Packers @ Colts GDT 3:25 Sunday 11/22/20

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
22 Nov 2020 19:18
the offense did enough to win this game, our defense isn't able to get off the field, week after week we give up 3rd and long, 3rd and short, and we suck on 1str and 2nd down too.

feel bad for Scantling, however it's the same with some of the other players, it's great that they usually play well, it's the plays that they don't that are killing us.
If the entire game was the first half I might agree, but the O did the D no favors in the second half and the d held the colts to 3 plenty
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The bye week the first seed gets would obviously be an advantage, but I wonder if our players even want to play in an empty lambeua in January.

Most of the other contenders are in warm weather cities or domes and crowd won’t be a factor.

Besides the bye week, team honestly may play better on the road in the better climate. They aren’t really tough enough for the Green Bay Cold without the fuel the fans provide it seems.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

YoHoChecko wrote:
22 Nov 2020 18:55
4 turnovers, 2 key 3 & outs, and a missed 4th down conversion in the red zone. That's the whole game for us.

For them, if they had lost, it's 2 turnovers and 9 holding calls or whatever.

Our errors outdid theirs. And that's the whole story.
I'm still trying to figure out MLF's thinking of not kicking thr FG on 4th down in the red zone. We do that and there most likely is no OT in the end.

We have to give it to the Colts. They made halftime adjustments and took over the game.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

packman114 wrote:
22 Nov 2020 19:07
The Sheppard fumble was the killer in my opinion.
But we still had time. MVS's fumble in OT was the killer IMO.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
22 Nov 2020 20:39
YoHoChecko wrote:
4 turnovers, 2 key 3 & outs, and a missed 4th down conversion in the red zone. That's the whole game for us.

I'm still trying to figure out MLF's thinking of not kicking thr FG on 4th down in the red zone. We do that and there most likely is no OT in the end.

We have to give it to the Colts. They made halftime adjustments and took over the game.
Am I missing something here? When did we get into the redzone and not kick a figgy?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
22 Nov 2020 19:18
the offense did enough to win this game, our defense isn't able to get off the field, week after week we give up 3rd and long, 3rd and short, and we suck on 1str and 2nd down too.

feel bad for Scantling, however it's the same with some of the other players, it's great that they usually play well, it's the plays that they don't that are killing us.
And Rodgers too right? Like I'm not just picking on Rodgers. Lots of players f'ed this up. But if you want to be the MVP, play like a dam MVP.

When the game is on the line and you have a wide open Robert Tonyan on 3rd and 8, make the pass so he doesn't have to run up to the ball and be short of the chains to force a 4th down.

And when it is 3rd and goal...don't stare down your top WR and not look at a wide open Robert Tonyan in the endzone that would have sealed us the game.

Yes. MVS fumbled and yes this is another game where Rodgers didn't have a shot to close it. But dammit he also did have two shots to close it before that and he didn't.

Who lost this game today? Literally every player on this team lost this game.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
22 Nov 2020 20:42
Pugger wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

Am I missing something here? When did we get into the redzone and not kick a figgy?
I may have mis-typed but didn't we go for it on 4th down when we were in FG range (and not necessarily in the red zone)? :dunno:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I picked the Packers to lose.

I figured we would lose. What hurts so much is this Packers team played so well that first half. I mean we almost lost this game while losing the turnover battle 3 to 1. On the road. Vs the top NFL defense.

Like that would have been so cool.

But I honest to goodness don't understand our defensive philosophy from a schematic standpoint on 3rd down.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
22 Nov 2020 20:46
go pak go wrote:
Pugger wrote:

I may have mis-typed but didn't we go for it on 4th down when we were in FG range (and not necessarily in the red zone)? :dunno:
No
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Aaron Jones had ten carries today. This is the guy many are saying is a must resign. Put me in the group of people that really want him back.

Not sure a stat line like that shows the Packers care if he stays or Goes.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
22 Nov 2020 20:48
Pugger wrote:
go pak go wrote:

No
She’s talking about when it was 31-28 and 4th and 1 and threw the ball and missed Jamaal instead of let Crosby tie the game. We were in range.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
22 Nov 2020 20:56
go pak go wrote:
22 Nov 2020 20:48
Pugger wrote:

No
She’s talking about when it was 31-28 and 4th and 1 and threw the ball and missed Jamaal instead of let Crosby tie the game. We were in range.
Where was the ball at there? Weren't we like at the 37? That's a loooooong figgy. Going for it was absolutely the right call.

Not running it...eh.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
22 Nov 2020 20:55
Aaron Jones had ten carries today. This is the guy many are saying is a must resign. Put me in the group of people that really want him back.

And you know what is disgusting about this?

We were actually really effective running the ball with Jones. He got out on the tackles a lot.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Anybody else feel that the Mercedes Lewis Holding Penalty was kind of horse sh*t?

I mean to be fair, the refs literally called everything after that too. So they were at least consistent.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
22 Nov 2020 21:11
Anybody else feel that the Mercedes Lewis Holding Penalty was kind of horse sh*t?

I mean to be fair, the refs literally called everything after that too. So they were at least consistent.
How about the no call face mask on Jones???
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
22 Nov 2020 21:11
Drj820 wrote:
22 Nov 2020 20:55

And you know what is disgusting about this?

We were actually really effective running the ball with Jones. He got out on the tackles a lot.
Lafleur saying he wants to be a running team, and the packers shifting most of their personnel decisions in the direction of being a run team, or at least doing things off the run...and then giving jones 10 carries when he was running well...is the number one thing that makes me mad about the team right now.

I know what the defense is. I’ve accepted who Pettine is. My solution is keep the defense off the field by controlling the ball through being tough and pounding the rock.

But this team won’t even run the ball on 3rd and 4th and 1.

Gross.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yeah, MLF went full MM today on run/pass balance. I get the instinct to throw when you have a QB like Rodgers, but c'mon, get some yards on the ground to help him out. And give Jones the opportunity to break a few.

I feel like they chickened out over the change at Center.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Labrev wrote:
22 Nov 2020 21:29
Yeah, MLF went full MM today on run/pass balance. I get the instinct to throw when you have a QB like Rodgers, but c'mon, get some yards on the ground to help him out. And give Jones the opportunity to break a few.

I feel like they chickened out over the change at Center.
We weren't running it great and were moving it pretty easy through the pass.

Problem was 3 fumbles and a interception.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

There were things to love in this game, and things to hate. This wasn't an end of the world loss, but plenty of room to improve.

Going to sleep on it and not overreact. Lotta ballgame left.
RIP JustJeff

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

go pak go wrote:
22 Nov 2020 20:47
I picked the Packers to lose.

I figured we would lose. What hurts so much is this Packers team played so well that first half. I mean we almost lost this game while losing the turnover battle 3 to 1. On the road. Vs the top NFL defense.

Like that would have been so cool.

But I honest to goodness don't understand our defensive philosophy from a schematic standpoint on 3rd down.
Can everyone admit, this team cannot play 60 minutes of football. They haven't done it since maybe 2014. I see clowns like Savage dancing around after tipping a pass away on 1st or 2nd down and watch them give up a first down on the same series. Can somebody explain to me why you celebrate on 2nd down, anybody????

As for defensive philosophy, it's easy. Don't give up the big pass play [ try not to pay attention to Pittman running past 11 guys looking at everyone else on the field except Pittman ] But let the opponent move up and down the field with 7, 8 10 yard plays and score TDs, but just don't give them big pays.

Here are some of the things I won't bother to listen to tomorrow. We have to play consistently for 60 minutes. A couple of plays didn't go our way. Give credit to the Colts, they played a great game. I thought our guys gave it they're all.
Did I miss anything? That seems to be MLFs standard presser these days.

P.S. if the Pack fired Pettine tomorrow, would anyone notice? I guess what I'm saying is, would the defense be any worse without a defensive coordinator?
I truly believe, nobody on that defense believes they can make a play when it matters. Not because they don't have confidence in themselves, but because they are put into positions where they can't make the play.

Nobody can cover a receiver if he's getting 10 yard cushions, nobody.

The more I type, the more pissed I get. This team gave up 7 yards on a QB sneak, how is that possible?