You Tube TV

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Netflix , Prime, and a hd air antenna. BTW, the over the air antenna gets a better picture than any streaming device. And I have a 4K tv.

I don’t watch much sports except the Packers. For that I have the NFL Game Pass. $79 a year. It went down in price. I usually get 5-7 games a year on the local channels which I record on my TIVO.

Next year I may just stream the Packers games.
Love is the answer…

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I cut YTTV at the price jump and haven’t missed it. I’ve got Netflix and an antenna. The antenna has worked better than I expected. I wouldn’t get Packers games in market anyways even with YTTV.

I stream all the packers games that aren’t National TV games. One thing I thought I would miss was Espn and sec network college football games...but I kid you not, every week someone has streamed the game live on their YouTube page. I just find it, then cast it to my big screen. I haven’t missed one game that I wanted to watch. It’s almost too good to be true!

The only thing I sort of missed was I got to see minimal nba playoff games, and haven’t got to watch Braves baseball yet in the playoffs bc they have been playing on FS1. But really not that big of a deal for me.

So far I have been very happy to save the money.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Making the switch to streaming would be so much easier if an antenna worked for me to get local channels. But the way Hulu and YTTV keep raising their prices, I don't know if I save much by dropping Dish anymore. I still want to dump them, but I'm sick of paying so much for any of it.
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

paco wrote:
12 Oct 2020 14:42
Making the switch to streaming would be so much easier if an antenna worked for me to get local channels. But the way Hulu and YTTV keep raising their prices, I don't know if I save much by dropping Dish anymore. I still want to dump them, but I'm sick of paying so much for any of it.
My problem with Dish was the extra fees for the boxes.

YouTube TV's DVR and ease of just streaming anywhere... is great. Dish's app is atrocious.
RIP JustJeff

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Loving YouTube tv, even after the price increase. I have internet at my cabin so basically 2 homes for one bill.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Madcity_matt wrote:
10 Nov 2020 20:28
Loving YouTube tv, even after the price increase. I have internet at my cabin so basically 2 homes for one bill.
Madcity just wants to rub it in that he has a cabin and I don't. :lol:
RIP JustJeff

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

paco wrote:
13 Nov 2020 11:00
Madcity_matt wrote:
10 Nov 2020 20:28
Madcity just wants to rub it in that he has a cabin and I don't. :lol:
I was specifically thinking of you. :rotf:

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Have I been completely oblivious to the few dollar extra charge on the YouTube TV price? Billing gives you the base price ($64.99 or whatever), but then it's almost $70 when its all said it done. Have I just missed this for the last two years?
RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

TheGreenMan wrote:
20 Nov 2020 10:40
Have I been completely oblivious to the few dollar extra charge on the YouTube TV price? Billing gives you the base price ($64.99 or whatever), but then it's almost $70 when its all said it done. Have I just missed this for the last two years?
Base price increased in August by $15. Taxes bring to about $70.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

wallyuwl wrote:
21 Nov 2020 11:14
TheGreenMan wrote:
20 Nov 2020 10:40
Base price increased in August by $15. Taxes bring to about $70.
Yeah. I just never noticed the tax added all the way at the bottom of the app.
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Seriously considering just pausing YouTube TV's service after football is over and save on half a year's worth. When I truly think about it, I don't watch much of anything outside of football, everything else I mindlessly watch is on Prime or Netflix (bumming from a friend). I also have Starz streaming. I used to be able to get most of the Brewer games on YouTube TV, and now can't even do that, so baseball isn't that much of a concern either.

Just my random thinking today I guess.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

TheGreenMan wrote:
09 Jan 2021 09:59
Seriously considering just pausing YouTube TV's service after football is over and save on half a year's worth. When I truly think about it, I don't watch much of anything outside of football, everything else I mindlessly watch is on Prime or Netflix (bumming from a friend). I also have Starz streaming. I used to be able to get most of the Brewer games on YouTube TV, and now can't even do that, so baseball isn't that much of a concern either.

I should consider that, too. I think at one time I was locked into a lower price so avoided cancelling. I think my grandfather period is over, so I'm sure I am paying what every other shmuck is now. Re-up in time for NBA play-offs or if the final episodes of Better Call Saul come in Spring... oh &%$@, and The Draft... it's a deep trap they keep us in.

Read More. Post Less.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

NCF wrote:
09 Jan 2021 10:09
TheGreenMan wrote:

I should consider that, too. I think at one time I was locked into a lower price so avoided cancelling. I think my grandfather period is over, so I'm sure I am paying what every other shmuck is now. Re-up in time for NBA play-offs or if the final episodes of Better Call Saul come in Spring... oh &%$@, and The Draft... it's a deep trap they keep us in.
I can catch my Spurs when/if I decide to cough up for NBA pass again, but the whole shortened season/covid stuff lately has turned me off currently. If the NFL would get with the times and offer something similar to NBA Pass and MLB Live, I'd never sub again. You would think they would - there's so much money involved there.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

TheGreenMan wrote:
09 Jan 2021 10:15
NCF wrote:
TheGreenMan wrote:

I can catch my Spurs when/if I decide to cough up for NBA pass again, but the whole shortened season/covid stuff lately has turned me off currently. If the NFL would get with the times and offer something similar to NBA Pass and MLB Live, I'd never sub again. You would think they would - there's so much money involved there.
I had League Pass for the Bucks last year. The problem is anytime there was a good game that was televised on a network, it would be blacked out on League Pass. I would have a hard time watching all the games against the Cavs and Bulls and then not be able to see the games against the Sixers or Lakers, etc.

Read More. Post Less.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

NCF wrote:
09 Jan 2021 10:51
TheGreenMan wrote:
09 Jan 2021 10:15
NCF wrote:

I had League Pass for the Bucks last year. The problem is anytime there was a good game that was televised on a network, it would be blacked out on League Pass. I would have a hard time watching all the games against the Cavs and Bulls and then not be able to see the games against the Sixers or Lakers, etc.
Welcome to my world with the Brewers. MLB TV is TERRIBLE with blackouts for the Midwest. Iowa has 6-7 teams blacked out, EVEN if it's on a national network and I have it on my TV. Brewers on ESPN? Blacked out. MLB TV? Also blacked out. How in the world can I watch the Brewers if I can't even watch them on the channel they're playing on, and MLB TV? It's a total joke. We don't get Wisconsin's local FS1 stuff, so what is my option? It's the exact same for Cubs, Pirates, Cards, Sox, Twins, and Royals.

They're begging people in Iowa, Oklahoma, and Arkansas to find illegal streams.

At one point MLB TV used to allow you to stream blacked out games on a television app, but not mobile. Or at least for the Brewers it was that way for me. Now, I'm lucky if I get maybe 10 games a year.

RIP JustJeff

Mazrimiv
Reactions:

Post by Mazrimiv »

YouTube TV is $70 a month? How is that better than cable?

I'll stick with services of questionable legality and watch every Brewers and Bucks game.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Mazrimiv wrote:
10 Jan 2021 09:34

I'll stick with services of questionable legality and watch every Brewers and Bucks game.
For my family it's still better than cable, just because I'd be paying $20ish more for what I have now if I switch to Dish again. It's the unlimited DVR, simultaneous streams, and the ease of the app that separates.

But it's starting to get close, hence why I'm leaning towards pausing it after football.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Mazrimiv wrote:
10 Jan 2021 09:34