General Packers News 2020

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
12 Oct 2020 10:20
YoHoChecko wrote:
12 Oct 2020 10:04
Are we expecting any roster news/moves early this week? Any thoughts on when EQ or Ento or even Martin might be activated? I don't remember the exact timelines for those guys, and I don't thin we ever got any actual info on EQ's injury.
Looks like we currently have 51 on the active roster and 15 on the PS, which means we can add 2 to the active roster and 1 to the PS without corresponding roster moves.
Plus Deguara is an obvious IR, so there are a few spots to consider. I don't expect anything major as they likely would have announced that last week, so basic PS elevations or guys coming back from injury. What was the timetable for Martin? I imagine they are holding a spot for him and EQ and may even do the same for Lazard with the flexibility of the PS rules. Even though we have the Nickerson guy that has been inactive every game, I still feel like we could maybe use another warm body in the secondary. I feel like we could have used help on DL, but with Kenny set to return, I think we're fine. If they make a big move by the trade deadline or add another guy, I still think a guy like Marcell Dareus would help, as would a guy like AJ Green... otherwise, roll with the boys that have got us to 4-0.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
12 Oct 2020 10:29
Plus Deguara is an obvious IR, so there are a few spots to consider. I don't expect anything major as they likely would have announced that last week, so basic PS elevations or guys coming back from injury. What was the timetable for Martin? I imagine they are holding a spot for him and EQ and may even do the same for Lazard with the flexibility of the PS rules. Even though we have the Nickerson guy that has been inactive every game, I still feel like we could maybe use another warm body in the secondary. I feel like we could have used help on DL, but with Kenny set to return, I think we're fine. If they make a big move by the trade deadline or add another guy, I still think a guy like Marcell Dareus would help, as would a guy like AJ Green... otherwise, roll with the boys that have got us to 4-0.
Yeah, while I have my Marcel Dareus dreams, I was more thinking about the IR timelines in terms of additions.

Looking back on it, I see a report that the expected timeline for return is 6-8 weeks for Martin and the injury occurred around September 2nd. That makes 6 weeks Wednesday, so he's entering the front end of his return timeline. As we know, we have a bit of a conservative medical staff, so I'd be surprised if he returns right away, but we're officially in the window.

Ento broke his foot a little earlier, so should be on a similar return timetable unless the broken foot was more complex than a normal broken bone (which don't get me wrong, is often the case with athletes' feet). Less information was revealed about his injury.

And EQ, as we've noted, has actually no information about the extent of his injury. Given Lazard's absence, it'd be nice to get him back out there, but it could be anything from a tweak to a sprain to a tear in his knee that got him onto IR, so tough to guess at a timetable.

Deguara and Taylor are full-year absences. And Kirksey and Lazard both just got added, so they will be out at least 3 weeks.

Wouldn't be too surprising to see another WR or TE added to the PS. Will also be interesting to see when Ento comes back if they waive him and bring him to the PS or keep him on the active roster likely ahead of Nickerson. :idn:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
12 Oct 2020 10:04
Are we expecting any roster news/moves early this week? Any thoughts on when EQ or Ento or even Martin might be activated? I don't remember the exact timelines for those guys, and I don't thin we ever got any actual info on EQ's injury.
Hard to say.

EQ and Martin can be activated as it is 3 games and EQ missed DET, NO, and ATL.

I hope he is. I saw Clubhouse Live because Lazard is the "host" this year. Wanted to see how he was doing. Sounds like he didn't know the severity of the injury until Tuesday after the game. Must have had surgery that Tuesday or Wednesday.

He looked good. He said he feels good and doesn't expect to be out for very long.

As for the WR spot, I was a little concerned when they signed Begelton to the 53 rather than Psquad Activation. Thought maybe they were thinking EQ would be out longer. But becasue Begelton was waived and back to the Psquad....I suspect that may mean EQ is close.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I always figured Halloween was Martin's timetable.

I would be surprised if we see him until November. That Vikings game could be one to look at and even then, he will be put in slowly just like they did for Raven Greene.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I kind of figured King might be a long shot this week with his quad.

But overall this is great, great news.

King would be nice to have for Evans though. Might need to be another "prove it week" for Jackson.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
12 Oct 2020 11:48
Oh nice. So the IR return rules are the same, right? Where they can practice for up to 3 weeks before being activated or not? So we have an indicator that these guys are getting close and will likely return within the next 3 weeks. That's solid info.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
12 Oct 2020 12:28
So the IR return rules are the same, right? Where they can practice for up to 3 weeks before being activated or not?
Yeppers. If not activated, they remain on season-ending IR.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Looks like it's going to be hot on Sunday. Mid 80s at kickoff. :?
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
12 Oct 2020 15:00
Looks like it's going to be hot on Sunday. Mid 80s at kickoff. :?
It will get even hotter when our offense takes the field.

Read More. Post Less.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

NCF wrote:
12 Oct 2020 15:10
I'd be stoked to see Adams and EQ on the field at the same time.
IT. IS. TIME

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BSA wrote:
13 Oct 2020 00:13
NCF wrote:
12 Oct 2020 15:10
I'd be stoked to see Adams and EQ on the field at the same time.
I think they’ll work out ESB one more week before playing him. I hope I’m wrong as I’m super high on him. I think he will be better for us than Lazard is.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Looking ahead, if our offense continues to dominate, are Hackett and/or Getsy HC candidates in the next cycle? Hendrickson or Jon-Eric Sullivan GM candidates?

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

https://www.packers.com/news/what-you-m ... grunt-work

Lancaster stepping up!

It's not the defensive line that should be the main worry in stopping the run.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

NCF wrote:
13 Oct 2020 10:02
Looking ahead, if our offense continues to dominate, are Hackett and/or Getsy HC candidates in the next cycle? Hendrickson or Jon-Eric Sullivan GM candidates?
Hackett has a lot of experience with good offenses so he should get a look. Bad owners love to recycle experienced HC regardless of their success. Hopefully the lions will hire Gace when he is cut loose.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Oct 2020 10:06
https://www.packers.com/news/what-you-m ... grunt-work

Lancaster stepping up!

It's not the defensive line that should be the main worry in stopping the run.
He most definitely is. I was saying that in other threads as well that we are continuing to see ascension of play from Keke, Lancaster and even some positive plays from Montravious Adams.

The only player I haven't seen any improvement on and who tends to be the weakest link on the Dline is Lowry. He is just on the ground way too often.

But Lancaster has put together two really strong weeks of football which is really exciting. He can both spell and supplement Clark at that Nose spot and Keke is showing improvement in the run game too. We already know Keke has shown good flashes in the pass rush.

My enthusiasm for brining in someone external quieted after Atlanta and it is because the players we have on the Dline are pointing up. They just need to play more and Dean Lowry play less.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Someone can go ahead and make the GDT thread if they want, just be sure to add a pointless poll. :P

I'm gunna struggle to get Pick 6 and Survivor updated this week.

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

Cdragon wrote:
13 Oct 2020 10:15
NCF wrote:
Hackett has a lot of experience with good offenses so he should get a look. Bad owners love to recycle experienced HC regardless of their success. Hopefully the lions will hire Gace when he is cut loose.
I'm sure Hackett will have some interest. But coordinators who don't call they're own plays don't seem to be looked at as strongly as a guy who is really in charge of that side of the ball.
I think the same thing will haunt Bieniemy, though he's the hot name this year.
I'm more concerned with losing front office staff.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
13 Oct 2020 10:47
Someone can go ahead and make the GDT thread if they want, just be sure to add a pointless poll. :P

I'm gunna struggle to get Pick 6 and Survivor updated this week.
I'll take the Pick 6 off your hands from now on. Things are slowing down a bit and I should have some time on a Wednesday to get that done.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

Cdragon wrote:
13 Oct 2020 10:15
NCF wrote:
Their is no way Gase gets another head coaching job after the stink bomb he laid in NY.