shot vs. New Orleans or not.

I'm guessing if he is a no-go vs. NO....then we probably see him after the bye.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BSA wrote:
18 Sep 2020 11:00
Pugger wrote:
18 Sep 2020 07:32
I hate it when things like this are pointed out.
hmmmm
You might want to add me to your "foe / ignore" list because I love posting positive stats/streaks about the Green Bay Packers.

* QB Aaron Rodgers has led Green Bay to eight wins in 10 starts at home against Detroit, throwing 19 touchdowns with just four interceptions and a passer rating of 106.8 in those games.

* Dating back to 2002 when the NFC North was formed, the Packers are the only team to go undefeated in the division in a single regular season (2019, 2011)

* For the first time in franchise history, the Packers scored 40-plus points (43), totaled 500-plus yards (522), registered 30-plus first downs (31) and had no turnovers in a game.

* Dating back to 2018, the Packers are 12-3-1 at home during the regular season, a .781 winning percentage that is No. 3 in the NFL over that span. Green Bay’s three losses are tied for the second fewest at home in the NFL since 2018.
I was half joking about jinxing us! :lol:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BSA wrote:
18 Sep 2020 14:57
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

image.png
image.png (104.69 KiB) Viewed 732 times
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

image.png
image.png (43.96 KiB) Viewed 731 times
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
18 Sep 2020 14:04
NCF wrote:
I kind of wish we knew the severity of this. Like if he has a shot vs. New Orleans or not.

That doesn't logically make sense because we could then just put him on IR.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Sep 2020 19:32
go pak go wrote:
NCF wrote:

I mean a lot of things don't make logical sense. Lane Taylor isn't yet on IR. That don't make logical sense. But it's not like my statement is ridiculous either.

He was a non participant all week. If he is a non participant next week....I'd be really surprised if he is a go for the Falcons. You just don't want to return these big boys who rely on being able to move back too quickly.

Kenny Clark does not seem like a guy who is close to returning.

Now I remember when I said that games in 2018 and then he came back the next series. So I could be wrong.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I just really hope we see Montravious on Sunday. And I really hope he balls out.
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

No Dahl, not Trufant, no Golladay. I'm good with this, even without Kenny. Need guys like Lowry and Lancaster to really step it up. And this game might be more the Sternberger type than Deguara anyway. Will be interesting to see what he could do with potentially more snaps and more targets going to TEs.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
18 Sep 2020 20:32
Pckfn23 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I mean a lot of things don't make logical sense. Lane Taylor isn't yet on IR. That don't make logical sense. But it's not like my statement is ridiculous either.

He was a non participant all week. If he is a non participant next week....I'd be really surprised if he is a go for the Falcons. You just don't want to return these big boys who rely on being able to move back too quickly.

Now I remember when I said that games in 2018 and then he came back the next series. So I could be wrong.
I will give you the Taylor " thing." Not sure why he isn't on IR. However, if Clark is going to be out 3 weeks there is zero reason not to IR him, especially given our shallow depth there.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Sep 2020 23:28
go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

I will give you the Taylor " thing." Not sure why he isn't on IR. However, if Clark is going to be out 3 weeks there is zero reason not to IR him, especially given our shallow depth there.
It could very well be he is not showing any significant structural damage to tissue and they are hopeful he will return sooner rather than later. With the expanded PS it gives them leverage to hold out hope he may return early without being a significant roster hindrance if, in fact, he doesn’t.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Sep 2020 23:28
go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Yeah I just don't think they really care about that at the moment. If you IR someone for short term and bring someone on the active roster to take their place....that means you gotta pay em quite a bit of money if you release em.

Which is why some people like Ken Ingalls thinks the Packers are doing the Practice Squad loophole where they can activate em for Sunday and then Psquad em again and not have to pay them if they are on the team for only 1 - 3 weeks.

Not bring back old tweets....but there may be something to this:

Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Good point about the money.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

go pak go wrote:
18 Sep 2020 20:33
I just really hope we see Montravious on Sunday. And I really hope he balls out.
Feel like I've been saying this for three years. It's like he's a rookie every offseason and I'm waiting to see what he brings week 1.

Really hoping Adams, Lancaster, and KeKe kill it Sunday.
RIP JustJeff