Claim your longshot!

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Jack Heflin, mostly because no one picked him yet.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Bogey wrote:
23 May 2021 13:15
Nice new avatar Bogey :aok:

I've said it before and I'll say it again (with 2020 hindsight) --> Would have rather seen Bart for 3 downs from the 8 yard line at the north endzone end of the field in the 2020 NFCCG. Or Majik, or Brett or Lynn Dickey. Still very agitating and irritating.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

it's been a sad time for me ever since the day before the draft, my long shot is Aaron Rodgers.

I/We have been so fortunate to have 3 HOF QB's in my lifetime, and I/We thought we'd get a few more years with the 3rd one, then this war of Ego's took center stage, I don't care who is to blame, seems a bit of both are to fault, I just wish bread could be broke and the two sides could mend the differences, it's not as though these HOF type QB's are plentiful, and for the right price ya can just go to the HOF QB store and buy one.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
23 May 2021 14:58
it's been a sad time for me ever since the day before the draft, my long shot is Aaron Rodgers.

I/We have been so fortunate to have 3 HOF QB's in my lifetime, and I/We thought we'd get a few more years with the 3rd one, then this war of Ego's took center stage, I don't care who is to blame, seems a bit of both are to fault, I just wish bread could be broke and the two sides could mend the differences, it's not as though these HOF type QB's are plentiful, and for the right price ya can just go to the HOF QB store and buy one.
Nice troll post. :aok:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
23 May 2021 14:27
Bogey wrote:

I've said it before and I'll say it again (with 2020 hindsight) --> Would have rather seen Bart for 3 downs from the 8 yard line at the north endzone end of the field in the 2020 NFCCG. Or Majik, or Brett or Lynn Dickey. Still very agitating and irritating.
Bart for sure over any of them.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
23 May 2021 14:27
Bogey wrote:
My favorite Packer ever, closely followed by Jimmy Taylor. Also in memory of Just Jeff, whose love for Bart was well known.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Innis Gaines

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
21 May 2021 13:04
I'll be watching Christian Uphoff, but there's already some hype about him so he's really not that much of a longshot.
seems like there is an opening for a new Safety in GB - with Raven Greene departing and Will Redmond hanging by a thread
6 safeties headed to camp

https://www.packers.com/team/players-roster/
IT. IS. TIME

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

TJ Slayton, he is a big, big man. We could use the reinforcements inside.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I'm doubling down on OL and keeping up the love for Simon Stepaniak. Hoping he makes some noise next week.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Bailey Gaither, makes the roster for his special teams value...eventually finds himself in the offensive huddle.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
23 May 2021 15:58
Yoop wrote:
23 May 2021 14:58

Nice troll post. :aok:
the news yesterday is that my long shot just got longer, this place will go bonkers if he retires :swear:

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Juwann Winfree

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

NCF wrote:
23 Jul 2021 16:45
I'm doubling down on OL and keeping up the love for Simon Stepaniak. Hoping he makes some noise next week.
well, he made some noise alright - unfortunately it was kind of a thud-like sound. :mrgreen:
He just never fully recovered from the ACL, I was really looking forward to seeing him maul some defenders
IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

here's a shot of Tipa Gilea, somebody had him down as longshot with a chance

IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

from PackersWire

my super longshot looks like a super-super longshot given how uncomfortable he looks trying to catch a football
Bronson Kaufusi = Edge -> TE convert

IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

salmar80 wrote:
22 May 2021 10:29
I'm claiming Yosh Nijman finally marries his crazy athleticism with technique and plays well at OT at some point.
Good call, Nijman is ascending
IT. IS. TIME

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

BSA wrote:
01 Sep 2021 16:43
salmar80 wrote:
22 May 2021 10:29
I'm claiming Yosh Nijman finally marries his crazy athleticism with technique and plays well at OT at some point.
Good call, Nijman is ascending
Surprised he made the team over Braden. OL with LT athletic ability are rare. I'm thinking Nijman sticks until Bak comes back.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I think Bogey takin Jack Heflin wins it honestly.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

go pak go wrote:
02 Sep 2021 07:17
I think Bogey takin Jack Heflin wins it honestly.
Agree, he came from nowhere.