General Packers News 2020

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
09 Oct 2020 18:01
Ick... I saw that earlier, today. Not pretty. I'm not willing to give up on him, yet. He was really good last year. Nursing an injury? Misses the crowd? Whatever it is, I don't think his Packers story has been fully written just yet.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I also don’t think the book on Preston should be finished yet either. But I also don’t really think he had some great “year” last season. I believe he was GREAT for the first half of the season, and then he pretty much was what we see right now.

I also think he does more for us than what shows up in the box score with coverage and demanding attention etc.

But I think his stats for last year look good, bc his first half of the season was so amazing..but that those first half stats cover for his almost disappearance in the second half of the year. Sure he made some plays, but overall I think what we have now, is what we got then.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah first 8 games of Preston Smith was legit like the best 8 game stretch performance I ever saw from a Packers player.

Dude carried us.

I was just disappointed we didn't see him wreaking more havoc on his one on ones last Monday Night. I thought Monday was a real opportunity to show what he had.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

The book on Preston obviously not closed.

But if 12 games + playoffs continues as is, then yeah, don’t think he’s on the roster next year.

But a lot of football left. Best case scenario he earns the spot and then some.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

BF004 wrote:
09 Oct 2020 20:00

But if 12 games + playoffs continues as is, then yeah, don’t think he’s on the roster next year.

I'd say the best case scenario (or at least more likely good scenario ) is that Gary gets healthy.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

TheSkeptic wrote:
10 Oct 2020 14:15
BF004 wrote:

I'd say the best case scenario (or at least more likely good scenario ) is that Gary gets healthy.
Remember when Neal and Daniels sacked Brady at Lambeau? Brady's statue-like way may be just what the Packers D will exploit -- with or without an effective Preston Smith. This was a thing of beauty:

http://insidethepylon.com/film-study/fi ... dy-sacked/

GO PACK GO
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 11 Oct 2020 06:54, edited 1 time in total.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
10 Oct 2020 19:16
TheSkeptic wrote:
10 Oct 2020 14:15
BF004 wrote:

Remember when Neal and Daniels sacked Brady at Lambeau? Brady's statue-like way may be just what the Packers D will exploit -- with or without an effective Preston Smith. This was a think of beauty:

http://insidethepylon.com/film-study/fi ... dy-sacked/

GO PACK GO
We’re gonna be in that ass like a gerbil.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

When you hear of other teams and their issues with COVID I am glad they are keeping in check at 1265 so far.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pugger wrote:
11 Oct 2020 08:10
When you hear of other teams and their issues with COVID I am glad they are keeping in check at 1265 so far.
And from what I am hearing and reading, Wisconsin has just horribly spiked.

On October 6, Governor Tony Evers directed Wisconsin Department of Health Services Secretary-designee Andrea Palm to issue Emergency Order 3, limiting public gatherings to no more than 25 percent of a room or building's total occupancy, with some exceptions. This directive is effective at 8 a.m. on Oct. 8, 2020 and will remain in effect until Nov. 6, 2020.

You can read Emergency Order 3 and review the frequently asked questions below.

On September 22, Governor Tony Evers issued Executive Order 90, declaring a public health emergency, and corresponding Emergency Order 1, regarding face coverings in certain situations for people over the age of 5. ​Face coverings are required to be worn whenever you are indoors or in an enclosed space, other than a private residence, and other people are present in the same room or space.​

From another internet site:

Just after the Packers' announcement, Joe Biden’s campaign directly linked Green Bay’s decision to Trump, blasting out an endorsement from the team's former Hall of Fame coach Mike Holmgren.

“We are now months into this crisis, cases are surging across Wisconsin, and President Trump still doesn’t have a plan to get the virus under control,” Holmgren said in a statement. “It didn’t have to be this bad. Joe Biden has a real plan to beat this pandemic, invest in the working class, and help Wisconsin’s economy recover. Joe will always level with the American people — he’s a man of integrity, and now more than ever, we need him in the White House.”

Holmgren’s statement exacerbated criticism aimed at Republicans in the state, who dominate both chambers of the state Legislature. They were already under fire for doing little to help work with Gov. Tony Evers to contain the spread, including forcing an in-person primary election during an early peak of the pandemic in April and forcing a repeal of a stay-at-home order. On Friday, the day that Trump was hospitalized after reporting an infection himself, Wisconsin Republicans moved to repeal Evers’ mask mandate.

“We all agree we need to follow CDC guidelines as it relates to COVID19 regarding social distancing and masking up,” Wisconsin Assembly Speaker Robin Vos tweeted on Monday. “We should also all agree that our state constitutions should not allow Governors czar-like powers no matter how serious the situation.”

The Packers, who have six more scheduled home games, had not permitted fans to either of their first two home games. Of the 32 NFL teams, 12 have allowed fans in their stadiums for at least one game, with the largest crowd being 25,021 for the Dallas Cowboys last weekend.

Packers coach Matt LaFleur made a public plea in comments to mask up.

“We’ve got to wear a mask, and we would certainly appreciate it if everybody in this community follows suit, because I think everybody enjoys watching the Green Bay Packers, and for that to continue, we need people to do their part.” LaFleur said.

What’s troubling for Republicans is on Wednesday a new Marquette Law School poll showed more than 60 percent of those surveyed supported a mask requirement. That support has held steady since last month and even saw a bump in the Green Bay-Appleton area, the epicenter of the latest Covid surge. In that same poll, Trump again failed to gain ground in Wisconsin, with Biden holding the lead at 46 percent to Trump’s 41 percent.

Trump won by less than 23,000 votes in Wisconsin in 2016, powered by high margins in rural counties and dominance in swing areas around places like Green Bay, which is in Brown County. He needs to do the same or better in some of the areas hit hardest by Covid now, if he is to eke out another win here.

Wisconsin’s death count swelled 238 percent in the past 14 days, with a total of 1,410 deaths, according to a New York Times database. This week, the state ordered a limit on public gatherings. And announced it would open a field hospital on state fairgrounds to handle overflow. Last week, Brown County medical systems officials pleaded for help, saying they were overwhelmed.

On Wednesday, Republicans accused Democrats — as well as the former Green Bay coach — of politicizing a deadly pandemic.

“We are not surprised that Democrat Mike Holmgren endorsed a Democrat, and, of course, he would take a play out of the Democrats’ playbook and politicize Covid-19,” Wisconsin GOP Chairman Andrew Hitt said in a statement to POLITICO. “Instead of playing politics, President Trump has delivered over $2B to Wisconsin through the Cares Act, he has moved PPE into Wisconsin to ensure we have the resources we need, and he provided $9B in PPP loans to over 85,000 businesses.”

Trump campaign spokeswoman Samantha Zager assailed Evers and Democrats for “failed leadership” and accused them of espousing “draconian policies.”

“The President has mobilized an unprecedented effort between the public and the private sectors to fight the virus, offering the full support of the federal government to states in need, including Wisconsin,” she said.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yeah, not so hot in brown county.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

I'm a little surprised to see this spike in cases in Wisconsin. Is it because of an increase in cases on the college campuses? Didn't they institute a mandatory mask mandate on August 1st?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
12 Oct 2020 08:58
I'm a little surprised to see this spike in cases in Wisconsin. Is it because of an increase in cases on the college campuses? Didn't they institute a mandatory mask mandate on August 1st?
From what I hearing, people in Wisco, especially Brown County area aren't following the mask mandate.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Carl Gerbschmidt
Reactions:

Post by Carl Gerbschmidt »

Mike Zimmer is a fundamental idiot. You always take the points on the road, always. Would have been up 8 with under 2 minutes to go.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

go pak go wrote:
12 Oct 2020 09:01
Pugger wrote:
From what I hearing, people in Wisco, especially Brown County area aren't following the mask mandate.
The zombies are outside the door banging to get in.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
Pugger wrote:
Really? When I was in GB in August I thought most folks were following it. I saw folks wearing them everywhere, even when entering and leaving restaurants.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
Pugger wrote:
The initial spike was centered around towns with college campuses. That has spread. The mask mandate is not being enforced is most places, especially bars. We are seeing this affect many things, fans at a Packer game included.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Oct 2020 09:21
go pak go wrote:
Pugger wrote:
The initial spike was centered around towns with college campuses. That has spread. The mask mandate is not being enforced is most places, especially bars. We are seeing this affect many things, fans at a Packer game included.
Yeah, the mask thing is not being followed. I go into gas stations with my mask on and people look at me like I am the weird one. I hate wearing one, but it is what it is. Bars weren't really following it either. Talked to doc friend of mine and he said he attributes part of the spike to large weddings still happening without masks, social distancing.

I just want to be able to go to Lambeau for a game again, but that is not happening this year.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Are we expecting any roster news/moves early this week? Any thoughts on when EQ or Ento or even Martin might be activated? I don't remember the exact timelines for those guys, and I don't thin we ever got any actual info on EQ's injury.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko wrote:
12 Oct 2020 10:04
Are we expecting any roster news/moves early this week? Any thoughts on when EQ or Ento or even Martin might be activated? I don't remember the exact timelines for those guys, and I don't thin we ever got any actual info on EQ's injury.
Looks like we currently have 51 on the active roster and 15 on the PS, which means we can add 2 to the active roster and 1 to the PS without corresponding roster moves.