Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
27 Jan 2022 06:28
lake shark wrote:
26 Jan 2022 21:10
What if Seattle offered Russ Wilson for Rodgers straight up? I’d be down.

Russ gets an O-line. Rodgers gets West Coast and gets to lose to the 49ers more.

Thoughts?
No thanks.

I've also seen Derek Carr thrown about. You know, reunite him with Davante Adams blah, blah, blah.

Also a no for me.

The Packers have committed to their QB after Rodgers if it's gonna be this year. He already resides on the team. If he fails he fails but at least the salary cap issue will be resolved by the time that happens and they can move on with a rebuild without overpaying some proven has been or never was.
IF, huge massive not gonna happen IF, the Packers make a trade and bring it a QB like that you expect to start; I go with Carr before Wilson.

Regardless, neither are a 1 for 1.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Some funny fake sources and reports out there on Rodgers.

This one would be interesting if true. Say the Packers are out on Love. Trade Rodgers to the Chargers. They can sign Adams and they can get a little extra GB West going. Adams can play with his buddy Keenan. Plus Rodgers is near home.

We get a young hotshot QB to build around. Compensation would be an interesting question. Definitely less in the picks department in this scenario. But kinda fun to think about.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
27 Jan 2022 11:19
Say the Packers are out on Love. Trade Rodgers to the Chargers. They can sign Adams and they can get a little extra GB West going. Adams can play with his buddy Keenan. Plus Rodgers is near home.

We get a young hotshot QB to build around. Compensation would be an interesting question. Definitely less in the picks department in this scenario. But kinda fun to think about.
If I were anywhere from GM to custodian in the Chargers hierarchy, I'd be standing on desks screaming to absolutely, positively NOT do a Herbert for Rodgers deal. No way in hell.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

It makes 0 sense for the Chargers to trade away a talented young QB who will probably be one of the elite passers in the league soon for one who is not substantially better, pushing 40, and has at least three times now (four if you want to count 2011) proven unable to take a championship-caliber team the distance.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
27 Jan 2022 11:28
paco wrote:
Say the Packers are out on Love. Trade Rodgers to the Chargers. They can sign Adams and they can get a little extra GB West going. Adams can play with his buddy Keenan. Plus Rodgers is near home.

If I were anywhere from GM to custodian in the Chargers hierarchy, I'd be standing on desks screaming to absolutely, positively NOT do a Herbert for Rodgers deal. No way in hell.
Labrev wrote:
27 Jan 2022 11:31
It makes 0 sense for the Chargers to trade away a talented young QB who will probably be one of the elite passers in the league soon for one who is not substantially better, pushing 40, and has at least three times now (four if you want to count 2011) proven unable to take a championship-caliber team the distance.
It's 1000% not happening. Just people putting out crazy stuff to be funny.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
paco wrote:

Meanwhile if I am in Green Bay...

Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
27 Jan 2022 11:35
APB wrote:
paco wrote:

Labrev wrote:
27 Jan 2022 11:31
It's 1000% not happening. Just people putting out crazy stuff to be funny.
haaaaa, seems like there's a lot of that going around :thwap: seems anything that sounds remotely possible is coined to be probable no matter how outlandish it is. :thwap:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

paco wrote:
27 Jan 2022 09:51
APB wrote:
lake shark wrote:
26 Jan 2022 21:10
What if Seattle offered Russ Wilson for Rodgers straight up? I’d be down.

Russ gets an O-line. Rodgers gets West Coast and gets to lose to the 49ers more.

Thoughts?
No thanks.

I've also seen Derek Carr thrown about. You know, reunite him with Davante Adams blah, blah, blah.

Also a no for me.

The Packers have committed to their QB after Rodgers if it's gonna be this year. He already resides on the team. If he fails he fails but at least the salary cap issue will be resolved by the time that happens and they can move on with a rebuild without overpaying some proven has been or never was.
IF, huge massive not gonna happen IF, the Packers make a trade and bring it a QB like that you expect to start; I go with Carr before Wilson.

Carr is another option but not as dynamic as Wilson. The Rodgers cap situation and his age factor into any potential trade. Wilson has won a Super Bowl (should have won 2), he’s played in an offense similar to what GB has now. He is 5 years younger than Rodgers. He only struggled this year when playing hurt which has deminished his value.

TB4
Reactions:

Post by TB4 »

The Packers shouldn't trade Rodgers for Wilson- 1. Both teams wouldnt want to see each other in the playoffs and Wilson's contract wouldn't really help our Salary Cap issues, sure we could backload Wilson's contract extension but to me, if no Rodgers , then lets clean up our cap so we only have to have 1 down year and can see what we have with Love. That being said. I wonder why Aaron wants to go to Denver- sure they have the cap space and a good defense and now will run his offense terminology, but boy going from the NFC North to the AFC West with Mahomes & Andy Reid, San Diego with Hebert and Raiders with Carr - That doesnt seem like a cake walk division for an aging QB who struggles in pressure games ( Playoffs) - Rodgers should want to go to Indy - good defense, good running game and play against the texans, titans and jaguars - and inside a dome - God knows the Irsay would trade the house for Rodgers- so he could get rid of Wentz and show the fan base he wasnt talking nonsense after their late season collapse. If I was Rodgers, thats where I would be looking.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lake shark wrote:
27 Jan 2022 20:37
paco wrote:
27 Jan 2022 09:51
APB wrote:

No thanks.

Also a no for me.

Carr is another option but not as dynamic as Wilson. The Rodgers cap situation and his age factor into any potential trade. Wilson has won a Super Bowl (should have won 2), he’s played in an offense similar to what GB has now. He is 5 years younger than Rodgers. He only struggled this year when playing hurt which has deminished his value.
Neither are actually an option. Packers aren't trading Rodgers for another starter.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

TB4 wrote:
27 Jan 2022 22:07
The Packers shouldn't trade Rodgers for Wilson- 1. Both teams wouldnt want to see each other in the playoffs and Wilson's contract wouldn't really help our Salary Cap issues, sure we could backload Wilson's contract extension but to me, if no Rodgers , then lets clean up our cap so we only have to have 1 down year and can see what we have with Love. That being said. I wonder why Aaron wants to go to Denver- sure they have the cap space and a good defense and now will run his offense terminology, but boy going from the NFC North to the AFC West with Mahomes & Andy Reid, San Diego with Hebert and Raiders with Carr - That doesnt seem like a cake walk division for an aging QB who struggles in pressure games ( Playoffs) - Rodgers should want to go to Indy - good defense, good running game and play against the texans, titans and jaguars - and inside a dome - God knows the Irsay would trade the house for Rodgers- so he could get rid of Wentz and show the fan base he wasnt talking nonsense after their late season collapse. If I was Rodgers, thats where I would be looking.
Spaces my friend. Spaces.Image
RIP JustJeff

TB4
Reactions:

Post by TB4 »

Spaces my friend. Spaces.Image
[/quote]

Space This

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

TB4 wrote:
Indy is good on paper but it is Indianapolis.

Denver connection is even stronger because his fiancé lives part time in Colorado I think and the new coaching staff.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

bud fox wrote:
27 Jan 2022 22:39
TB4 wrote:
Indy is good on paper but it is Indianapolis.

Denver connection is even stronger because his fiancé lives part time in Colorado I think and the new coaching staff.
What's wrong with Indy? Other than people from Indiana? I like that city.
RIP JustJeff

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I like Carr. I don't know if I'm the one who started the talk of him, but he's a guy I'd like in case Rodgers doesn't return. I've considered him underrated for years.

Here's another name: Trubisky.

In hindsight, Trubisky was probably a top 15 QB in Chicago, because he took that sorry-ass team to the playoffs multiple times. It was just last season that Chicago won most of the games he started and lost most of the games he didn't start. The narrative was that they won in spite of him due to their talented HC, but now we can see that it was more likely that they won in spite of their moron HC due to their underrated QB.

It has been described to me that Trubisky was never used appropriately in Chicago. He's a mobile threat. He's clearly better than Justin Fields (who I am saying will go down as Geno Smith at best and Dwayne Haskins at worst). It would be doubly awesome to win with him after those idiots to the south kicked him to the curb.

I would actually be in favor of bringing him in regardless of whether Rodgers retires or not, but I suspect with this abysmal offseason for QBs, he will get a chance to go somewhere where he will have a chance to start.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

go pak go wrote:
27 Jan 2022 11:50
APB wrote:
paco wrote:

Meanwhile if I am in Green Bay...

A Herbert deal for Rodgers would make the John Hadl trade look lame by comparison. But hey, if the Chargers are willing...

;-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

texas wrote:
28 Jan 2022 00:14
I like Carr. I don't know if I'm the one who started the talk of him, but he's a guy I'd like in case Rodgers doesn't return. I've considered him underrated for years.

In hindsight, Trubisky was probably a top 15 QB in Chicago, because he took that sorry-ass team to the playoffs multiple times. It was just last season that Chicago won most of the games he started and lost most of the games he didn't start. The narrative was that they won in spite of him due to their talented HC, but now we can see that it was more likely that they won in spite of their moron HC due to their underrated QB.

It has been described to me that Trubisky was never used appropriately in Chicago. He's a mobile threat. He's clearly better than Justin Fields (who I am saying will go down as Geno Smith at best and Dwayne Haskins at worst). It would be doubly awesome to win with him after those idiots to the south kicked him to the curb.

I would actually be in favor of bringing him in regardless of whether Rodgers retires or not, but I suspect with this abysmal offseason for QBs, he will get a chance to go somewhere where he will have a chance to start.
What would Trubisky give you that Mariota wouldn't? Maybe Mitch could run better. Not much else. I never saw the Biscuit throw well to the entire route tree. Mariota can, even if he has issues in other areas. I'd take Mariota every time over Mitch.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Scott4Pack wrote:
28 Jan 2022 03:05
texas wrote:
28 Jan 2022 00:14

What would Trubisky give you that Mariota wouldn't? Maybe Mitch could run better. Not much else. I never saw the Biscuit throw well to the entire route tree. Mariota can, even if he has issues in other areas. I'd take Mariota every time over Mitch.
I don't know where you got Mariota from. Seems kind of random. But to answer your question, Mariota sucks and Trubisky might not. We moreso know what we have in Mariota (and we know it's not great), whereas with Trubisky, we don't actually know because he wasn't used like he should be and because Nagy never really gave him a fair shake since the day Nagy arrived (and when he did play, he generally won).

But I wouldn't be opposed to giving Mariota a shot either. Trubisky first though.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

there would be nothing funnier in the whole big wide world to me than trubinsky coming to GB and us turning him into a winner. Bears fans wanted to believe in him for so long, and then they gave up. Proving it was Nagy that ruined him as Lafluer resurrects him would just be amazing.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23