Green Bay Packers @ New Orleans Saints GDT - 9/27 - 7:20 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who you got?

Packers put up 40+ again
35%
Brees can't throw 40+ anymore
32%
MVS with two catches of 40+ yards
11%
We hold Kamara to under 40+ yards
No votes
Rodgers is still our QB at 40+ years old
22%

Total votes: 37

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Sep 2020 11:04
Looking forward to the talking heads discussing how long the Packers can keep their 40-point game streak going after this week :mrgreen:
Watch the script flip on a dime to "How can Rodgers feed all these mouths on offense?"

:lol:

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

(also, just to clarify since I've been almost boastfully confident for the first two weeks... I have no idea how this game is going to go. I'd put it at 60/40 Packers win? 55/45? I could see a lot of different scenarios play out)

But I do think our offense is good and that it will be a high-scoring game generally, so I'm hoping we go for another 40

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Sep 2020 11:13
(also, just to clarify since I've been almost boastfully confident for the first two weeks... I have no idea how this game is going to go. I'd put it at 60/40 Packers win? 55/45? I could see a lot of different scenarios play out)

But I do think our offense is good and that it will be a high-scoring game generally, so I'm hoping we go for another 40
Were gonna beat the dog &%$@ outta these bum bums. Al Rodgers is gone. The God has returned.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Rob Demovsky wrote: Third straight no-go day for Davante Adams (hamstring) and no sign of LG Elgton Jenkins (who wasn't on yesterday's injury report). We'll see what Matt LaFleur says after practice about their status for Sunday night at New Orleans. TE Josiah Deguara (ankle) also was out. P JK Scott returned after a personal day Thursday.
Jenkins is a concern; hope there's nothing to that. Nothing else unexpected. Good news on Clark; Adams was probably never going to practice this week whether he plays or not. We'll see how he's listed, Questionable or Doubtful. I don't think he needs to practice to play, and I do think that keeping him off his legs to rest up all week is the right way to go.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Sep 2020 12:11
Rob Demovsky wrote: Third straight no-go day for Davante Adams (hamstring) and no sign of LG Elgton Jenkins (who wasn't on yesterday's injury report). We'll see what Matt LaFleur says after practice about their status for Sunday night at New Orleans. TE Josiah Deguara (ankle) also was out. P JK Scott returned after a personal day Thursday.
Jenkins is a concern; hope there's nothing to that. Nothing else unexpected. Good news on Clark; Adams was probably never going to practice this week whether he plays or not. We'll see how he's listed, Questionable or Doubtful. I don't think he needs to practice to play, and I do think that keeping him off his legs to rest up all week is the right way to go.
Jenkins news is a bit spooky in the times of the covid
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
We'll see how he's listed, Questionable or Doubtful.
I thought there was no longer a distinction between these two?

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
25 Sep 2020 13:04
YoHoChecko wrote:
It's the probable/questionable distinction that went away.

Guidelines used to be 75% chance is probable; 50% chance is questionable; 25% is doubtful

In practice, though, probably ended up being like 90%+, so they got rid of it. They also got rid of the percentages and replaced them with words. But doubtfuls pretty rarely play. Questionable now covers a massive range of possibilities. It could be 80% chance of playing all the way down to like 33% chance of playing, basically.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Sep 2020 13:07
NCF wrote:
25 Sep 2020 13:04
YoHoChecko wrote:
It's the probable/questionable distinction that went away.

Guidelines used to be 75% chance is probable; 50% chance is questionable; 25% is doubtful

In practice, though, probably ended up being like 90%+, so they got rid of it. They also got rid of the percentages and replaced them with words. But doubtfuls pretty rarely play. Questionable now covers a massive range of possibilities. It could be 80% chance of playing all the way down to like 33% chance of playing, basically.
Ah, right. OK, then it will be interesting. I know it was a big MM thing, but I also don't remember anyone, last year, playing after not practicing all week.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I think Davante on a pitch count still impacts the game. Davante the decoy still impacts the game. If he can give us anything without being stupid about risking further injury, I think it's a huge boost for us (and almost any star player, I suppose).

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
25 Sep 2020 13:09
Ah, right. OK, then it will be interesting. I know it was a big MM thing, but I also don't remember anyone, last year, playing after not practicing all week.
My feeling on Davante was always that he wouldn't practice this week no matter what. Adams said in his presser Monday or Tuesday that we're going to wait until the end of the week to give it an assessment after giving him the time he needs to get right. So this is totally in line with that plan. I'd assume they give it some sort of a test today or tomorrow and if he wakes up Sunday without it having been aggravated, he goes.

Again, speculation on the specifics, but informed a bit by what he said the process would be. As for how that assessment goes (or if they've already given it a try), we got nothin', information-wise, unless/until he's listed as Doubtful this evening. If he's listed as questionable, we still have no information, haha

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Sep 2020 13:19
NCF wrote:
25 Sep 2020 13:09
My feeling on Davante was always that he wouldn't practice this week no matter what. Adams said in his presser Monday or Tuesday that we're going to wait until the end of the week to give it an assessment after giving him the time he needs to get right. So this is totally in line with that plan. I'd assume they give it some sort of a test today or tomorrow and if he wakes up Sunday without it having been aggravated, he goes.

Again, speculation on the specifics, but informed a bit by what he said the process would be. As for how that assessment goes (or if they've already given it a try), we got nothin', information-wise, unless/until he's listed as Doubtful this evening. If he's listed as questionable, we still have no information, haha

Read More. Post Less.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

salmar80 wrote:
25 Sep 2020 09:21
A few plays nicely analyzed:

Interesting to hear his thoughts on play #2. O'Sullivan felt it was a "corner-stop" route, but LeRoy Butler felt it was a regular corner route with the TE told to stop if the cover guy is on his right hip. Butler then praised Tonyan for reading the play the same as Rodgers. I wonder which is true?
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Its not exactly what I would call recipe for success, but hard to ignore the evidence.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

salmar80 wrote:
25 Sep 2020 09:21
A few plays nicely analyzed:

That was great!! Aaron and J.T. were teammates in the 2005 preseason, so just makes it a little more fun knowing he knows him personally, somewhat.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
25 Sep 2020 14:22
Its not exactly what I would call recipe for success, but hard to ignore the evidence.

THE TWEET IS GONE. WHAT WAS THE TWEET

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Sep 2020 14:53
NCF wrote:
25 Sep 2020 14:22

THE TWEET IS GONE. WHAT WAS THE TWEET
Weird...

It was Rodgers stats with Adams out last year. The big bottom line was 10 TD - 1 INT - 4-0 record. I think it was something damn near 70% completion %, too.

Read More. Post Less.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Jenkins is a back. That is worrisome. Savage is also questionable.

I'm in the camp that if these injuries could be tweeked and be long term problems (clark adams) shut them the F down. Its a long season. Get creative and use other guys. I honestly think the saints and brees are still below us.

Its time to unleash ervin in the O. Him and jones on the field together in space will pick apart this d

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

So this is interesting because Malcolm Jenkins usually shadows the top receiver of the other team--and he has done so against Adams in the past with great success (I think one catch, 8 yards).

However, last week against the Raiders, since their top weapon isn't a WR, Jenkins spent a lot of time with Waller, who really did a number on him. But he also, iirc, allowed a TD to Zay Jones and also a couple plays against rookie Bryan Edwards (It looked to me like the plan was for him to shadow Waller and they abandoned that plan and started using him for more regular assignments as the game went on, but I'm no expert).

I thought, as I watched, how Jenkins just doesn't seem to match up well with the bigger, more physical guys in the passing game. And since we have some guys who are big and physical, like Lazard and Tonyan, we might be able to exploit that kind of matchup. But then I read that Adams previously was shadowed, so I thought "oh, they're not going to let us exploit that."

By no means does Adams being out serve as an advantage to us or anything, I'm not at all going that far here... but it does seem possible that his absence does create some challenging matchups for their top cover guy that will be interesting to watch. I wonder if he'll shadow MVS, the least physical and biggest big play threat. That would be too much respect for MVS, but also might be effective.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
25 Sep 2020 15:54
Jenkins is a back. That is worrisome. Savage is also questionable.

I'm in the camp that if these injuries could be tweeked and be long term problems (clark adams) shut them the F down. Its a long season. Get creative and use other guys. I honestly think the saints and brees are still below us.

Its time to unleash ervin in the O. Him and jones on the field together in space will pick apart this d

I also would lose a battle to win a war. Lean toward caution now to have the guys healthier long term. Our doctors are usually pretty smart in that regard though, so I think I’l trust them.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.