Detroit Lions @ Green Bay Packers GDT - 9/20 - 12:00 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

NCF wrote:
20 Sep 2020 18:36
Cobb had a 170 all purpose yard his first game with us.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
20 Sep 2020 19:00
salmar80 wrote:
20 Sep 2020 15:39
LaFleur pulled off a completely different game plan and calls compared with the MIN game, and it worked.

Even with some injured OL, TEs making mistakes and WRs dropping some.
It's really cool. And was why I was surprised about all the b*tching with the lack of WR pickup in the draft. Like this ain't MM's system no more.

I didn't even care when Adams was on the sideline. We just get everyone involved.

Big game for us coming up though. We have three huge road games and it would be great to get 2 of em. We really miss Kenny Clark.

BUT. I will say and give credit to Montravious Adams. He didn't play much (played a bit more when Lancaster went down). But there was a series where was really, really good. Had a great solo stop for no gain and even on that moronic brain fart by our defense where AP fake our defense going left and he had a wide open hole to the right....I actually though Montravious Adams set his edge very well for being the D Tackle.
about 6 drops again, no blem against a offense that couldn't mount a attack if given a F-35 bomber group, against a offensive proficient group it could pose a problem, MVS drops as many as he catches however thats still a improvement over his prior play, and his speed demands over the top support.

Sternberger has been a disappointment, terrible hands, he has the ability to be at the pitch point, but drops the ball.

Jones can do it all, guys that can do that make a lot of money, in todays market he's a two digit player, it he keeps this up Rodgers will have to give him some of his money to keep him aboard.

the coverage has been carrying the pass rush more now, and that impresses me because I know the pass rush will start to come around, specially when Clark returns.

imho the only teams that stand a chance against us will have to have a super defense, we ground up both the vikes and the Lions, both teams looked demoralized as they dejectedly departed the field knowing full well only a slow start in both games kept the score at a manageable figure, heck we could have easily run up a 50 burger on either team :idn:

I think I'll raise my season prediction from 11-5 to 13-3 now, we look even better then I figured.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
20 Sep 2020 18:56
Pugger wrote:
20 Sep 2020 17:50
NCF wrote:
20 Sep 2020 16:46

Yes, RG.
:lol: I'm having a brain fart - who is RG?
Right guard. No player specifically. That position is musical chairs and it it concerning against teams with good DTs.

Patrick was a contributor of taking points off the board today.
Oh! Isn't that RG Wagner who played at Wisconsin?

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Great game today. The trend really seems to be the offense is dominant and can move the ball and the defense struggles until they get a penalty in their favor or force a big turnover and take a massive lead. I think the Saints wont make the same mistakes. Theyre going to force us to tackle in space and defend the run. For whatever reason the Lions and Vikings both just stopped running.

I know its a meme at this point but this is the first real test for this team and we cannot lose this one. We do not want a playoff game in NO. We have the advantage of a longer week of rest. IT is imperative we keep this omentum up.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Sep 2020 22:12
I know its a meme at this point but this is the first real test for this team and we cannot lose this one. We do not want a playoff game in NO. We have the advantage of a longer week of rest. IT is imperative we keep this omentum up.
Yes we can. I mean, it's week 3 and we're 2-0. The notion that we have any sort of "must-win" scenario is silly.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Sep 2020 22:24
lupedafiasco wrote:
Yes we can. I mean, it's week 3 and we're 2-0. The notion that we have any sort of "must-win" scenario is silly.
People said the same thing when we lost to Seattle week one in 2014 and the 49ers last season and ultimately it cost us home field advantage and the top seed. This is just win.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Nothing to complain about so far, but also no reason to take vacation for January. I remember the Cowboys being spot-on early in 2008, just to deteriorate later. But my main hope is #12. He looks rejuvenated. Maybe he was more hurt the last two seasons than we thought?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Sep 2020 23:07
YoHoChecko wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
People said the same thing when we lost to Seattle week one in 2014 and the 49ers last season and ultimately it cost us home field advantage and the top seed. This is just win.
I will agree that it is appearing the NFC West and South are the divisions to beat again. The three games we play that are likely the toughest opponent outside our division are all on the road in NO's, TB, and SF.

I think if we want our team to be where they want to be....it would be great to get 2 of em but we can't lose all 3. Of coarse who knows what will happen to SF after today for them. LA and AZ and SEA look really good right now.

This week is a big one for sure. This week it ain't about winning pretty. It's about winning.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
20 Sep 2020 21:13

about 6 drops again, no blem against a offense that couldn't mount a attack if given a F-35 bomber group, against a offensive proficient group it could pose a problem, MVS drops as many as he catches however thats still a improvement over his prior play, and his speed demands over the top support.

Yeah I was thinking about that today. What were all the drops?

MVS - I give maaaaybe 1? The Touchdown catch? Though I would say that was also on Rodgers. It looked a bit high but MVS probably also jumped a titch too early.

Sternberger had 2 though one was negated by penalty

Bobby Tonyan had 1

I am thinking we had 2 to 3 drops. What other ones am I missing?

This was definitely a drop in play from Rodgers this week. A few throws he'd like to have back.

3 of them were to MVS. The one he threw too far to split the cover two which put MVS in a bad spot and got smoked in the helmet. The 2nd one was just a touch too close to out of bounce where MVS couldn't get both feet in and the 3rd was a slight overthrow in the endzone.

The other one was to Lazard in the endzone. That was probably Rodgers's worst throw this season. It should have been an easy TD.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

pack power
Reactions:

Post by pack power »

Great game as every game we win is great. Lions made some mistakes like)( 2) 15 yard penalties back to back that helped. But we found a way to win even with some dropped passes that could or should have been caught.
Now another big game next Sunday that we must win--I count every gsme as a must win as I am sure LaFluer and players also do.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Outside of the first quarter+, that was fun. Nice to see Lafluer and his staff can get his guys motivated. They looked dead to start that game and then turned it on big time. Team is balanced and someone new stepping up each week so far. Looking forward to helping Brees wish he had retired last year.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

[mention]NCF[/mention] Rich Gannon vs. Elvis Grbac is such a moment in time that I had completely forgotten about :lol:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Sep 2020 23:07
YoHoChecko wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
I mean, no; I hear you. If you consider the 1-seed a "must=achieve" then the Saints game becomes close to a "must-win," but I'm just saying that in any season but especially this season, the team we are right now is not quite the team we'll be in January and I'm expecting to watch more of a journey than a freight train.

Obviously, I WANT to watch us be a freight train, but I don't NEED us to be, and neither does the team.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
21 Sep 2020 06:23

MVS - I give maaaaybe 1? The Touchdown catch? Though I would say that was also on Rodgers. It looked a bit high but MVS probably also jumped a titch too early.

Bobby Tonyan had 1

I think depending on how you count "drops" we had anywhere from 3-6. One to Lazard and one to MVS might be counted as drops and might be counted as inaccurate throws and it just depends where you draw that line.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Bobby Tonyan had 1

This was definitely a drop in play from Rodgers this week. A few throws he'd like to have back.

3 of them were to MVS. The one he threw too far to split the cover two which put MVS in a bad spot and got smoked in the helmet. The 2nd one was just a touch too close to out of bounce where MVS couldn't get both feet in and the 3rd was a slight overthrow in the endzone.

The other one was to Lazard in the endzone. That was probably Rodgers's worst throw this season. It should have been an easy TD.
your making excuses for the receivers

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
21 Sep 2020 09:12
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Bobby Tonyan had 1

your making excuses for the receivers
What excuses?

What did I write that deserves that comment?
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
21 Sep 2020 09:40
What excuses?

What did I write that deserves that comment?
I think the thought is that there were some catchable balls that other people may count as drops but that you aren't counting as drops. Hence, you are putting blame for those incompletions on factors other than receivers that others may attribute to those WRs. Thus, "making excuses for." Nothing personal, but an acknowledgement that people draw the line of "catchable" in different places.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
21 Sep 2020 08:48
Outside of the first quarter+, that was fun. Nice to see Lafluer and his staff can get his guys motivated. They looked dead to start that game and then turned it on big time. Team is balanced and someone new stepping up each week so far. Looking forward to helping Brees wish he had retired last year.
:lol: :lol: