Rams @ Packers - NFCD Playoff GDT - 1/16 - 3:35 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

My only three fears for this game:
  • Sometimes Donald will be blocked by Patrick
  • Chance that the run D just doesn't show and Cam Akers eats our lunch like he did the Seahawks'
  • The coaching familiarity has any sort of negative impact on our success.
I know the secondary battles with them having Ramsey and us having Jaire and the WR matchups are going to be interesting and fun to watch. I'm excited to see how all of that plays out. But I think how those three items go--containing Donald, decent run D, and coaching--will be key. I guess that's sort of obvious.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
11 Jan 2021 08:57
Every time Ramsey stays outside on MVS, Davante is gonna get the look. In that scenario, I'd send MVS streaking every time too just to tire Ramsey out. :lol:
I want to get Ramsey involved early, target him. Both like put Davante on him on some big crossers through traffic, don't be afraid to target Davante if Ramsey is 1 on 1, especially on some nice double route, developing concepts, assuming we have time to pull that off.

And he try to get MVS deep once or twice on some backside posts.

Don't be afraid of him like we were in 2014 and Richard Sherman.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
11 Jan 2021 09:39
My only three fears for this game:
  • Sometimes Donald will be blocked by Patrick
  • Chance that the run D just doesn't show and Cam Akers eats our lunch like he did the Seahawks'
  • The coaching familiarity has any sort of negative impact on our success.
I know the secondary battles with them having Ramsey and us having Jaire and the WR matchups are going to be interesting and fun to watch. I'm excited to see how all of that plays out. But I think how those three items go--containing Donald, decent run D, and coaching--will be key. I guess that's sort of obvious.
Number 3 concerns me a little bit. LaFleur has shown a little bit of little brother syndrome with Shanahan. Hopefully it is just an afterthought with McVey.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah.

Stop the run game.

Don't have STs or our offense screw up to give them bonus points.

Hold them under 21 which should be doable if we do #1 and #2 above (the Rams scored 14 points based on #1 and #2 above vs a weaker defense)

Have one of either Aaron Rodgers, Aaron Jones, or Davante Adams just play great.

There is your winning formula.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NorCalPacker
Reactions:

Post by NorCalPacker »

There's been some talk from LaFluer that he could deploy our O-line with match-ups in mind. This isn't how O-line play usually works in the NFL, but I'm thinking if there was ever a week where it might make sense it could be vs Aaron Donald and the Rams. The question is does it make sense to move Billy Turner back to RG so that the interior is the most fortified as possible vs Donald and you take your chances with Yosh Nijman and Mercedes Lewis vs the Leonard Floyd and the other OLB/DEs of the Rams.

I think we see a wrinkle or two from the Packers this week, whether its a realignment of the O-line compared to our last game or a heavy dose of AJ Dillon or something else surprising I think we see some more juice from a coaching matchup stand point from our Staff that had a week to self scout and watch the other NFC games.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

NorCalPacker wrote:
11 Jan 2021 11:26
I think we see a wrinkle or two from the Packers this week, whether its a realignment of the O-line compared to our last game or a heavy dose of AJ Dillon or something else surprising I think we see some more juice from a coaching matchup stand point from our Staff that had a week to self scout and watch the other NFC games.
Tavon Austin revenge game.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

With Goff's thumb, hoping for some crappier weather. Guy definitely isn't a cold weather QB, or a good one, and if he can't grip the ball properly whether if be a bit wet, or windy, he probably won't have a good day.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
11 Jan 2021 11:51
With Goff's thumb, hoping for some crappier weather. Guy definitely isn't a cold weather QB, or a good one, and if he can't grip the ball properly whether if be a bit wet, or windy, he probably won't have a good day.
We don't want wind. That really is the disadvantage to us because we rely on the deeper passing game.

They don't pass deep anyways. It is looking like it will be dry. High in mid 20's and cloudy for now.

Cold is usually enough to make injuries feel miserable. I will be content with mid 20's.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
11 Jan 2021 11:52
BF004 wrote:
11 Jan 2021 11:51
We don't want wind. That really is the disadvantage to us because we rely on the deeper passing game.

They don't pass deep anyways. It is looking like it will be dry. High in mid 20's and cloudy for now.

Cold is usually enough to make injuries feel miserable. I will be content with mid 20's.
I agree. Wind hurts us more than almost any other team left in the playoffs with the exception of Kansas City.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Right now wind looks to be reasonable.

Anywhere from 5 to 15 mph.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I'm not calling for a monsoon, but Aaron can handle it, just like the first bears game.

Definitely will hurt the Rams more if they legit can't target a WR more than 15 yards downfield.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Aaron still has enough arm to throw pretty well in the wind, however the ball will still move a little as it travels to the receiver, so it's not just the thrower we have to worry about, it's also the catcher, and as we know our main deep threat drops even perfectly thrown balls with zero wind, I think we'll have to pass to beat the Rams, I'd love to be wrong about this though ;)

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
11 Jan 2021 12:17
Aaron still has enough arm to throw pretty well in the wind, however the ball will still move a little as it travels to the receiver, so it's not just the thrower we have to worry about, it's also the catcher, and as we know our main deep threat drops even perfectly thrown balls with zero wind, I think we'll have to pass to beat the Rams, I'd love to be wrong about this though ;)
I think we will be in trouble if we can't get the run game going. Or at least enough to make me more nervous. We have built this offense to be a running unit and golly they need to turn up now. Our team is built for this time of year of football. Now it's about executing and playing to that style of football.

If Aaron Jones is easily able to bounce to the outside consistently....I don't see how we don't win.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
11 Jan 2021 12:09
I'm not calling for a monsoon, but Aaron can handle it, just like the first bears game.

Definitely will hurt the Rams more if they legit can't target a WR more than 15 yards downfield.
Precisely my thoughts as well. I would think the wind would hurt the Rams more than us. It isn't like they have a better running game than we do. Rodgers is a much better passer than Goff.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Quick dive into what the Rams did this year. 10-6 overall.

Played the NFCE and went 4-0 all within the first 5 weeks of the season.
Played the AFCE and went 1-3, only managing to beat the Patriots.
Got swept by the 49ers and split the series with the Seahawks.
Signature win came in Tampa Bay. 3-3 after that to close the year.

Not a super impressive slate, but you can only play the games that are in front of you.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The Rams have allowed their opponent to score more than 20 points only 8 times this season.

When the opposing offense scores more than 20 points, the Rams are 2-5. The Rams also split with the Seahawks and went 1-1 when the Hawks scored 20 points.

The Bills put up the most points vs the Rams with 35 points.

The Rams scored more than 24 points only 4 times during 2020 and once in the playoffs. Though the playoffs point total was supplemented with a pick 6.
Last edited by go pak go on 11 Jan 2021 13:42, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

NCF wrote:
11 Jan 2021 13:24
Played the AFCE and went 1-3, only managing to beat the Patriots.
Their most recent road trip to a cold weather locale was a battle with the NYJets in December...and they lost

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... 200ram.htm
IT. IS. TIME

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Gotta feel like if our offense can put up 24 points....we should be feeling really good our chances.
Yoop wrote:

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

Yeah, that's why I'm not getting all hyped up on the "#1 defense in the league" angle. When they've played good QB's this year, they've looked like an average defense.