Who will be our #1 WR

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who will lead our team in receiving yards in 2024

Romeo Doubs
14%
Christian Watson
41%
Jayden Reed
32%
Dontayvion Wicks
14%

Total votes: 22

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Reed, and Watson if he can stay healthy will be here when hell fires smolder, the rest who knows.

imho these two have exceptional gifts of athletic ability, with Watson it's obviously speed and size, with Reed it's quicks and run after catch.

will be interesting to watch all of these guys mature.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
26 Sep 2024 23:08
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
26 Sep 2024 20:57
APB wrote:
26 Sep 2024 09:55
I don't see any "problem" with the WR corps whatsoever. They all bring certain talents and qualities that can be taken advantage of on any given play. They all have overlapping foundational talents, too, like blocking and low drop rates.

Having no clear cut, go to receiver is not a "problem" in my mind at all. It's scheme proof from an opponent perspective. Take away short area quickness Reed? Fine, we'll go to Wicks. Take away Doubs on 3rd down? Fine, we'll go Reed or Watson. Press at the line to disrupt the quick passing game? Fine, we'll hit Melton or Watson streaking up the sideline or down the seam. The matchup headaches these guys collectively present are endless.

This WR corps just offers so many options. The fact no one player is relied upon to carry the offense is an advantage, not a problem.

Now, @Yoop, if you wanna talk about individual attributes each brings to the table, that's something else entirely.
In the context of the Packers offense, "interesting problem" should be self-explanatory....not require further discussion.
I suppose I may need to copy/paste some dictionary definitions with you, too… :roll:
Not with me. See if Salmar wants to tackle that interesting problem. :rotf:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
I suppose I may need to copy/paste some dictionary definitions with you, too…
which dictionary? Daniels or the football version? :rotf:

seriously, as God is my witness, I thought this was funny :rotf: is everyone in this forum sitting on a corn cob :rotf: :rotf:

it shouldn't be up to just Ringo and I to add light hearted humor to this room, for goodness sakes :lol:

pre game Fridays use to be our busiest days, come on gang :aok:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
27 Sep 2024 08:20
APB wrote:
I suppose I may need to copy/paste some dictionary definitions with you, too…
which dictionary? Daniels or the football version? :rotf:

seriously, as God is my witness, I thought this was funny :rotf: is everyone in this forum sitting on a corn cob :rotf: :rotf:

it shouldn't be up to just Ringo and I to add light hearted humor to this room, for goodness sakes :lol:

pre game Fridays use to be our busiest days, come on gang :aok:
From Merriam-Webster --> PROBLEM

1 a: a question raised for inquiry, consideration, or solution
1 b: a proposition in mathematics or physics stating something to be done
2 a: an intricate unsettled question
2 b: a source of perplexity, distress, or vexation
2 c: difficulty in understanding or accepting

--> PRISSY
prissy
adjective
pris·​sy ˈpri-sē
prissier; prissiest