49ers GDT

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Which will have more?

49ers starters missing the game to injury
65%
49ers rushing touchdowns
35%

Total votes: 17

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

I can probably get behind trading them Love for a top 10.

:lol:
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

D-Will has legit talent, but he's a doofus. I rather have a JAG like Tra Carson out there.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

If they were healthy, I would say it would be a closer game than last year but still give them the slight edge. But the way it is now with all of their injuries, we had better win easily.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

texas wrote:
03 Nov 2020 14:43
If they were healthy, I would say it would be a closer game than last year but still give them the slight edge. But the way it is now with all of their injuries, we had better win easily.
If they were healthy we would get dominated. Absolutely dominated.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

lupedafiasco wrote:
03 Nov 2020 14:55
texas wrote:
Always the optimist.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Packfntk wrote:
03 Nov 2020 15:08
lupedafiasco wrote:
texas wrote:
Always the optimist.
With our team in it's current state, it would be almost impossible to disagree.

Read More. Post Less.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Whatever. Dominate 4 games, beat the Saints, and had two bad games and suddenly we would get thrashed if a team was healthy. Do we match up well against the 9ers? I think we all can agree that we don't. But to act as if we wouldn't have a chance? I think that is a major overreaction.

The 9ers are a good football team, they are not great. The Packers are still a good football team overall (even though 90% of fans will tell you that the sky is falling).

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Packfntk wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
texas wrote:
Always the optimist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AEj3LA2vSo

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Packfntk wrote:
03 Nov 2020 15:16
Whatever. Dominate 4 games, beat the Saints, and had two bad games and suddenly we would get thrashed if a team was healthy. Do we match up well against the 9ers? I think we all can agree that we don't. But to act as if we wouldn't have a chance? I think that is a major overreaction.

The 9ers are a good football team, they are not great. The Packers are still a good football team overall (even though 90% of fans will tell you that the sky is falling).
I didn't say we weren't. That is why I used the "current state" descriptor. We are beat up. We are being impacted by COVID. We haven't quite found our way back and are 1-2 since the Bye. SF, full strength, would steam roll us. That is obviously a big hypothetical as they are not full strength. Very, very, very, very far from it.

Read More. Post Less.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Do you also think they would steamroll us if we were completely healthy as well?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Packfntk wrote:
03 Nov 2020 15:25
Do you also think they would steamroll us if we were completely healthy as well?
Good question. No, emphatically.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

lupedafiasco wrote:
texas wrote:
I'm not sold on that. They lost some key pieces from their 2019 team. And I was the most pessimistic of us all regarding that 2019 team.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Packfntk wrote:
We would score more points. We would probably score in the 27 to 38 point range so we could keep it close if our offense played well.

Would I have faith in our defense?

Honestly....no.

I was so excited to see our team matchup vs Dalvin Cook. Like I was hoping Cook would play to give our defense a shot at a good back. I thought MN was perfect too because we could still come away with a win. There is nothing this defense has shown since last January that it can slow down high impact RBs.

Then you add Kittle on top of that, another matchup weakness for us...oof. With our complete lack of presence from our front 7, no I do not think we could beat SF with them at full strength.

If Clark, the Smiths and Gary play to where we would hope they would, then we could absolutely beat them. And by multiple scores. The lack of performance from our expensive Front 7 has been that impactful.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Packfntk wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
texas wrote:
Always the optimist.
Always the realist*

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Packfntk wrote:
Both teams fully healthy I don’t think the Packers ever beat the 49ers current team. They’ve been bad and nailed their top picks on defense. They run the same scheme but better on offense. They’re just better.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

go pak go wrote:
03 Nov 2020 15:53
There is nothing this defense has shown since last January that it can slow down high impact RBs.
So they don't get credit for holding Cook to 50 yards in week 1?
Holding the Lions to 89 total rushing yards in week 2?
Holding Kamara to 58 rushing yards in week 3?
Gurley to 57 rushing yards in week 4?
David Johnson to 42 rushing yards in week 7?

We are only judged on Dalvin Cook shredding us one week?

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Packfntk wrote:
03 Nov 2020 15:58
go pak go wrote:
There is nothing this defense has shown since last January that it can slow down high impact RBs.

A lot of those games I would argue we pulled ahead and forced teams to pass and also controlled TOP heavily. We’re the best in the league in TOP.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

lupedafiasco wrote:
03 Nov 2020 16:01
Packfntk wrote:
03 Nov 2020 15:58
go pak go wrote:

A lot of those games I would argue we pulled ahead and forced teams to pass and also controlled TOP heavily. We’re the best in the league in TOP.
LOL, so it is out of the realm of possibility that Rodgers chucks a couple TD's early and force Jimmy Garoppolo/Nick Mullens to beat us and abandon the run. Got it. It fits the narrative. :lol:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Packfntk wrote:
No. On paper, we can take them, but they are designed in a way that gives this team fits.

More to the point, that team pretty much created the blueprint for how to destroy this defense last year, and there has been no change in strategy on D and very little change in personnel.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.