Packers @ Chiefs GDT: Sunday Nov. 7, 3:25 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Waldo wrote:
06 Nov 2021 13:58
Can't wait to watch Love's first regular season start. At this point he has to be about as ready as he's going to get. If dude can play, he'll look the part.
He should. But I wouldn't put everything into what is a short week (for him in terms of preparation knowing he is starter) under unusual circumstances and only in year 2.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

MVS has been activated from the IR, but David Bakhtiari has not been activated yet....

Looks like it may be another week after all. The Packers have to activate Bakh by Wednesday. They cannot activate him for tomorrow unless he is activated today.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Willink
Reactions:

Post by Willink »

Waldo wrote:
Can't wait to watch Love's first regular season start. At this point he has to be about as ready as he's going to get. If dude can play, he'll look the part.
Likwise. Especially against a schitty defense, and in an offense that is great at scheming easy reads and throws for QBs.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
06 Nov 2021 07:51
I watched the presser and I was annoyed for MLF. I think he was simply more annoyed by the questions the media was asking him. They were questions that MLF has no business or qualification to answer. And also questions he could clearly care less about.

But I think there is that element of wanting to move on from GB's perspective. I mean long run, do you really want to go through every offseason after this being held hostage to Aaron's emotions? Do you want your organization to endure Rodgers going on his version of the "The View" with a super supportive reporters/hosts only allowing Aaron to spill his side and play the victim card every week?
I liked the way it came up in the Davante presser. One reporter opened by saying that Mike McCarthy always said he told his guys not to create questions for the rest of the locker room. And while y'all were at practice today, Rodgers went on Pat McAfee and gave a 46 minute interview that, I know you haven't seen it yet, but it's going to create questions. It's going to make news, big time. How, as a team leader do you handle that and keep focused and whatnot... yada yada.

It was a really solid framing of the question; but yeah, poor MLF was about to punch the media room in the collective face

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Waldo wrote:
Hey [mention]BF004[/mention], this is why I mentioned all that "Rodgers didn't look the part" context from his first two years yesterday.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
06 Nov 2021 15:35
Waldo wrote:
Hey @BF004, this is why I mentioned all that "Rodgers didn't look the part" context from his first two years yesterday.
something I think doesn't get mentioned, McCarthy's ultra conservatism and his penchent for mistake free ball, even Favre argued about that stuff even though it made him better, for Rodgers it probably was like walking on egg shells, if your always worried about screwing up, your bound to screw up, it surely will amount to over thinking and slowing you down which sorta defines how Rodgers played those first two years.

I think MLF is more hands free, I think we saw a player confident in his ability in the PS games this year, looked poised in the pocket and reading the route progressions, hopefully that same player shows up tomorrow.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
Waldo wrote:
Hey @BF004, this is why I mentioned all that "Rodgers didn't look the part" context from his first two years yesterday.
I do have real expectations though.

And my point was in year 2, Rodgers didn’t have a good team, a game plan, or ultimately a very meaningful game. So I wouldn’t compare those two. Definitely closer to the Dallas game for a comparison.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
06 Nov 2021 16:35
YoHoChecko wrote:
Waldo wrote:
I do have real expectations though.

And my point was in year 2, Rodgers didn’t have a good team, a game plan, or ultimately a very meaningful game. So I wouldn’t compare those two. Definitely closer to the Dallas game for a comparison.

:aok:

It’s rediculous to continue to baby Love. He’s been in the system for 2 year now. For two years he’s been getting prepped by Lafleur and been in the room with Rodgers. We shouldn’t make sweeping proclamations about his future career based on his performance, but we should certainly be able to start to make a judgement on whether our eyes tell us he’s got “it” or not. I want to see a performance that can be built on, not one we want to burn the tape on.

He’s got a great coach, game plan, team around him. I want to compete to win this game. If he absolutely prevents us from doing that, I’m going to be spooked about 2022.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Not 2 years.

Love has been a Packer for 1.5 years.

I am looking at the look of his ball. Does it look tight? Does it get there fast? Is it accurate?

I will also be looking at how he commands the huddle. Does he look confident in his cadence? Does he look frazzled?

Finally, I hope we don't see turnovers from him. I think that is largest risk tomorrow.

From what we have seen so far, we know he has an NFL arm. He can make balls zip with very little effort. He also has a very efficient throwing motion which I love and has the ability to throw the ball many different ways.

I expect a lot of "under center" basic 2019 and 2020 MLF plays to make the offense easy. I also expect a lot of PA's and Bootlegs to take advantage of his legs.

I definitely think he has the potential to be set up for success tomorrow.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I mean there is no excuses if Love doesn’t perform. He’s playing a bad defense and he isnt a rookie. I won’t discount it if he plays well because he’s playing a bad defense but if he looks like a bag ass against a bad defense he’s just not that guy.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

lupedafiasco wrote:
06 Nov 2021 17:36
I mean there is no excuses if Love doesn’t perform. He’s playing a bad defense and he isnt a rookie. I won’t discount it if he plays well because he’s playing a bad defense but if he looks like a bag ass against a bad defense he’s just not that guy.

Come on. This game will not close the book on Loves career in either direction. There have been hall of famers lay eggs against bad defenses A 1st start from a kid in his 1st offseason isnt the nail in coffin if he struggles

Now saying that I think he shows he belongs.... Throttles this crap d and any less will be a little concerning. :hide: :lol:

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

go pak go wrote:
06 Nov 2021 05:05
Agreed that Love certainly could be the guy who increases his worth and gets traded away becuase of strong performances.

But as a fan of the Packers, you offer me a guy who is cheaper monetarily, significantly younger and will likely elevate if coached properly in play (as he is likely nowhere near his prime).....I think I want the young guy.

And if I get significantly more trade compensation to boot by trading the older guy....I just don't see why you would keep the older guy.
I agree entirely, and double agree when you consider the older guy is at best noncommittal, more likely reluctant to stop in Green Bay.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

I am so excited to watch Love play tomorrow. Win or lose, the book will not be rewritten on Love based on tomorrow. He's got a long way to go before we get to that point.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
06 Nov 2021 17:43
lupedafiasco wrote:
06 Nov 2021 17:36

Come on. This game will not close the book on Loves career in either direction. There have been hall of famers lay eggs against bad defenses A 1st start from a kid in his 1st offseason isnt the nail in coffin if he struggles

Now saying that I think he shows he belongs.... Throttles this crap d and any less will be a little concerning. :hide: :lol:
I disagree. Rodgers playing well against the Cowboys gave the team the confidence to move on from Brett. If Rodgers played like a bag of ass do you think that still happens?

Make no mistake. This game determines how easy it is to move on from Rodgers or not next year.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Don’t beat me: Somehow I do not hope Love plays lights out for I want Rosgers to stay with the Pack for good. :hide:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

German_Panzer wrote:
07 Nov 2021 01:22
Don’t beat me: Somehow I do not hope Love plays lights out for I want Rosgers to stay with the Pack for good. :hide:
:box:
:horse:

;)

I get it. But I'd personally prefer to a) have a quality QB backup, since AR is not immunized vs injury, and b) having a choice in the off-season. If we have to trade one of them, I'd prefer to be able to squeeze get as much draft capital as we can in exchange. If the one traded ends up being Love, a good audition could be worth a lot...

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
06 Nov 2021 23:03
He's had two years. Can't stop babying him. Definitely something we should be looking out for to determine if he was a good selection or not.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

German_Panzer wrote:
:box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box:
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

German_Panzer wrote:
What I have found with human beings is they get attached to something...until something better comes along.

2008 was all about "We miss Brett!" And then 2009 vs Chicago changed that and 2010 DEFINITELY changed that. And 2011 ABSOLUTELY CEMENTED that.

You will become a Jordan Love fanboy easily if he warrants it.

Root for Jordan Love today. Have fun. Cheer for the Packers.
Yoop wrote: