Aaron Freaking Rodgers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

My QB would never...

Read More. Post Less.

mnpackerbacker
Reactions:

Post by mnpackerbacker »

and, as I'll bet has been posted elsewhere in this thread,

Total AR touchdown passes this season: 48

Total Packer team punts: 46

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

"After the overtime loss to the Colts, the Packers rattled off six consecutive wins, and Rodgers was as efficient as ever. He had 19 TDs, only one interception and completed 75.9 percent of his passes. Rodgers did this by only averaging 22 completions a game and not throwing for 300 yards."
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BSA wrote:
06 Jan 2021 23:49

"After the overtime loss to the Colts, the Packers rattled off six consecutive wins, and Rodgers was as efficient as ever. He had 19 TDs, only one interception and completed 75.9 percent of his passes. Rodgers did this by only averaging 22 completions a game and not throwing for 300 yards."
5 of those 6 games were outdoors in &%$@ weather too. :aok:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Really good video showing Rodgers compared to 2019 and 2020 and why the signficant bump in performance.

I am also really excited to hear yoop's input of this is all attributed to knowing the scheme more in the 2nd year and it was obvious it would be this way. lis, McCarthy needed out as his schemes required his WRs to win one on ones with deep vert routes and how obvious this was that I've been calling this for years. ;)

But seriously it is a fantastic video and very well done by the producer. Lot of good research and specific plays to back it up.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Add Jeopardy host to the resume.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Something I have been wondering. Amazing.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

That whole feature Demovsky did on Rodgers' interceptions is really worth the read

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
12 Jan 2021 11:11
Really good video showing Rodgers compared to 2019 and 2020 and why the signficant bump in performance.

I am also really excited to hear yoop's input of this is all attributed to knowing the scheme more in the 2nd year and it was obvious it would be this way. lis, McCarthy needed out as his schemes required his WRs to win one on ones with deep vert routes and how obvious this was that I've been calling this for years. ;)

But seriously it is a fantastic video and very well done by the producer. Lot of good research and specific plays to back it up.
you just gave my response, McCarthy needed outing, and Rodgers only really knowing McCarthy's schemes stuck to them, refused to take check downs hoping as he was able to do in the past, when he had receivers that could beat single coverage, strung out plays figuring eventually someone would get open to throw to, however they didn't and he took a beating.

back in 017 and 18 he made comments that we needed to run more, and we witnessed how good he was when able to play up tempo and on schedule, the decline at WR extended the schedule, better pass rush limited his ability to scramble.

this article contends that Rodgers was stubborn (name a good one who isn't) and lacked confidence in the new offense Lafluer was installing, I contend that he resorted back to what had been familiar for over a decade when MLF's schemes stalled out ( and everyone was learning a new offense, along with Rodgers)
to me Rodgers previous comments about running more, the obvious lack of short passing up tempo plays under McCarthy, ( run, or throw long) where signs that he wanted something new, even if he didn't know exactly what that would be, after watching him now in the 2nd year of this change it's pretty clear this scheme has matched up well with his idea or vision of something new.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
12 Jan 2021 11:11

Whose video is this? I'd like to see what he has to say about Rodgers in the post season.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
17 Jan 2021 23:18
OMG! :lol:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
18 Jan 2021 07:22

Whose video is this? I'd like to see what he has to say about Rodgers in the post season.
Well so far he has only one game. I would say overall he played good. The Rams dared us to run like the Panthers did. Only difference is we STUCK with the run. We didn't force the pass. I would say Rodgers played pretty good, but he will likely need to play better these upcoming weeks if we want to go where we want to go.

Decision Making:

I think there were probably 3 plays that really stand out on his decision making being poor.

1. Both passes into the endzone before half. The ball to Lazard especially was bad. There were two people there and no ball really could have been put in that spot. The 2nd ball to MVS was at least a better look. It was single coverage but I think Rodgers low-lined the throw which allowed the DB to get it....whereas putting the ball over the DB's head and only where MVS could get it would have been better. He was honestly very lucky those won't picked. They should have been intercepted.

2. He had Aaron Jones on the 2 pt. conversion he just didn't see him until it was too late.

Inaccurate Throws:

I would say his larger issue was inaccuracy. We see this from time to time where he is just off and I would classify this game as one of those.

1. The throw to Q on the first drive was behind.
2. The throw to MVS in the endzone was a bit high.
3. The throw to Adams before half was waaaay behind.
4. The throw to MVS on the 95 yard TD was overthrown.
5. The throw to MVS on the 3rd and 3 WR screen was behind and forced MVS to adjust. Honestly a FANTASTIC play by MVS to pick up that 3rd down on his own.

There were also some "Holy Sh*t! moments"

1. The quick dart to Adams on the TD. (gold)
2. The pump fake to Floyd to run into the endzone
3. The evasion and hitting Tonyan in stride before the half.
4. The ball to Lazard twice in one drive to evade defenders for the safety and get the 1st down and then the LASER to Lazard down the right sideline

Like I said. He was decent. He had a lot of great plays. But he also had about 7 plays that were pretty bad. 2 were decision mistakes and 5 for sure were accuracy issues. The problem with the 5 listed above is only one of them ended up "not mattering" because he was able to get the ball to Q like 2 plays later.

I know some here don't like it when I point at Rodgers bad plays. And again he didn't play bad. It wasn't a negative grade game, but he has to play better these next two. And honestly that is expected. I mean it's the NFCCG and Super Bowl. Like this is time to play your best ball or you will lose.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
18 Jan 2021 07:42
Pugger wrote:
18 Jan 2021 07:22

Well so far he has only one game. I would say overall he played good. The Rams dared us to run like the Panthers did. Only difference is we STUCK with the run. We didn't force the pass. I would say Rodgers played pretty good, but he will likely need to play better these upcoming weeks if we want to go where we want to go.

Decision Making:

I think there were probably 3 plays that really stand out on his decision making being poor.

1. Both passes into the endzone before half. The ball to Lazard especially was bad. There were two people there and no ball really could have been put in that spot. The 2nd ball to MVS was at least a better look. It was single coverage but I think Rodgers low-lined the throw which allowed the DB to get it....whereas putting the ball over the DB's head and only where MVS could get it would have been better. He was honestly very lucky those won't picked. They should have been intercepted.

2. He had Aaron Jones on the 2 pt. conversion he just didn't see him until it was too late.

Inaccurate Throws:

I would say his larger issue was inaccuracy. We see this from time to time where he is just off and I would classify this game as one of those.

1. The throw to Q on the first drive was behind.
2. The throw to MVS in the endzone was a bit high.
3. The throw to Adams before half was waaaay behind.
4. The throw to MVS on the 95 yard TD was overthrown.
5. The throw to MVS on the 3rd and 3 WR screen was behind and forced MVS to adjust. Honestly a FANTASTIC play by MVS to pick up that 3rd down on his own.

There were also some "Holy Sh*t! moments"

1. The quick dart to Adams on the TD. (gold)
2. The pump fake to Floyd to run into the endzone
3. The evasion and hitting Tonyan in stride before the half.
4. The ball to Lazard twice in one drive to evade defenders for the safety and get the 1st down and then the LASER to Lazard down the right sideline

Like I said. He was decent. He had a lot of great plays. But he also had about 7 plays that were pretty bad. 2 were decision mistakes and 5 for sure were accuracy issues. The problem with the 5 listed above is only one of them ended up "not mattering" because he was able to get the ball to Q like 2 plays later.

I know some here don't like it when I point at Rodgers bad plays. And again he didn't play bad. It wasn't a negative grade game, but he has to play better these next two. And honestly that is expected. I mean it's the NFCCG and Super Bowl. Like this is time to play your best ball or you will lose.
I am less concerned about the offense being on their A game. I have full confidence in the Packers offense and whatever schemes are instituted by the Packers offense on Sunday.

It's the defense that will win or lose the NFCCG game for the Packers. That's where the primary consternation lies ............ IMHO. But regardless.....WE CAN DO THIS, WE MUST DO THIS, and WE WILL DO THIS!

GO PACK GO!!

“You defeat defeatism with confidence.” Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
18 Jan 2021 08:28

I am less concerned about the offense being on their A game. I have full confidence in the Packers offense and whatever schemes are instituted by the Packers offense on Sunday.

It's the defense that will win or lose the NFCCG game for the Packers. That's where the primary consternation lies ............ IMHO. But regardless.....WE CAN DO THIS, WE MUST DO THIS, and WE WILL DO THIS!

GO PACK GO!!

“You defeat defeatism with confidence.” Vince Lombardi
I completely disagree. If our offense performs, our defense will do its part because they will be playing with a lead.

Our last 5 playoff losses the Packers had 10 points or less at halftime which went into the opponent's hands. I'm not "worried" about our offense but I am absolutely not worried about our defense either.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
18 Jan 2021 07:42
Honestly, only one person seemed to mind when you brought it up, but you're really going after it over-dramatically. You said during the gameday thread at one point that nervous you was gone and it's all optimistic, but here you are nitpicking Rodgers' game saying he'll have to play better to win.

No he won't. I mean maybe he will. But the whole fun of this game was that we dominated and Rodgers made a couple bad decisions. All of this "we'll need to do better if" stuff needs to stop. The games we played against the Rams and Titans would beat any team in the NFL. We were clearly the best full-game performance of the divisional weekend, and it wasn't close.

You gotta chill, man. Rodgers is allowed to make 4-7 imperfect throws in a game. And what happened Sunday certainly doesn't deserve the amount of attention you've given it here on the forum.

We're all good saying "hey great, we dominated and won even without a perfect game from Rodgers." It's fine to split hairs between a drop and an inaccurate throw. But give it a rest. We don't "need more" from Rodgers. We're playing the best football in the league and all we need is to play our game and keep it up and probably get some breaks.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

With 2 TDs, Rodgers will tie Brett Favre for 3rd all-time post-season TDs at 44
With 3 TDs, Rodgers will tie Joe Montana for 2nd all-time post-season TDs with 45

With 25 TDs, Rodgers can tie Tom Brady for most all-time post-season TDs at 77, assuming he gets no more against us Sunday.

Two of those seem achievable this week!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
19 Jan 2021 13:04
With 2 TDs, Rodgers will tie Brett Favre for 3rd all-time post-season TDs at 44
With 3 TDs, Rodgers will tie Joe Montana for 2nd all-time post-season TDs with 45

With 25 TDs, Rodgers can tie Tom Brady for most all-time post-season TDs at 77, assuming he gets no more against us Sunday.

Two of those seem achievable this week!
F that. Let's get all three.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Some interesting insight, maybe new, on the subject. Also a nice brag piece for Gil (not that he doesn't deserve to).
https://www.nfl.com/news/the-inside-sto ... -nfl-draft
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

paco wrote:
21 Jan 2021 12:41
Some interesting insight, maybe new, on the subject. Also a nice brag piece for Gil (not that he doesn't deserve to).
https://www.nfl.com/news/the-inside-sto ... -nfl-draft
Someone with ties to some of the teams once said that a big part of the reason why Rodgers fell was because many of the teams picking in the teens just flat-out did not expect him to be available, so a combination of teams not fully scouting him and/or not wanting to deviate from their plans going into the draft for how they were going to use their picks was, some have said, a huge part of the reason why things shook out like that.

For my part, I have no idea how one particular team with two first-round picks and a need at QB could pass up the guy who many thought was the #1 QB in the draft twice. :messedup: Like, at least use one of those 1st's to roll the dice on a huge potential pay-off....
Spoiler
LOL VIKES!! :rotf:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto