Aaron Freaking Rodgers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BSA wrote:
17 Sep 2020 11:41
Can't find the Seattle one you mentioned
I remember it now. Called back by penalty.

https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017/9/ ... -jones-nfl

Read More. Post Less.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

NCF wrote:
17 Sep 2020 12:14
Called back by penalty.
thx for digging that one out.
Now I remember... and there was a there was fair amount of controversy on the penalty vs D. Adams too
IT. IS. TIME

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Every time anyone brings up Seattle and penalties, I only think of the infamous replacement ref call with Tate pushing a defender down... and then getting the "touchdown" call too.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheGreenMan wrote:
17 Sep 2020 12:59
Every time anyone brings up Seattle and penalties, I only think of the infamous replacement ref call with Tate pushing a defender down... and then getting the "touchdown" call too.
Yeah. There were plenty in the NFCCG too including an Interception I believe Richard Sherman got on a clear offsides by the Hawks.

It will take a lot of equity loss for the Hawk and Packers to be even in that category based on what Seattle got away with from Sept. 2012 to January 2015.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I'm still holding out hope AR has a season with zero INTs that are his fault (not counting DL tipping balls nor receivers messing up throws they had a chance to catch).

Rodgers is the only QB in history who would have even a small chance at this.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
17 Sep 2020 13:19
TheGreenMan wrote:
17 Sep 2020 12:59
Yeah. There were plenty in the NFCCG too including an Interception I believe Richard Sherman got on a clear offsides by the Hawks.

It will take a lot of equity loss for the Hawk and Packers to be even in that category based on what Seattle got away with from Sept. 2012 to January 2015.
Yup people always forget that one when they mention that conference game meltdown. Michael Bennett clearly jumped offsides and Rodgers threw up what should have been a free play to Adams.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Today's Pat Mcafee show with Aaron was great. Don't miss it.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Starts about 2:07:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnISPmdQPik

Video doesn't seem to embed correctly.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
22 Sep 2020 13:53

Not sure when he ditched Olivia, but I think his play took off, again. Danica holding him down (figuratively... and maybe literally), as well?

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
Okay these shows are making me Rodgers fans again.

Aaron is funny. Aaron is relaxed. Just such a different person than what we see in football media. I love this. I will watch the rest tomorrow morning.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

go pak go wrote:
22 Sep 2020 16:37
paco wrote:
Okay these shows are making me Rodgers fans again.

Aaron is funny. Aaron is relaxed. Just such a different person than what we see in football media. I love this. I will watch the rest tomorrow morning.
Oh my gosh watched all of it.

I am re-falling in love with Aaron Rodgers.

Oh and we are winning the Super Bowl this year guys.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

He's our HERO, if only he could have forced Mike out a year or so sooner, we could have been doing this stuff a lot longer :hide:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
22 Sep 2020 20:47
He's our HERO, if only he could have forced Mike out a year or so sooner, we could have been doing this stuff a lot longer :hide:
Did you watch the video?

Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
23 Sep 2020 05:55
Yoop wrote:
22 Sep 2020 20:47
Did you watch the video?

just a bunch of camera talk, it's normal for all young men to come to a personal evaluation at some point, I don't think it says anything really about his ability to play the game past or present, again I believe Lafluers scheme changes are exactly what Rodgers has been wanting for a while, in fact I think a bunch of other players on the team wanted these changes as well, I think the way the whole team is playing shows the excitement and faith the whole team has that Lafluers plans can take them to the promised land, who wouldn't be a bit giddy, open, and honest when you know if you do everything to the best of your ability these dreams can be realized, that was my impression, and has been since the start of the season, heck even before that.

our world now seems to revolve around one conspiracy after another, we support supposition over the simpleness of reality, after all reality is often boring and doesn't require very much investigation, and wont sell ink, all this talk of drafting Love to insult and jump start Rodgers is just that, propaganda, the guy has been pissed off for a couple years, so obvious, yet people jump to all kinds of conclusions minus any real merit or truth, the guy has literly asked for some of what we are doing now since 017.

lately there have been a few articles describing route timing, progression reading points within the routes, and so on, stuff I've tried to describe for the reason why we see receivers open and AR not throwing them the ball, no one can read the routes of every receiver at the same time

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
23 Sep 2020 07:46
our world now seems to revolve around one conspiracy after another, we support supposition over the simpleness of reality, after all reality is often boring and doesn't require very much investigation, and wont sell ink, all this talk of drafting Love to insult and jump start Rodgers is just that, propaganda, the guy has been pissed off for a couple years, so obvious, yet people jump to all kinds of conclusions minus any real merit or truth, the guy has literly asked for some of what we are doing now since 017.
This response from you is hilarious. You speak of conspiracy and denial of reality...all while ignoring what Rodgers himself is saying out loud for all to hear because you have your own narrative you refuse to let go of.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Did Rodgers say, "It's all about love"?... OR did he say "It's all about Love"??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:

just a bunch of camera talk, it's normal for all young men to come to a personal evaluation at some point, I don't think it says anything really about his ability to play the game past or present, again I believe Lafluers scheme changes are exactly what Rodgers has been wanting for a while, in fact I think a bunch of other players on the team wanted these changes as well, I think the way the whole team is playing shows the excitement and faith the whole team has that Lafluers plans can take them to the promised land, who wouldn't be a bit giddy, open, and honest when you know if you do everything to the best of your ability these dreams can be realized, that was my impression, and has been since the start of the season, heck even before that.

lately there have been a few articles describing route timing, progression reading points within the routes, and so on, stuff I've tried to describe for the reason why we see receivers open and AR not throwing them the ball, no one can read the routes of every receiver at the same time
Answer I was expecting: "I did watch it. That was fun! I love our quarterback. He seems to be in such a good place right now. "

But I'll take your answer instead I guess. :lol:
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
23 Sep 2020 08:04
Yoop wrote:
This response from you is hilarious. You speak of conspiracy and denial of reality...all while ignoring what Rodgers himself is saying out loud for all to hear because you have your own narrative you refuse to let go of.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
exactly the type insult I expected from you, par for the course

why would I ever let go of something I strongly believe in because of peer pressure.
Last edited by Yoop on 23 Sep 2020 09:09, edited 1 time in total.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

people/ players get bored and become complacent when nothing changes, sure they give there best, however is it really there best, we've watched the struggles not just with Rodgers but others on the team as well, now we see improvements pretty much across the team as a whole, and not just Rodgers, people use tunnel vision, how the teams does is reflected to how the QB does.

I watched the video, I've probably watched a 1000 videos, I didn't garner anything special from this one, oh well. I take that back, Rodgers never loved anything before this last off season, what a joke.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

hadn't read this, but it sounds like some of the stuff I've been saying.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/packers-ea ... 35498.html

Through two weeks of football, the Green Bay Packers’ offense looks super.

The Packers finished Week 2 ranked No. 1 in DVOA, points and yards. While it’s too early to say this will be standard operating procedure for the Packers, a few clues into “how” this team has produced so much offense so early may suggest this 2020 offensive unit will be a prolific one.

So what, exactly, is different? How are they scoring so many points? The answer, at least from this viewer’s eyes, is that the Packers have bought and matured into Matt LaFleur’s offensive system, especially No. 12.

Let’s start with the system. “Illusion of complexity” was the chorus LaFleur repeated last season when asked to explain his offensive system. Yet, 2019’s offense looked more like a Mike McCarthy-Aaron Rodgers-Matt LaFleur Frankenstein that, despite its efforts to appease all stakeholders, never came together into the coherent whole we’re seeing now. Last season’s Packers could operate smoothly in flashes, but they’d peetered out after a quarter or half. Rarely did they sustain production for an entire game.

This year, the Packers have grown into their once-awkward feet and out of their braces, developing into a fully matured offense capable of threatening defenses in multiple ways. We can now see the aesthetic quality of LaFleur’s illusion of complexity. The Packers operate through ambiguous personnel groupings and constant pre-snap motion. Any one player may be playing mutliple positions. Plays and concepts are built upon each other. The end result is an offense that challenges defenses all over the field: in the trenches, along the boundary, and deep down the field. Not only that, but the players –the same ones many had written off just a few months ago – are nailing down the essential details to make the offense hum to its desired tune.