Official 2020 Draft Thread - Day 2 - NO SPOILERS!!!

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 20:47
BF004 wrote:
24 Apr 2020 20:45
YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 20:44

Why won't a power RB contribute as a rookie?
I mean, he could probably take on all those Danny Vitale reps.
Nah, I have a 5th round TE in mind for those.

Look, this is a red zone, short-yardage, and late-game winner for us. He's going to contribute in key situations. He's going to convert some big first downs for us.
Aaron Jones is the best red zone RB we've had since Hornung.

If we don't want to sign Jones, I 100% get that. But again, how does this help us this year? Just a question, because I'm honeslty not really seeing a case where our 1, 2, or 4th round picks help us this year. Like I said, I am not a debbie downer, but damn, I feel like we are just tossing away 2020 right now. Don't resign Bulaga or Martinez, downgrade at both spots. Add nothing to help in the draft. Convince me I'm wrong.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

paco wrote:
24 Apr 2020 20:50
Raptorman wrote:
24 Apr 2020 20:48
So, just to get this straight. The Packer's strength before the draft was QB and RB, and their first two picks are QB and RB?
RB not a strength after this season. I know people hate it, but you don't always fix today's problems in the draft. You fix tomorrows.
I understand that. I don't think they pay Jones what he is going to want. I hope the Vikings don't pay Cook what he is going to want. RB's seem to be almost interchangeable these days and easy to replace. The Panthers screwed up paying Mccafferty.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

BF004 wrote:
24 Apr 2020 20:53
YoHoChecko wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Look, this is a red zone, short-yardage, and late-game winner for us. He's going to contribute in key situations. He's going to convert some big first downs for us.

If we don't want to sign Jones, I 100% get that. But again, how does this help us this year? Just a question, because I'm honeslty not really seeing a case where our 1, 2, or 4th round picks help us this year. Like I said, I am not a debbie downer, but damn, I feel like we are just tossing away 2020 right now. Don't resign Bulaga or Martinez, downgrade at both spots. Add nothing to help in the draft. Convince me I'm wrong.
I don't think you're wrong.

Even if this points to us moving in from Jones.... That's not drafting for the present, but future. I usually get it and I'm usually behind that way of thinking... But we gotta start getting this offense immediate help.

I'm definitely not as mad about this pick compared to the Love one.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Mike Owen, Packers Scout going to be talking on Packers.com
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I guess Williams the ND back was a wasted pick. Hey hey we won’t pay an elite RB, but well use a second on one!
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Miami looking really good right now.
RIP JustJeff

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

BF004 wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Who knows, who is the top-ranked kicker? Could he be next?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
BF004 wrote:

But like, I literally just told you how.

He will get a ton of short-yardage and late-game back. He will finish games for us. He'll run out the clock. He'll convert those key downs. That is how he'll contribute in year one.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

So maybe we should trade jones by week 8 and get a nice pick for him. We might need to draft a long snapper next year.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:01
BF004 wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

He will get a ton of short-yardage and late-game back. He will finish games for us. He'll run out the clock. He'll convert those key downs. That is how he'll contribute in year one.
You putting Jones on the side line in those situations? I want the borderline top 5 RB on the field.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Had we drafted the Ravens draft I would say A+ so far. But because we drafted the way we did it is justifiably Fs across the board.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:00
I guess Williams the ND back was a wasted pick. Hey hey we won’t pay an elite RB, but well use a second on one!
It was a 6th round pick! It may hit or miss, come on, guys... you're just piling on for no reason now.

I've said all offseason that WR and LB are going to be the only likely rookie contributions from this class, and even LB is competing for playing time in sub packages and WR has to win the role.

I am SAD to have missed WR. But every single pick that isn't a WR doesn't need to be trashed.

We should have traded up for one, because the value was gone at both picks.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:01
BF004 wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

I have my doubts he can do any of those things better than Aaron Jones in 2020.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
24 Apr 2020 20:55
paco wrote:
24 Apr 2020 20:50
Raptorman wrote:
24 Apr 2020 20:48
So, just to get this straight. The Packer's strength before the draft was QB and RB, and their first two picks are QB and RB?
RB not a strength after this season. I know people hate it, but you don't always fix today's problems in the draft. You fix tomorrows.
I understand that. I don't think they pay Jones what he is going to want. I hope the Vikings don't pay Cook what he is going to want. RB's seem to be almost interchangeable these days and easy to replace. The Panthers screwed up paying Mccafferty.
this is year 2020, you don't pay for position, you pay for production, thats why players like McCaffery are paid the way they are, or your guy Cooks, if we pay Jones big money that will be the reason why, it's all about production.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:03
Drj820 wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:00
It was a 6th round pick! It may hit or miss, come on, guys... you're just piling on for no reason now.

I've said all offseason that WR and LB are going to be the only likely rookie contributions from this class, and even LB is competing for playing time in sub packages and WR has to win the role.

I am SAD to have missed WR. But every single pick that isn't a WR doesn't need to be trashed.

We should have traded up for one, because the value was gone at both picks.
I was told rbs grow on trees and you can find them anywhere in the draft tho.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

TheGreenMan wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:02
You putting Jones on the side line in those situations? I want the borderline top 5 RB on the field.
You want to give a 5'9" 210 pounder all our RB snaps? Good grief. Williams and Jones were on the field together and Jones has gotten injured several times.

You're all being kinda ridiculous. This isn't even fun.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:03
Yeah, that's a bit ridiculous.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:05
TheGreenMan wrote:
You want to give a 5'9" 210 pounder all our RB snaps? Good grief. Williams and Jones were on the field together and Jones has gotten injured several times.

I think you aren’t calling a spade a spade. Kid may be a star. We have a top 5 back already, rbs don’t take years to develop (could have grabbed one next year, and we have massive holes that we have not filled in any way. It’s okay we are mad. You don’t have to defend the gm wearing a Wisconsin jacket against our anger.

Edit: he may be a great pick, but if we aren’t happy about bc we wanted other needs, that’s cool too.
Last edited by Drj820 on 24 Apr 2020 21:08, edited 1 time in total.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:05
TheGreenMan wrote:

I expect us to trade Jones any minute now, who's got a receiver that needs a RB?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

AJ Dillon talking next on Packers.com
RIP JustJeff