2021 Season Opponents

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Dec 2020 20:33
go pak go wrote:
06 Dec 2020 20:24
BF004 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 18:47
Yeah, Saints are lucking out with their schedule while Brees is hurt, but I can’t see Taysom beating Mahomes.
I bet Brees is playing by that point.
I'm interested to see what happens there. I mean, several broken ribs and a collapsed lung for a dude in his 40s? Like, I'm not sure how soon he'll be able to throw full steam. Gonna be a lot of pain even so. What if he comes back and doesn't look right. Does he get pulled for Hill? What a world.
I heared lungs are only a couple weeks thing. The ribs can take longer but many think he can probably be back even as soon as this week.

Like you said, we will see.

But how about the Saints when Brees doesn't play? The Saints have only like one loss with Bridgewater, Winston and Hill at the helm.

Very impressive.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

bobsacamano
Reactions:

Post by bobsacamano »

NCF wrote:
06 Dec 2020 18:42
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
06 Dec 2020 16:43
Saints won again. :argue:
They'll lose to KC going away... if we take care of our business, we are the #1 seed. I'm pretty convinced.
MN may not be as good but they have had the saints number for a few years now.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Dec 2020 20:33
several broken ribs and a collapsed lung for a dude in his 40s? Like, I'm not sure how soon he'll be able to throw full steam. Gonna be a lot of pain even so. What if he comes back and doesn't look right.
This is going to be really interesting to watch. I'm guessing it'll be a hybrid like it was before the injury - with Hill taking some snaps or a series. Brees' arm got pretty limp by January the last couple of seasons, it happens to all of them. So on the one hand you have the rib injury and rehab, but on the other hand his arm has been "resting" vs a typical mid-season schedule. We'll see

The Packers 2021 schedule is a real gauntlet for a SB Champion looking to repeat
IT. IS. TIME

bobsacamano
Reactions:

Post by bobsacamano »

2021 the year for the london game?

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

bobsacamano wrote:
08 Dec 2020 13:38
2021 the year for the london game?
I'm buying a ticket right now. I'm not waiting till they go on sale, or even till the fixture is announced. :banana:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Keep in mind they're still pondering the possibility of a 17th game. But for now anyways, here's the latest 16-win plan:

Home Games
Chicago Bears (NFC North)
Detroit Lions (NFC North)
Minnesota Vikings (NFC North)
Los Angeles Rams (NFC West)
Seattle Seahawks (NFC West)
Cleveland Browns (AFC North)
Pittsburgh Steelers (AFC North)
Washington Football Team (winners of NFC East)

Road Games
Chicago Bears (NFC North)
Detroit Lions (NFC North)
Minnesota Vikings (NFC North)
Arizona Cardinals (NFC West)
San Francisco 49ers (NFC West)
Baltimore Ravens (AFC North)
Cincinnati Bengals (AFC North)
New Orleans Saints (winners of NFC South)

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

AFC North, NFC East, current two best divisions in football.

Things can change very quickly, but as it stands now.

Punch em in the mouth!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
08 Jan 2021 11:32
Pretty easy to look like the best divisions in football when they both played the NFC East this year too.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Mazrimiv
Reactions:

Post by Mazrimiv »

BF004 wrote:
08 Jan 2021 11:32

Things can change very quickly, but as it stands now.

Punch em in the mouth!
I'll assume that should be NFC West

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I love winning the division, but I hate the 1st-place schedule. Do you think fans see us on their schedule and think the same thing? Probably, but I would be interested to confirm.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Also, feel free to slow me down here, but here I go...

The Packers already are scheduled to play AFCN so if our AFC opponent cannot be Pittsburgh (North-North), let's say, as usual, we get screwed and it's AFCW, so Kansas City.

The formula is designed so the NFC gets the extra home game in 2021.
GB wins the Super Bowl over Kansas City

AND then,

GB opens up the season on Thursday Night in September against... Kansas City

Anyone up for that?

Read More. Post Less.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

I know things change year to year, but that schedule looks brutal.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
08 Jan 2021 12:06
I love winning the division, but I hate the 1st-place schedule. Do you think fans see us on their schedule and think the same thing? Probably, but I would be interested to confirm.
Doubt anyone is saying, thank god we got Green Bay, I would hate to go to Detroit.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
08 Jan 2021 12:17
Sure does, getting another no 1 seed will be super tough. But also a lotta very interesting, exciting games. If we do succeed, we'll be truly battle-hardened for the playoffs.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
08 Jan 2021 12:10
Also, feel free to slow me down here, but here I go...

The Packers already are scheduled to play AFCN so if our AFC opponent cannot be Pittsburgh (North-North), let's say, as usual, we get screwed and it's AFCW, so Kansas City.

The formula is designed so the NFC gets the extra home game in 2021.
GB wins the Super Bowl over Kansas City

AND then,

GB opens up the season on Thursday Night in September against... Kansas City

Anyone up for that?
This took me a bit, but we're talking about the 17th game and nooow it makes sense.

So is that official? It's an extra out-of-conference game based on scheduled finish and the NFC gets the home games first, or was that a hypothetical?

If that's how it works, then we either get the Chiefs, Titans (again), or Bills. I'd honestly love to watch any of those games. And a week one Super Bowl rematch is always fun, though challenging.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

salmar80 wrote:
08 Jan 2021 13:38
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
Sure does, getting another no 1 seed will be super tough. But also a lotta very interesting, exciting games. If we do succeed, we'll be truly battle-hardened for the playoffs.
SOS from the previous year doesn't equate to SOS for the current year. What looks tough now, may not be tough in a year, and vice versa.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
08 Jan 2021 13:49
So is that official? It's an extra out-of-conference game based on scheduled finish and the NFC gets the home games first, or was that a hypothetical?
It's old speculation, but coming directly from Mark Murphy.
According to Murphy, the plan would involve having all teams in one conference play nine home games while the other conference plays eight homes. The AFC and NFC would then alternate every year on which conference got the ninth home game.

If this is the formula the NFL goes with, it would almost certainly mean that the 17th game would be a non-conference game for all teams. The easiest way for all AFC teams to play a ninth home game would be to have them host an NFC team. The following year, the 16 teams in the NFC would get a ninth home game by hosting the 16 teams in the AFC.

If the league wanted to take things one step farther, the extra game would match up two teams that finished in the same spot in the standings, so a first-place team from the AFC would play a first-place team from the NFC and a second-place team would play a second-place team, and so on. If the NFL did that, it would truly create a more difficult schedule for better teams.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl- ... end-picks/

Read More. Post Less.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Jan 2021 13:50
salmar80 wrote:
08 Jan 2021 13:38
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
SOS from the previous year doesn't equate to SOS for the current year. What looks tough now, may not be tough in a year, and vice versa.
True, but even then... those teams outside the division, Bengals might be the weakest team there - and that's with Burrow back.

Sheesh.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

15-1 losing to the 9ers.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
08 Jan 2021 19:51