Buccaneers @ Packers - NFCC Playoff GDT - 1/24 - 2:05 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Bogey wrote:
20 Jan 2021 18:12
Trudge wrote:
20 Jan 2021 17:47
It's time for some Legend Larry's. Headed down for the game. Go Pack!
Do you have tickets?
Nah, seems everything is taken.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I think I figured out the common denominator to my nagging worry. What is the one thing that the Buccaneers, Colts, and Vikings have in common on defense? Really good ILBs. Is that Aaron's kryptonite?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

One thing that is encouraging: The Buccaneers only beat 1 team with a winning record before last Sunday's game. The Packers. I call that an aberration!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Jan 2021 19:49
I think I figured out the common denominator to my nagging worry. What is the one thing that the Buccaneers, Colts, and Vikings have in common on defense? Really good ILBs. Is that Aaron's kryptonite?
Yeah Herman tried to play this too.

I don't know how much I can get with that because we beat the Bears twice. We beat the Saints, Jaguars and the 49ers. We also crushed the Vikings Week 1 and put up well over 30 points vs the Colts. All those teams have great ILBs. I do think ILBs give Rodgers trouble no doubt. But the 2nd Vikings loss I still attribute more to the wind and the loss to the Colts more to turnovers by MVS and Shepherd; along with near forced turnovers by the Packers that were missed.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I haven't finished it yet but this is really, really good.

These guys are really knowledgeable and can relay facts 10+ years ago at an alarming accuracy for not being "fans" of the team. Feel free to skip ahead until Nagler comes on as guest.

Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

BF004 wrote:
20 Jan 2021 18:13
What do you do during the games?
Sorry, missed this earlier.

I'm game-day Fan Assistance supervisor. My "headquarters" is the Fan Assistance office by Section 109. Coordinate wheelchair runners, gate greeters and a few other staffers on the lower and upper concourses. This season one of the staffers at Fan Assistance 109 is my wife. Which makes me, theoretically, her boss. Yeah, that doesn't work so well in practice. The next order I give her will be the first. And last. :shock: :lol:
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I cant imagine the team playing as poorly as they did. They came out last time around and dominated their man defense. They switched to a heavy zone blitz scheme and dominated us. The scheme was terrible in the run and pass. I cant see Lafleur goin with that &%$@ outside running scheme again. I cant imagine Rodgers throwing essentially 2 pick sixes. I cant see the passing game panicking and taking shots after being shell shocked by the picks. I expect the offense to hum.

The defense on the other hand I have my concerns about. I hope Pettine comes out and and runs a ton of press man cover one with Savage roaming underneath. History says he plays off zone and Brady dominates that. Press man gives our pass rush a chance to make him turtle up. Off zone and they have little chance. Im also really concerned about the run defense if we dont play Snacks on early downs with Clark.

I think we beat them because we're just better but we will need to maintain a lead like most of the games we played. I think whoever has the lead after the first possession of the 2nd half wins. Oddly specific I know but I think that is the win condition.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Weather report still fairly consistent.

Temp in the upper 20's. Strong chance of snow in the morning and tapering off around noon or slightly later.

More likely than not, snow will be tapering off and ending at and during the game.
Yoop wrote:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
21 Jan 2021 00:48
The defense on the other hand I have my concerns about. I hope Pettine comes out and and runs a ton of press man cover one with Savage roaming underneath. History says he plays off zone and Brady dominates that. Press man gives our pass rush a chance to make him turtle up. Off zone and they have little chance. Im also really concerned about the run defense if we dont play Snacks on early downs with Clark.
I kinda think Pettine will begin the game playing the same off-man coverages that drive us nuts but then kinda dial in after a few drives as he learns what the Bucs are trying to do. If the Bucs are going run heavy to open the game, the off coverages may prove effective as the defense can rally to the ball. If it's the quick pass dink-and-dunk as I suspect it will be, there may be initial success before Pettine starts tightening things up and making things difficult on Brady.

The Bucs have some dangerous weapons so Pettine has his work cut out. I just hope he doesn't go full Pettine and play yet another conservative strategy that allows the Bucs to hold onto the ball for extended drives and keeps the Packer offense idling on the sideline.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
20 Jan 2021 20:49

These guys are really knowledgeable and can relay facts 10+ years ago at an alarming accuracy for not being "fans" of the team. Feel free to skip ahead until Nagler comes on as guest.

long, I couldn't finish and will hope to get back to it again later too, what caught my attention is that in todays NFL the more receivers you have that can get open in a 2 count which will usually beat a 4 man rush package the better off you are.

and experience for Rodgers in MLF's schemes and Matts ability to scheme receivers open is night and day better then last year, thanks for bringing the vid :aok:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Keys:
1. Hit Brady.
2. Hit Brady often.
3. Hit Brady hard.
4. Run the ball North-South. (It's January!)

I was impressed with MLF's schemes last week in virtually reducing the number of defenders in the box, or at least making them less effective. When they only had 5 on 5, it was easy for our OLine to win. Let's do that again.

The blitzing is the thing, right? We have to be able to neutralize that effectively. I don't expect Rogers to stay as clean as last week. But give him 3 seconds on most plays and he's going to make it work.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah the Bucs blitz a lot. It would be our hope that MLF can come up with counters to beat that blitz.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
21 Jan 2021 09:41
Yeah the Bucs blitz a lot. It would be our hope that MLF can come up with counters to beat that blitz.
He already has. Like you said in another post. Chicago gave him the blueprint. The jet motions and all of the pre-snap stuff that they didn't do against Tampa the first time because Ervin had just been injured is the key. It isn't too often Rodgers is shocked by blitz and that happened in Tampa. It won't again. If they are coming, Rodgers will know pre-snap and that makes a world of difference.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
21 Jan 2021 09:51
go pak go wrote:
21 Jan 2021 09:41
He already has. Like you said in another post. Chicago gave him the blueprint. The jet motions and all of the pre-snap stuff that they didn't do against Tampa the first time because Ervin had just been injured is the key. It isn't too often Rodgers is shocked by blitz and that happened in Tampa. It won't again. If they are coming, Rodgers will know pre-snap and that makes a world of difference.
FOX showed a graphic of Rodgers under the blitz this year last Saturday. It was considerably worse. Like his passer rating normally is like in the 110's and under blitz it's in the 90's. I wonder if they exclude the two pick 6's though in Tampa the graphic would look very different.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
21 Jan 2021 08:44
Keys:
1. Hit Brady.
2. Hit Brady often.
3. Hit Brady hard.
4. Run the ball North-South. (It's January!)

I was impressed with MLF's schemes last week in virtually reducing the number of defenders in the box, or at least making them less effective. When they only had 5 on 5, it was easy for our OLine to win. Let's do that again.

The blitzing is the thing, right? We have to be able to neutralize that effectively. I don't expect Rogers to stay as clean as last week. But give him 3 seconds on most plays and he's going to make it work.
agreed, "this is the time" to make the investment at pass rusher well spent, we have to pressure Brady, I always say coverage trumps pass rush, but this is one of those cases where I'am not so sure thats true, if a great QB has a few receivers that can beat coverage quickly that QB will get them the ball, and the Bucs have a bunch of em, so to me the best way to stop that is to bring the pressure fast, stunts and blitzes, I'd rather sacrifice some under neath coverage to get heat on Brady, hell he's going to beat that underneath coverage anyway, might as well gambling with more pressure, Pettine needs to dial up pressure imho.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/packers-in ... 25522.html

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
20 Jan 2021 20:49

Yeah, that was really fun.

I feel like Nagler would be a guy I just hate if he liked a different team, but I love him on our side. :lol:

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Packers' investment in pass-rushers could provide ultimate reward vs. Bucs
Zach Kruse
January 20, 2021 11:40 pm

The Green Bay Packers’ massive investment in pass-rushers has an opportunity to provide the ultimate reward against Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The NFC Championship Game might come down to whether or not the Packers can put consistent pressure on Brady, the 43-year-old quarterback with six Super Bowl titles.

GM Brian Gutekunst spent significant capital – both in terms of dollars and draft picks – preparing for a moment much like this one. Signing Za’Darius Smith and Preston Smith as free agents in 2019, drafting Rashan Gary with the 12th overall pick in 2019, and re-signing Kenny Clark ahead of the 2020 season were all notable investments in the disruptive ability of the Packers’ defensive front.

Now, the four can pave the Packers’ path to Super Bowl LV.

Defensive coordinator Mike Pettine may attempt to blitz Brady. Pressure in the matchup is paramount; Brady’s splits while operating from a clean pocket and under pressure are staggering.

The Packers only pressured Brady five times in the first meeting. He picked them apart.

Two factors worth noting from Week 6: Clark was playing in his first game back from a groin injury and wasn’t yet fully healthy, and Gary played just 17 snaps. Clark is now healthy and back to dominating the interior, while Gary has emerged as a legitimate difference-maker as an edge rusher to end his second season.

The two could be vital for the rematch. Getting inside pressure is key against any quarterback, but it’s especially important against Brady. Clark can collapse the pocket with power and use his quickness to win on stunts and in one-on-one battles against guards and centers. Za’Darius Smith might be at his best when rushing inside, and Gary’s consistent performance on the edge should give Pettine opportunities to slide Smith inside for advantageous rushing opportunities against lesser blockers.

It’s hard to see a way for the Packers to beat Brady and the Bucs without a big afternoon from the pass-rushers. Tampa Bay is loaded with weapons in the passing game, and Brady is among the best in the business at distributing the football from clean pockets. Give him enough time, and he’s going to find Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Rob Gronkowski, Antonio Brown, Tyler Johnson and Scotty Miller for big plays.

But the Packers should be entering Sunday with a sense of optimism about getting to Brady. Pettine’s defense got through a strong offensive line and pressured Jared Goff on nearly 50 percent of dropbacks in the divisional round. Clark is starting to take over games. Gary has been one of the best edge rushers in football over the last month. Za’Darius Smith is good for 3-4 great pressures every game. Even Preston Smith is finding ways to impact games, even when he isn’t getting to the quarterback. And it’s possible Kinglsey Keke will be back after missing games with a concussion.

The Packers did considerable work to rebuild their pass-rush over the last two years. On Sunday, the group assembled by Gutekunst has a chance to stamp the Packers’ ticket to Tampa Bay. Get to Brady, get to Super Bowl LV.
The Packers only pressured Brady five times in the first meeting. He picked them apart.
This right here is very telling. You cannot let Brady just sit and get comfortable, you must pressure him at all times. He don't have the legs anymore, but if you give him time in the pocket he's going to make you pay.
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Jan 2021 19:33
I think I feel Rodgers will come into this one tight and will struggle for a half... I don't know why I feel that way.
I also feel this way too Pckfn. I don't know why, and I wish I didn't. Hope I'm wrong.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

TheGreenMan wrote:
21 Jan 2021 10:16
Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Jan 2021 19:33
I think I feel Rodgers will come into this one tight and will struggle for a half... I don't know why I feel that way.
I also feel this way too Pckfn. I don't know why, and I wish I didn't. Hope I'm wrong.
It's happened before and kind of a lot. I don't buy it for this time. Too experienced, too zen, he's got this.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Back to the Tramon thing.

I know we are saying props and praises to Gute for this signing....but also need to give a shoutout to the Baltimore Ravens for a super classy move.

They clearly knew what they were doing when they released Tramon Williams. And based on our relationship with the Ravens in the front office...I'm sure there was communication on all ends prior to Tramon being released on Monday.
Yoop wrote: