Packers are signing Whitney Mercilus

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

APB wrote:
21 Oct 2021 16:07
BF004 wrote:
21 Oct 2021 15:11
He's talking with the media now.

Seems like a cool guy. Verifies he took less money and wanted to come to Green Bay.
Probably feels guilty over the last contract he finagled out of Houston... :mrgreen:
Like Jaylon, another guy who is looking to prove himself for a multi-year deal after this season. Being on a successful team with injuries at his position, and a possible better scheme fit than with the Texans, gives him a chance at snaps, at producing and showing his mettle. Even if he took a discount, it can't have been a massive one.

And there's the bonus of being on a contender.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

salmar80 wrote:
21 Oct 2021 16:19
APB wrote:
21 Oct 2021 16:07
BF004 wrote:
21 Oct 2021 15:11
He's talking with the media now.

Seems like a cool guy. Verifies he took less money and wanted to come to Green Bay.
Probably feels guilty over the last contract he finagled out of Houston... :mrgreen:
Like Jaylon, another guy who is looking to prove himself for a multi-year deal after this season. Being on a successful team with injuries at his position, and a possible better scheme fit than with the Texans, gives him a chance at snaps, at producing and showing his mettle. Even if he took a discount, it can't have been a massive one.

And there's the bonus of being on a contender.
Added bonus of either of these guys doing anything this year, proving themselves, we get the comp picks for them.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Oct 2021 14:00
When I saw Mercilus was released I thought it made sense to pursue if he was willing to take the minimum. Hes not a dominant force anymore or anything but hes a veteran presence. Barry clearly wants to play his best edge defenders on 3rd downs. This gives you Mercilus and Garvin on early downs which is a good enough duo to keep Preston and Gary fresh.
Merciless is a pass rusher. Probably the best the Packers have besides Z. He’ll be brought in on 3rd down & long and obvious passing downs.
Love is the answer…

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Foosball wrote:
21 Oct 2021 17:14
lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Oct 2021 14:00
When I saw Mercilus was released I thought it made sense to pursue if he was willing to take the minimum. Hes not a dominant force anymore or anything but hes a veteran presence. Barry clearly wants to play his best edge defenders on 3rd downs. This gives you Mercilus and Garvin on early downs which is a good enough duo to keep Preston and Gary fresh.
Merciless is a pass rusher. Probably the best the Packers have besides Z. He’ll be brought in on 3rd down & long and obvious passing downs.
I think there may be a chance he’s better than Preston here but no way is he better than Gary.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Man I watched Whitney's press conference last night...gosh I love the players we are adding on this team.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.