Jordan Love's Status

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
19 Sep 2024 21:06
Honestly I think our punter needs game snaps at QB in case we need an emergency 4th string QB. All for Whelan throwing passes this week say “I.”
When you’ve got a weapon like Whalen, you don’t take the ball off his foot. Let’s give those reps to Narveson

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Sep 2024 08:53
lupedafiasco wrote:
19 Sep 2024 21:06
Honestly I think our punter needs game snaps at QB in case we need an emergency 4th string QB. All for Whelan throwing passes this week say “I.”
When you’ve got a weapon like Whalen, you don’t take the ball off his foot. Let’s give those reps to Narveson
Going to need him later on in the season! Needs that experience.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wow, to expect a QB to stay healthy all year goes against everything we/I know, the list is endless of QB's who lose parts or all of games through the year, so for anyone here to laugh at me doesn't make sense, I would bet that Love misses time this year above what he's already lost, and I for one would like to win the games or time in games he can't play.

this idea that if the starter goes down the season is over, isn't accurate, we've seen backups win freaking SB's for crip sacks, and every year we see them win games.

lets hope Love never misses a snap, I'am just trying to be realistic about it, and more seasoning for Willis could provide a win, wow, how that is lost here is mind boggling

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

You just completely moved the goalpost.

You were advocating for starting a backup over a starter who is cleared to play, just to give that backup experience. THAT is what people are against.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Sep 2024 09:35

You were advocating for starting a backup over a starter who is cleared to play, just to give that backup experience. THAT is what people are against.
no way, I said what I said long before he was cleared to play, before he practiced, and I still would like to get Willis more snaps, your moving the goal post here.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
20 Sep 2024 09:47
Pckfn23 wrote:

no way, I said what I said long before he was cleared to play, before he practiced, and I still would like to get Willis more snaps, your moving the goal post here.
lol.

You just confirmed what pckfn23 said.

Honestly I am pleasantly surprised. Only missing one game is incredible. It does seem like the medical world is getting better with these MCL issues. Just seemed like it was 3 - 6 weeks boiler plate injury 20 years ago.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Thank you for confirming that you want Willis to play over a cleared Love just to get him more experience.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Sep 2024 10:16
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Thank you for confirming that you want Willis to play over a cleared Love just to get him more experience.
the confirmation is that once Love was on the field practicing, I new he was medically cleared, and said he should play. with the cavet that if the knee was of any risk he shouldn't, your the guy twisting my comments, which is expected, word salad is your specialty.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
20 Sep 2024 10:15
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

lol.

You just confirmed what pckfn23 said.

Honestly I am pleasantly surprised. Only missing one game is incredible. It does seem like the medical world is getting better with these MCL issues. Just seemed like it was 3 - 6 weeks boiler plate injury 20 years ago.

I didn't confirm anything.

MRI might have improved, with Love nothing was done, personally I think teams are less cautious as years past, just look at the demand here for Love to play, thats how it is all over the league, 10 years ago and Love would be out 3 weeks

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
20 Sep 2024 11:51
just look at the demand here for Love to play,
Didn't exist. There was no demand for Love to play on this forum. You were already called out once for that misconception. People said if he was cleared he should play.
Yoop wrote:
20 Sep 2024 11:47
Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Sep 2024 10:16
Yoop wrote:

the confirmation is that once Love was on the field practicing, I new he was medically cleared, and said he should play. with the cavet that if the knee was of any risk he shouldn't, your the guy twisting my comments, which is expected, word salad is your specialty.
No "word" salad needed. You literally advocated for Willis to play over a cleared Love:
Yoop wrote:
18 Sep 2024 11:34
Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Sep 2024 11:22
Start a backup QB even if the starting QB is healthy to get the backup some experience to call upon if needed in the future does not sound like a recipe for success.
what kind of strategy is it to put all eggs in one basket, seriously a coach has to plan for all expectations/variables.

there is no better time to give Willis more experience, wouldn't hurt Love a bit to sit another game either.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

The only demand is that our $220M QB isn’t on the bench if he is deemed healthy enough to play effectively. This isn’t hard.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
20 Sep 2024 12:00
The only demand is that our $220M QB isn’t on the bench if he is deemed healthy enough to play effectively. This isn’t hard.
no it isn't, neither is playing Willis when Loves knee isn't 100%.

everything I said makes sense, everything, a season has a possibility of 20 games, why would it be a bad idea to get Willis more experience, more chemistry with run blocking,

I can't believe some of the attitudes about this, it's like arguing with grade school kids :thwap:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Sep 2024 11:58
No "word" salad needed. You literally advocated for Willis to play over a cleared Love:
Yoop wrote: ↑18 Sep 2024 12:34
Pckfn23 wrote: ↑18 Sep 2024 12:22
Start a backup QB even if the starting QB is healthy to get the backup some experience to call upon if needed in the future does not sound like a recipe for success.
what kind of strategy is it to put all eggs in one basket, seriously a coach has to plan for all expectations/variables.

there is no better time to give Willis more experience, wouldn't hurt Love a bit to sit another game either.
Love was not cleared when I posted this, and it was before I new he was practicing.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
20 Sep 2024 12:37
Pckfn23 wrote:

Love was not cleared when I posted this, and it was before I new he was practicing.
That is irrelevant. "You literally advocated for Willis to play over a cleared Love."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

This reminds me of what it’s like when my friends bring their children to events and they argue the “Not uh” and “yuh huh” back and forth for hours and reminds me how much I $%@# hate children.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Sep 2024 12:39
Yoop wrote:
20 Sep 2024 12:37
Pckfn23 wrote:

That is irrelevant. "You literally advocated for Willis to play over a cleared Love."
no, I did not, simply that it wouldn't bother me if he did, once he practiced Wednesday and seemed fine on it, then I said he should play.

now this argument is messed up, and you made it that way, even your HS team would hope to have a more experienced back up QB then we have with Willis.

go ahead and have your LAST word, I'am done.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Sep 2024 12:44
This reminds me of what it’s like when my friends bring their children to events and they argue the “Not uh” and “yuh huh” back and forth for hours and reminds me how much I $%@# hate children.

didn't stop you from throwing in a stupid remark though did it?

Honestly I think our punter needs game snaps at QB in case we need an emergency 4th string QB. All for Whelan throwing passes this week.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
20 Sep 2024 12:55
lupedafiasco wrote:

…Not uhhhh.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

image.png
image.png (1.36 MiB) Viewed 83 times

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Sep 2024 12:59
Yoop wrote:
20 Sep 2024 12:55
lupedafiasco wrote:

…Not uhhhh.
:lol: :rotf: :lol:

The perfect response...