Aaron Rodgers thread 3000

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jun 2021 20:53
Oh $%@# hell, what have I done...
:lol:

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

TheSkeptic wrote:
03 Jun 2021 20:48
Yoop wrote:
03 Jun 2021 20:28
Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jun 2021 20:14
Are you really turning this into another defense of Dom Capers argument?! Holy &%$@... The guy hasn't coached here in 3 seasons and we are on to the 2nd DC after him. I would say it's unbelievable, but it really isn't.

Talk about missing the point... :shock:
your the one that brought Capers into this, the point is the defense sucked more so do to lack of talent, then coaching, thats it.
Yup, Hayward and Hyde sucked and Capers did the right thing by telling this to the front office.

But getting back to AR. From 2008-2014 AR was indeed the most valuable player in the NFL and carried the team more than a QB should have to. Since then he has been above average. Last season he had the best Oline in the league, a top 2 WR and a top 5 RB and a top 5 TE. Plus capable backups at every position except LT. An a decent defense. The word that now best describes AR now is "WAS".
This is hilarious because he is the current MVP with the second best qb season of all time. The oline gets injured plug in players and they still do well - oh I wonder why? 5th round and undrafted wrs and undrafted TE - 48 tds - mmmm I wonder why? Get ready for a rude awakening.

Comments like these lead me to believe that plenty on this forum have not watched a football game Aaron Rodgers hasn't been the QB. You have no idea what standard QB play is and how the level Rodgers is at is so far above everyone else.

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

And look at what AR has accomplished - puffing out his chest and having Packer fans fight amongst ourselves.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Well...I've been a fan since Farve took the helm. 1993 I think it was. So I dont have thing to stand it by since it's been Favre - Rodgers. I tell ya this, Love better be his replacement or there is gonna be alot more hate threads on here.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Gunzaan wrote:
03 Jun 2021 22:09
And look at what AR has accomplished - puffing out his chest and having Packer fans fight amongst ourselves.
get serious, Packer fans been fighting amongst themselves long before Rodgers

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
04 Jun 2021 07:32
Gunzaan wrote:
03 Jun 2021 22:09
get serious, Packer fans been fighting amongst themselves long before Rodgers
Forums without a villian and where everyone agrees are boring :box: :lol:
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

So aside from the Dom Capers talk, what is the next calendar date that we're looking at for Rodgers to either show or no show?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Acrobat wrote:
04 Jun 2021 08:19
So aside from the Dom Capers talk, what is the next calendar date that we're looking at for Rodgers to either show or no show?
June 8th, mandatory OTAs?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Jun 2021 08:30
Acrobat wrote:
I actually think there is a decent shot he shows up. At least better odds than I thought a week ago. I'm not sure what he has to gain by continuing his stance, but I guess we'll see. This is his best chance to blow everything off as "media made too much of it" and not lose a bunch of cash and he kind of seems to thrive on trolling the media. The further he goes, the more obvious it is that the media absolutely made the right amount of it.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
04 Jun 2021 08:48
Pckfn23 wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
I actually think there is a decent shot he shows up. At least better odds than I thought a week ago. I'm not sure what he has to gain by continuing his stance, but I guess we'll see.
I doubt it for the mandatory OTA's, maybe, but 93 K is chump change for Rodgers, and since he knows most of the installs he isn't losing much sitting out, I think he comes back for the start of TC, people are right to say he has no leverage, I expect he'll play out this season and ask for a trade prior to next years draft when there will be plenty of bidding for his services, if he really wanted out he would have had Dunn leak this stuff a month before this last draft.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
04 Jun 2021 08:48
Pckfn23 wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
I actually think there is a decent shot he shows up. At least better odds than I thought a week ago. I'm not sure what he has to gain by continuing his stance, but I guess we'll see. This is his best chance to blow everything off as "media made too much of it" and not lose a bunch of cash and he kind of seems to thrive on trolling the media. The further he goes, the more obvious it is that the media absolutely made the right amount of it.
Agreed, I wouldn't be surprised if a new contract came out just for the sake of a new contract, but it doesn't really do much in terms of extra years or extra cash. Then he shows up on June 8th, does what you say, and everyone saves face.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Oh crap. Thanks guys. Mandatory OTA's then. So we're basically going to be watching Twitter for flight information on Monday.

If he doesn't show up, oh boy this will get interesting.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Acrobat wrote:
04 Jun 2021 09:13
Oh crap. Thanks guys. Mandatory OTA's then. So we're basically going to be watching Twitter for flight information on Monday.

I predict things get interesting.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
04 Jun 2021 09:18
Acrobat wrote:

yep, more likely then he comes cowering back kissy, kissy, all is forgotten, I doubt he or Gutknust speak to each other all season

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

FWIW, Devin Funchess reported he will be at mandatory OTA's on Monday.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
03 Jun 2021 19:36
Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jun 2021 18:35
bud fox wrote:
03 Jun 2021 18:17

Its your strawman
I think you might not understand what a strawman argument is. Either that or you're secretly a tween and that's just how you approach an argument.

My actual argument is that Aaron Rodgers has had a huge impact on the success of the Packers the last 13 seasons. He has been the most talented player in the field. He has also had bad plays, poor games, and mediocre seasons. He is not infallible and he does need a decent team around him to be excellent. The front office has made plenty of mistakes over the years, but no more or less than any other team.

Now, you can yoop that all you want in your own mind, but don't come here and say it is anything other than the above.
blah blah blah, you and GPG are his harshest critics, you guys will over look sins of almost every other player, but never Rodgers, defend coaches, and specially GM's as well,
Are you kidding me? :lol:

I blame the coach for poor play calling and not running the ball when AJ Dillon was hot.
You respond by saying, "get serious. howdo you expetc to run the ball when there are no wholes fer Jones. NoBdoy could do anything that day."

I blame Kevin King for being a complete liability.
You respond by saying "get serious. howdo you expetc to be good in coverage when Kign was injured. Besides our pass rush didn't get to the qb in time whcic allowed the Wrs to get beat deep. Nobody could defend that long."

I blame Zadarius, Preston and Gary for not stepping up when we needed them.
You respond by saying "get serious. howdo you expetc to constantly provide pressure when Pettin doesn't blitz. Only 4 gusy or less are rushig the passer whihc means Brady can sit back all day and pluck us apart."

I blame Pettine for being too vanilla.
You respond by saying "get serious. howdo you expetc pettin to blitz on every play. pass rush only wokrs %40 of the time. It's about covearfge.

I blame Davante Adams and Aaron Jones for not having good games when we needed them most.
You respond by saying "get serious. Adam and jone are the best playesr at there postiions. you can't epxect everyone to be perfect. adams was triple covered all gme and jones had no holes.

I blame Rodgers for not finding players who were literally wideopen at key spots.
You respond by saying "get serious. nobody was open (note above that if Adams was triple covered all game that someone was probably open....and they were). and even ifthey were opern, they werent open when they needed them to be. what you cant udnerstnad is football is timing and the wrs must be open when OUR HERO wants them open. YOu cant expect rodgers to know where the open guys is all the time.

Trust me. I have blamed pretty much everyone to be blamed here and you find a way of defending everyone. It's not the coaches fault because the talent isn't there. It's not the players because the coaching isn't there or you can't expect perfection. I get it. You are a homer and love your coaches and players to death. It's why make the comment that I wish someone had my back like you have Packers operations players backs (cept MVS)

The only consistent thing I have found is the GM sucks at not having a slot and getting depth at tackle and this has been obvious for years. Oh and it is NEVER our hero's fault.

I will say I do overall defend the current GM. I'm not in love with his drafts but 2021 could prove Gute to be either very, very good or not so good. But I defend the current FO up to this point because in my mind, the 2019 and 2020 rosters have been very good.
Last edited by go pak go on 04 Jun 2021 09:39, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
04 Jun 2021 09:28
Drj820 wrote:
04 Jun 2021 09:18
Acrobat wrote:

yep, more likely then he comes cowering back kissy, kissy, all is forgotten, I doubt he or Gutknust speak to each other all season
I'm okay with that. Just win baby. :)
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
04 Jun 2021 09:29
Good. He needs to be.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
04 Jun 2021 09:32
BF004 wrote:
Good. He needs to be.
I believe it will be his first time stepping on the practice field.

Still shocked he isn't at the voluntary OTA's. Maybe not a lot to gain without Aaron there, perhaps a lot with Aaron not there.

Strange.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
04 Jun 2021 09:32
BF004 wrote:
Good. He needs to be.
Surely everybody but maybe the disgruntled QB will be there right?

I kind of hope he isnt there for a while so we can get a real good look at Love with the 1s. We know Rodgers can show up Sept 1 and be just fine.