Green Bay Packers' News - 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

salmar80 wrote:
26 Sep 2024 14:04
Yoop wrote:
26 Sep 2024 12:24
the only OL player set was the center, easy to see why PFF didn't give him the sack
Yeah, I agree.

Since there was no penalty, it officially counts as a sack. No doubt about it.

But there's no official stat about "sacks given up by". Any attempt to create such a "stat" leads to an unavoidably very subjective process, since it can be very hard to tell who is to blame on a given play, especially without knowing the protection call etc.

Would I assign blame and give a negative grade to the LT on that play? No. Not his fault.

Either the refs messed up and didn't penalize Wyatt for neutral zone infraction (difficult to say without seeing the sideline view) OR the center messed up by snapping it early, trying to catch Wyatt for the penalty. In either case, not Lane's fault.

There are other instances where the result of the play and a grade for a player on that play may conflict. For example, in the last game Malik Willis threw a risky deep out that shoulda been intercepted, but the corner took a horrific angle and fell, resulting in a big 3rd down conversion. In fact, the corner messed up so bad, it looked like a safe throw. Despite the great result, I'd give Malik a minus grade on that play for throwing a should-be-intercepted ball. Can't expect for the next corner to also screw up.
PFF doesn’t like GB players…

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

PFF has been suspect in their grading since they required grades to come out before the All-22 even comes out. An increase in the speed of releasing grades and has led to a decrease in accurate grades. Use them, but take them with a grain of salt.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
26 Sep 2024 15:29
PFF has been suspect in their grading since they required grades to come out before the All-22 even comes out. An increase in the speed of releasing grades and has led to a decrease in accurate grades. Use them, but take them with a grain of salt.
Yeah, this is 100% correct. Audience's yearning for insta-grades has tanked their credibility. I kinda get it, since they are making the monies for entertainment masquerading as educated opinion in the vein of instant draft grades. But what I don't understand is why they don't have a separate "Upon Further Review" or "All-22 Grades" show on like Wed or Thu. I'd check that, not the insta-grades.

I also wish Andy Herman would do a video where he grades a play or two based on all-22, just to show us the process...

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

LaFleur has figured out a brilliant habit of holding his mid-week pressers just before the injury report comes out, so he can quickly swipe aside any questions about injuries. I can't remember whether MM did this.

Every day Love isn't cleared is another day of Minny prepping for 2 systems. :clap:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Josh Jacobs fined 45,000 US dollars for playing RB.

Someone tell me how this was fine-worthy for Jacobs?!?!

I know lowering helmet to initiate contact is a no-no, but it's kinda difficult to lower pad level to drive for extra yards without head coming along with it. There was no helmet-to-helmet hit at all, zero risk to the defender. Had he gone in upright, helmets probably woulda banged together. I guess in ideal case he coulda surged forward a bit to the side of the defender, but that woulda required inhuman aim, since the defender was trying to get in front of him. What the hell is he supposed to do, go intentionally too high and get blown up?

Fine is so high apparently because he was fined for this multiple times as a Raider.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

But, but, but, that is exactly how I want Jacobs to run the ball. Establish momentum, initiate contact, make the tackler pay while driving him back. Job well done by Jacobs!
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!