Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
20 Jul 2021 08:35
Me trying to figure out who's word has more credibility regarding what Aaron Rodgers wants and what has happened this past offseason regarding the Rodgers situation.

Adam Schefter: top ESPN NFL breaking news journalist with thousands of ties and sources to what is going on.

Yoop: man in the upper peninsula who has his obvious theories that change 3 times in a single day to always support his Rodgers homerism.

:dunno: :dunno: :think: :think:
and just stop the personal insults, I don't change my opinions and you aught to know that, I simply reword my opinion so it's easier to understand my view point, your the guy that twist what I say,

ya, given a choice of who to believe I'll side with Rodgers everyday of the week over the likes of Guty and Murphy.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
20 Jul 2021 08:12
Yoop wrote:
19 Jul 2021 15:16
NCF wrote:
19 Jul 2021 14:27

Neither are you. As Packers fans, shouldn't we want what is best for the team and not individual players?
absolutely, thats why I want the FO to stick with Rodgers, and like Rodgers I don't believe thats the plan, everyone acts as though Rodgers is acting this way with no good reason, obviously he doesn't trust Guty and Murphy to allow him to finish his contract here, I don't either.
Won't allow him to finish... hmmm...

For how long would he be the highest paid?

My point is they could have offered him the extension to make him the highest paid in 2021, it would have paid him alot more money in 2021, it would have lessened his cap hit this year and probably next year, and then who knows what happens from there. All the money in the deal that is guranteed could have been paid out next season. Schefters tweet means nothing other than PR from the FO.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

My latest kick. Rodgers shows up to the team but refuses to be the starting QB. He will only be the backup behind Love.

Oooh, or better yet. Rodgers reports to camp. Casually walks up to the podium and "stubs his toe". Medicals come back that he has a broken leg and is out for the season. Reported as healthy the day after the Super Bowl (With Jordan Love hoisting the Lombardi and MVP awards), Rodgers gets traded to the Montreal Alouettes (furthest team from California I could find that's not in the NFL).
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Despite Salty Schefters pessimism, I still think Rodgers is enjoying making people wonder what he is going to do, he thinks of the waiting game as some sort of punishment to the Packers, and in a few weeks he will be at practice in Green Bay, Wi.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
20 Jul 2021 08:56
Yoop wrote:
20 Jul 2021 08:45
go pak go wrote:
Me trying to figure out who's word has more credibility regarding what Aaron Rodgers wants and what has happened this past offseason regarding the Rodgers situation.

Adam Schefter: top ESPN NFL breaking news journalist with thousands of ties and sources to what is going on.

Yoop: man in the upper peninsula who has his obvious theories that change 3 times in a single day to always support his Rodgers homerism.

at least I'am not some naive gullable guy who believes Packer FO people are forth coming with whats real every time they open there mouths.

when Guty said we hoped one of those receivers would drop, I laughed, hardly any of us here thought one would, then to spout that LOVE was BPA I about barfed up my fried chicken.
I actually thought there was a better chance a top 5 WR would drop rather than Kenneth Murray/Patrick Queen to drop past 25.

That's the draft for ya.
if your serious then you have not paid attention to the evolution of NFL offenses, how many teams now are switching to uptempo ball, 2/3rds of the league, and gadget type slot receivers make those schemes work.

now we had the number one offense in the league last year, problem is against Tampa we could not slow down the pass rush, ya don't need to be a rocket scientist to know a shifty slot receiver would have helped Rodgers in that situation, yet you act as though I'am some fool for mentioning that, yes we had a bunch of drops and other issues, but to think another weapon wasn't needed or would help doesn't make sense anyway you say it.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

bud fox wrote:
19 Jul 2021 18:39
This would be different if before the extension packers said to Rodgers look in giving you this contract we have to tell you we may start rebuilding immediately etc. Rodgers would not have signed with the packers if he knew a rebuild was starting.
Immediately? They drafted Love two full seasons after Rodgers signed his latest contract.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

APB wrote:
19 Jul 2021 18:09
@YoHoChecko - I’d give you two Lombardi’s for that post if I could. Absolutely nailed it.
How far back do we have to go to find the post to which you refer?

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Jul 2021 08:25
If I’m Rodgers why would I want to sign another deal with a team that was about to end my current contract short? They only wanted to extend the deal after Rodgers made them like like idiots and won MVP.
You mean they only offered to make him the highest paid player because he was the most valuable player, and if he hadn't been the most valuable player they wouldn't have paid him as if he was? Fancy that.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Yoop wrote:
20 Jul 2021 09:02
go pak go wrote:

and just stop the personal insults, I don't change my opinions and you aught to know that, I simply reword my opinion so it's easier to understand my view point, your the guy that twist what I say,

ya, given a choice of who to believe I'll side with Rodgers everyday of the week over the likes of Guty and Murphy.
OK, now things are starting to fall into place and be understandable - not make sense, but...

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

Yoop wrote:
19 Jul 2021 14:15
you don't care because your not in his shoes, same with APB and the rest of you who only care that he plays and gives us a chance to win, if Love was ready you'd dump Rodgers to the team that could return the best compensation.
I certainly would. Why on earth not? Love's future career is about 15 years longer than Rodgers. If Love isn't good enough, then Rodgers plays till he drops. If Love is good enough, then why not play him?

I can see the reasons for loyalty to Rodgers even if he is past his best; they're the same reasons that were quoted for why Rodgers should never have been drafted, because it was disloyal to Favre. And obviously, if you disagree with the Rodgers pick then, you will disagree with the Love pick now.

But Rodgers is a player, not a manager. His job is to take the money he agreed to and to do his best for the team. We cannot damage the team going forward out of misguided loyalty.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Jul 2021 08:51
Further, his interview last week with Collinsworth and PFF added almost no new insight, which tells me he's not in the inner circles of this information right now. So last week he did an interview with PFF in which he debated whether it's about the money. So a tweet "proving" it is more Schefter maintenance than Rodgers insight to me.
I don't think today's tweet is so much Schefter circling back to "prove" his previous position as it is the inevitable public (albeit anonymous) back-and-forth that goes along with any approaching deadline between teams and players. It's a pressuring move by the organization, that's all. We'll likely see a counter-tweet or leak of some sort very soon from Rodgers' camp to make him look like the reasonable one.

It's a week or so from camp and the there's been no movement. Each side will likely attempt to position itself to look like the "good" guy should this thing really come to a head. Nothing of surprise, really.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Half Empty wrote:
20 Jul 2021 09:17
APB wrote:
19 Jul 2021 18:09
@YoHoChecko - I’d give you two Lombardi’s for that post if I could. Absolutely nailed it.
How far back do we have to go to find the post to which you refer?
Page 117 of this thread, about half way down. :beer2:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

dsr wrote:
20 Jul 2021 09:25
Yoop wrote:
19 Jul 2021 14:15
you don't care because your not in his shoes, same with APB and the rest of you who only care that he plays and gives us a chance to win, if Love was ready you'd dump Rodgers to the team that could return the best compensation.
I certainly would. Why on earth not? Love's future career is about 15 years longer than Rodgers. If Love isn't good enough, then Rodgers plays till he drops. If Love is good enough, then why not play him?

I can see the reasons for loyalty to Rodgers even if he is past his best; they're the same reasons that were quoted for why Rodgers should never have been drafted, because it was disloyal to Favre. And obviously, if you disagree with the Rodgers pick then, you will disagree with the Love pick now.

But Rodgers is a player, not a manager. His job is to take the money he agreed to and to do his best for the team. We cannot damage the team going forward out of misguided loyalty.
there are very few similarity's between the Rodgers draft pick and us taking taking Love, Favre had threatened to retire for several years, Rodgers has never threatened to do that, in fact Rodgers wanted to retire as a Packer and has said that plenty, I didn't disagree with Ted when he drafted Rodgers

last year was arguable Rodgers best season, to say he is on the down side is a bit premature, and the odds of Love ever being even a average QB are roughly 50%, people that think we'll be so lucky to strike gold again with QB's should stay clear of Vegas, I don't think any other team has ever done it.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
20 Jul 2021 09:04
NCF wrote:
Yoop wrote:
19 Jul 2021 15:16

absolutely, thats why I want the FO to stick with Rodgers, and like Rodgers I don't believe thats the plan, everyone acts as though Rodgers is acting this way with no good reason, obviously he doesn't trust Guty and Murphy to allow him to finish his contract here, I don't either.

My point is they could have offered him the extension to make him the highest paid in 2021, it would have paid him alot more money in 2021, it would have lessened his cap hit this year and probably next year, and then who knows what happens from there. All the money in the deal that is guranteed could have been paid out next season. Schefters tweet means nothing other than PR from the FO.
Isn't it still the olive branch many on this forum said they should do?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I just find it too bad that Rodgers can't be in Milwaukee to watch the team he owns win a title.

He should know how hard and rare it is to be at these spots. And yet him being at th Forum would be a distraction.

Personally I just don't see how the benefits outweigh the costs when I put myself in his shoes.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
20 Jul 2021 09:52
Drj820 wrote:
20 Jul 2021 09:04
NCF wrote:

Isn't it still the olive branch many on this forum said they should do?
Even if it is, it doesnt address the issue many on the forum believe that Rodgers is upset about...The scenario I said about does not alter the TL for when the Packers can move off Rodgers. The scenario above does not give Rodgers what we thinks he wants which is control of his future and a gurantee he will be here until he wants to leave.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

Yoop wrote:
20 Jul 2021 09:47
there are very few similarity's between the Rodgers draft pick and us taking taking Love, Favre had threatened to retire for several years, Rodgers has never threatened to do that, in fact Rodgers wanted to retire as a Packer and has said that plenty, I didn't disagree with Ted when he drafted Rodgers

last year was arguable Rodgers best season, to say he is on the down side is a bit premature, and the odds of Love ever being even a average QB are roughly 50%, people that think we'll be so lucky to strike gold again with QB's should stay clear of Vegas, I don't think any other team has ever done it.
The odds may be against signing another Hall of Fame quarterback. But that's not a reason to give up trying, that's a reason to try and try and try again. There is no way on earth any team should be saying "that might be a Hall of fame quarterback, but we don't need one right now" - like they all did with Rodgers all those years ago.

I know Rodgers hasn't threatened to retire, but whether he likes it or not, he is getting older. He was 36 when Love was drafted and will be 41 when Love's first contract runs out. Can we be certain he will be fit and his form will not diminish in that time? It may be premature to say that he is on the downside, but it isn't premature to say that he hasn't many years left. When a man in a key position is leaving any organisation, and it's a position so key that it is very hard to find someone to fill it at all, then the succession plan is crucial and must be put in place early. Then if the replacement proves not to be up to it, you have time to try something different.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Haha, I know the owners of the Fat Seagull.

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-north/green ... ry-baby-12
The Fat Seagull, a bar in downtown Manitowoc, a town just 45 minutes away from Green Bay, called out Rodgers for his indecision and complaints about the franchise with its latest offering. The establishment is now allowing patrons to try its newest tap beer, called the “Cry Baby 12”, in honor of the Packers quarterback.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

go pak go wrote:
20 Jul 2021 09:55
I just find it too bad that Rodgers can't be in Milwaukee to watch the team he owns win a title.

He should know how hard and rare it is to be at these spots. And yet him being at th Forum would be a distraction.

Personally I just don't see how the benefits outweigh the costs when I put myself in his shoes.
I was thinking that too. I wonder how much regret he'll be feeling today that he can't be courtside.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

dsr wrote:
20 Jul 2021 09:57
Yoop wrote:
20 Jul 2021 09:47

The odds may be against signing another Hall of Fame quarterback. But that's not a reason to give up trying, that's a reason to try and try and try again. There is no way on earth any team should be saying "that might be a Hall of fame quarterback, but we don't need one right now" - like they all did with Rodgers all those years ago.

I know Rodgers hasn't threatened to retire, but whether he likes it or not, he is getting older. He was 36 when Love was drafted and will be 41 when Love's first contract runs out. Can we be certain he will be fit and his form will not diminish in that time? It may be premature to say that he is on the downside, but it isn't premature to say that he hasn't many years left. When a man in a key position is leaving any organisation, and it's a position so key that it is very hard to find someone to fill it at all, then the succession plan is crucial and must be put in place early. Then if the replacement proves not to be up to it, you have time to try something different.
he's playing as well or better since 2014, there was no reason to draft his replacement, rather to keep him healthy one of those slot receivers would have helped him stay healthy, get the ball out quicker, as I said, the Tampa coverage and pass rush was a big reason for that loss, and one of those receivers could have helped, Love sitten on the side with street cloths didn't, we all new the time to win a SB with Rodgers was closing, why not draft players to win now versus picks for the future, and the pandemic drives my point home, besides Rodgers we'll probably lose 3 or 4 star players next year, imo this season is our best hope for years to come to win it all.