Packers Q1 Offensive Review

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Area to improve the most?

Drops
20%
Red Zone Efficiency
64%
Getting the ball out quicker
No votes
Sticking with the run game
16%

Total votes: 25

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

YoHoChecko wrote:
07 Oct 2020 08:16
BSA wrote:
06 Oct 2020 23:35
As far as Dillon - he's learning pass pro and a dizzying array of motions and shifts - both of those are a huge leap from college.
Then you have aiming points, timing with the OL, line calls from Rodgers etc. Its a lot to digest and get good at, especially with the limited offseason he had. GB needs him competent in November- Feb, so I really don't mind the limited snaps so far. Few things are more potent than a fresh-legged RB coming on strong late in the season.
He doesn't need all that to be the a 3rd & 1 or 4th & 1 hammer from time to time.
I suspect MLF won't send out a new player out there until he is well versed in this offense even in short yardage situations. ARod may change the play at the line and Dillon has to know what to do.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Pugger wrote:
08 Oct 2020 18:18
YoHoChecko wrote:
BSA wrote:
06 Oct 2020 23:35
As far as Dillon - he's learning pass pro and a dizzying array of motions and shifts - both of those are a huge leap from college.
Then you have aiming points, timing with the OL, line calls from Rodgers etc. Its a lot to digest and get good at, especially with the limited offseason he had. GB needs him competent in November- Feb, so I really don't mind the limited snaps so far. Few things are more potent than a fresh-legged RB coming on strong late in the season.
He doesn't need all that to be the a 3rd & 1 or 4th & 1 hammer from time to time.
I suspect MLF won't send out a new player out there until he is well versed in this offense even in short yardage situations. ARod may change the play at the line and Dillon has to know what to do.
I don't see changing from an inside run to play action as being a big challenge. And then leak over the middle for a 3 yard outlet pass followed by 10 yac and a safety or ILB hoping he never has to tackle Dillon again.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

TheSkeptic wrote:
09 Oct 2020 02:06
Pugger wrote:
08 Oct 2020 18:18
YoHoChecko wrote:

I don't see changing from an inside run to play action as being a big challenge. And then leak over the middle for a 3 yard outlet pass followed by 10 yac and a safety or ILB hoping he never has to tackle Dillon again.
But if AR changes it to a pass Dillon has to know his assignment as far as if he is a potential target and/or if he is supposed to pick up blitzers. I do think we'll see more and more of our rookie RB as the season progresses.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

here's one from Packers Wire, talking about how well the Packers spread the ball around so far

"According to the team, the Packers are the only team in the NFL with at least six players producing at least 12 catches and 100 receiving yards through the first four weeks of the 2020 season."

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2020/1 ... e-in-2020/
IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

this is from Ben Fennell - talking about easing AJ Dillon into the offense

"It was refreshing to see the rookie get snaps with Rodgers and receive handoffs on 3 of 5 plays during the drive.
The running back position is based on feel and repetition. It’s difficult to enter off the bench for a random touch and be able to get a feel of the timing and flow of the blocking. Dillon will need to get more chunk participation to fully acclimate himself to the NFL and the offense. Remember, this breaking-in period is normally reserved for preseason games where a young back gets 25-30 touches, allowing him to get into a groove."
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So 8 games in, Aaron had 4 four TD games and 24 on the year.

That is on pace for 48.

He hasn’t had over 26 since 2016. Again, he has 24. He has only had over 31 four times in his career.

Quietly has 11 the last 3 games. Also quietly staying right in that MVP convo.

Also, he was the first player in NFL history to reach 300 TDs before 100 Ints. He is now 16 TDs away from 400 TDs and 14 INTs away from 100. I think biggest question is does he hit 500 TDs now before 100 INTs?.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

We have the best WR in football.

And we are watching the best WR performance in Packers history.

Let's just all take a deep appreciation of the greatness that is Davante Adams.

....man. If only we could pull up fans comments of him in 2015.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
06 Nov 2020 07:25

why does Adams in your mind have to be the best WR in Packers history? if someone disagree's and only considers him ONE of the best in Packer History is that a slight against Adams? it's not as though other Packer receivers didn't get the majority of targets and defenses didn't key up to stop them the same way they are now keying to stop Devonte.

I stood up for Adams back then and was one of the few here that did, it was nice to see MVS snagging the passes last night, hopefully we get Lazard back soon, unfortunatly last nights success came against a SF depleted secondary, it wont always be this easy, still it was nice to see us take care of business in a formidable way.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
06 Nov 2020 07:44
go pak go wrote:
06 Nov 2020 07:25

why does Adams in your mind have to be the best WR in Packers history? if someone disagree's and only considers him ONE of the best in Packer History is that a slight against Adams? it's not as though other Packer receivers didn't get the majority of targets and defenses didn't key up to stop them the same way they are now keying to stop Devonte.

I stood up for Adams back then and was one of the few here that did, it was nice to see MVS snagging the passes last night, hopefully we get Lazard back soon, unfortunatly last nights success came against a SF depleted secondary, it wont always be this easy, still it was nice to see us take care of business in a formidable way.
I don't think I said Davante Adams is the best WR in Packers history.

I said right now we are watching the best WR performance in Packers history which are two clearly different things. The dude is on a whole new level. He makes the game look easy and honest to goodness with all the replays, scrutiny of catches, etc. What he is doing right now is unbelievable.

How long will this last? Who knows. History tells us not long. I am just going to enjoy watching this absolute greatness while it is there.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.