Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004 wrote:
25 May 2021 12:31
Let's make an attempt to keep it civil and discuss the topic, not posters.

I am often guilty of it myself, but we are all on the same team here. We can all do better. :beer2:
BF004's Getting Upset!!!

DON'T MESS WITH, BF004!!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
25 May 2021 13:14
BF004 wrote:

I am often guilty of it myself, but we are all on the same team here. We can all do better. :beer2:
BF004 Getting Upset!!!

DON'T MESS WITH, BF004!!
Pckfn23 mad!

Pckfn23 smash!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 May 2021 11:45

So if we're going here my comments risk derailing and getting more into some podium stuff (whatever we call that now).

But I'll start with the TB situation. First of all, no, he's not running the team. I think we are FAR overrestimating what it means to have a couple friends want to come play for your team in terms of control. Rodgers, likely, has greater control of the on-field product given the way MLF worked with him to customize the scheme over their first offseason together, to be honest. Brady is also encouraging and walking the walk on negotiating with the team on OTAs, but so is Tretter with the Browns and so could have Rodgers when he was present and working as the player rep. Brady is not showing us that players can have management roles in any way that I can discern. Which teams are saying "no" when your QB's talented buddies want to play on a discount for you? That's not management; that's popularity.

I didn't say he was running it. Nor am I advocating for that. Importantly, I think (most) players would rather PLAY and focus on their craft without the annoyance of assuming all management responsibilities. But again, the key IMO is to strike some kind of balance between {that}... and the present system where we have gotten a bit too comfortable with disposing of the people who sacrificed the most for the Org.

**edit** ... or it could just be as simple as an overhaul of the NFLPA and making it a better union.

While we are not privy to the details, it does appear to me that there was some kind of symbiosis there. Bruce Arians commented on how at times he just kind of sat back and had Brady instruct the players. And of course, actively recruiting guys like Gronk, Brown, etc.

Sure, you can say that it's just part-and-parcel of having a guy like Brady, but let's not forget that no small part of the attraction for Tom was going to a team where he could enjoy greater privileges than he could under the yoke of GM-Coach Belichick.

But more broadly, this is the failure of the modern labor movement--the leadership in unions, the top negotiators, started working toward goals that are incongruent with their members' goals. This is an across the board phenomenon, not just football, but I've been writing about the NFLPA's abandonment of player priorities in the quest for larger revenue shares since 2006. Just huge missed opportunities in these negotiations.

(...)

The "middle ground" we speak of is there to be found, if collectively bargained. The players just need to find leadership who are actually bargaining for what they want.
FOR SURE! And yeah, not just as it relates to football.

I don't really know enough about the NFLPA to say much here. Not all unions are made equal. Some unions do a great job at some things, but are weak in other areas, while other unions yet have the opposite issues, and I just do not know enough about the NFLPA in particular to critique it with accuracy. My impression is that it's pretty lousy, but I am not sure to what extent that is true or not. :idn:
Last edited by Labrev on 25 May 2021 13:49, edited 1 time in total.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

For those smooth brains who didn't get the reference.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
25 May 2021 13:21

everyone got your message, and there is nothing wrong with anything Labrev, Yoho, or I have said.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
25 May 2021 13:32
BF004 wrote:

everyone got your message, and there is nothing wrong with anything Labrev, Yoho, or I have said.
I am aware everyone got the message and chose to ignore it on the next 10 posts, derailing the thread.

I was specifically clarifying the refence.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 May 2021 12:45
Yoop wrote:
25 May 2021 12:37
go pak go wrote:
25 May 2021 12:24
:)
I never talk about anyone in the 3rd person, I never ask people questions I already know the answer to, and he does it all the time, the reason it doesn't bother you is that he hasn't done it to you
Pckfn23 doesn't talk to people in the 3rd person. Pckfn23 is not sure if yoop understands what talking in the 3rd person is. Pckfn23 is also asking clarifying questions, not questions Pckfn23 already know the answers to. Many on this board would agree with Pckfn23 that yoop's responses need clarifying.
:rotf: :rotf:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
25 May 2021 13:46
Yoop wrote:
BF004 wrote:

I am aware everyone got the message and chose to ignore it on the next 10 posts, derailing the thread.

ahhh, well the smooth brains part went right over my head, I'am so dense ya know, union talk is part of this though don't you think? after all Rodgers quit as the team rep because of the way the vote went, and his actions ( possibility of trade prior to end of contract) point that out.

I just don't the convo derailing the topic.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop wrote:
25 May 2021 14:32
BF004 wrote:
25 May 2021 13:46
Yoop wrote:

ahhh, well the smooth brains part went right over my head, I'am so dense ya know, union talk is part of this though don't you think? after all Rodgers quit as the team rep because of the way the vote went, and his actions ( possibility of trade prior to end of contract) point that out.

I just don't the convo derailing the topic.
Seriously, just read my words and don't guess at what I'm trying to say. I do attempt to carefully choose my words.
BF004 wrote:

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

I didn't realise in Love's last season of play he had 20 TDs and 17 ints. Really poor awareness on tape against college def.

Appreciate the memories things going to be different.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

bud fox wrote:
25 May 2021 17:42
I didn't realise in Love's last season of play he had 20 TDs and 17 ints. Really poor awareness on tape against college def.

Yeah, he had a crap year under a new head coach having lost to graduation his whole OLine, his TE, and his top 2 or 3 WRs. The new coach was former Badgers coach Gary Anderson... not the best reputation for offenses

The prior year he threw 32 TDs and 6 INTs and completed 64%

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 May 2021 17:47
bud fox wrote:

Yeah, he had a crap year under a new head coach having lost to graduation his whole OLine, his TE, and his top 2 or 3 WRs. The new coach was former Badgers coach Gary Anderson... not the best reputation for offenses

The numbers are what they are and the throws on tape are aswell.

There is a video on YouTube of his ints in 19 - not pretty. Not seeing safeties, not understanding field and player position. Some very worrying signs.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

bud fox wrote:
25 May 2021 17:54

There is a video on YouTube of his ints in 19 - not pretty. Not seeing safeties, not understanding field and player position. Some very worrying signs.
And the 2018 numbers are what they are and that tape is also recorded.

Both happened.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 May 2021 17:58
bud fox wrote:

And the 2018 numbers are what they are and that tape is also recorded.

Both happened.
Yuh and in the world of numbers and dates which one are we closer to? What is more proximate to present day?

27% uncatchable throws in 2019.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

bud fox wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
25 May 2021 17:47
bud fox wrote:

Seems as if packers are seeing the same signs and that’s why the team is publically saying he “has a long way to go” and is flying out everyone in the org to California to beg back 12
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Love is super talented its just the inconsistencies. The INTs are due to poor decision making. Accuracy isnt much of a problem he just doesnt see the field well which is concerning. He can make all the throws from different platforms and angles.

In the NFL you need to be consistent to sustain drives which is what I think I see him struggling with when I watch him. He will make some damn good throws but you cant miss lurking safeties and LBs looking to undercut passes. Hes got some good mobility too.

Ultimately he is going to need to be greater than the greatest of all time immediately otherwise I think we will see a cascade. I cant imagine Davante sticking around if Love stinks and I think Rodgers is already traded theyre just waiting on June 1st. I think Rodgers knows it as well and is just keeping it under wraps.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Stop saying this is about money. It's not. Rodgers has enough and doesn't strike me as a golddigger like Mayweather. This dude protects his legacy and sees it threatened. He wants to play 5 more years and win 1-2 more SB's to be remembered as better than Favre, Manning & Co., maybe only behind Brady. And since Gute came to us everything points into the direction of gettin rid of Rodgers within 1-2 years...and then he'll be older and his reputation will have suffered, so he won't find a SB contender anymore, so he does exactly what Favre did in 2008: acting before the organization acts to keep the leverage.

I don't say it is right, I don't say it is wrong, I just think that's Aaron's perspective and with that in mind GB has just two options: get rid of Gute or let #12 walk as expensive as possible. I'd fire Gute because I'd sell myself to Rodgers for the next 5 years but that's just my gut feeling and I had it back then with Favre too and I was wrong, so I have to trust the people that are closer and with more information.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

German_Panzer wrote:
26 May 2021 01:45
This dude protects his legacy and sees it threatened.
:dunno:

By destroying it himself?

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Acrobat wrote:
25 May 2021 08:57
Here's a question to ponder:

Would you want the unquestioned leader of your team to be roaming your locker room all season knowing that he resents the front office? Is that potential poison in the locker room?
First, who is the unquestioned leader of this team?