Green Bay Packers News 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
26 Mar 2022 11:45
Yoop wrote:
26 Mar 2022 10:30
go pak go wrote:
26 Mar 2022 09:17

Except this wasn't true with McCarthy when he coached Favre.
true, but then why would he, a coach has to take advantage of the best skills a player has, you have to remember McCarthy was Favres QB coach back in the 90's when Holmgrens version of the Walsh scheme was intact, so when we hired him as our HC he was not about to try and reinvent Favre, who by the way never had the deep ball accuracy of Rodgers, once Favre was out the door Mike took advantage of the skills Rodgers had.

McCarthy got a bad rap ( me included) around here, and deservedly so I suppose the last 3 or 4 years, but he was a very good coach, got the very best out of quite a few good QB's, obviously both of our HOFamers
Okay. So you don't disagree with NCF after all.

Your original post made it sounds like Rodgers did his thing and Favre did his thing due to coaching schemes between Holmgren and MM.

But this last one reverts once again to the coach simply playing to the players strengths. Which is what NCF was saying
:thwap:
Last edited by Yoop on 27 Mar 2022 06:19, edited 2 times in total.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Some of it depends on where Davante Adams lined up and the defense.
Love is the answer…

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Foosball wrote:
26 Mar 2022 12:31
Some of it depends on where Davante Adams lined up and the defense.
It also partly depends on what your slant is, who is running the slant and who is throwing the slant. There are different slants to the slant.

I think we should switch to the dump off pass. Or maybe the pass to the flat pass. Both seem to be barely capable of picking up 3 yards these days, :swear:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Generic tweet from a less than reliable source, yet I don’t doubt is 100% true. Even if just because Gute says he’ll be in every conversation, and with a dire need and a 7 picks in the first 4 rounds, be stupid not to be calling.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
30 Mar 2022 11:47
Generic tweet from a less than reliable source, yet I don’t doubt is 100% true. Even if just because Gute says he’ll be in every conversation, and with a dire need and a 7 picks in the first 4 rounds, be stupid not to be calling.

That is the most generic Twitter account out there.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
30 Mar 2022 11:50
BF004 wrote:

It is. But I've seen similar reports elsewhere.
RIP JustJeff

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Comes under the "duh?" heading. If they DIDN'T explore trades for a WR, THAT'S news.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

paco wrote:
30 Mar 2022 11:59
NCF wrote:
BF004 wrote:

You may have missed NFL Talk's last week's breaking news:

"Thirsty player drinks"

I've seen similar reports elsewhere. ;)

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
27 Feb 2022 13:32
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
26 Feb 2022 18:47
Yoop wrote:
26 Feb 2022 14:37

BS, your throwing in the towel because all that seems to matter to you is winning it all, and you can't say that we wont have a strong enough team to win it all, that is you speculating and assuming that you know the future, Rodgers played well enough in both 019 and 2020 for us to advance, the supporting cast let him and us down, and if where to get technical it was the same this last year, mistakes killed us in all 3 seasons, more so I think then a shortage of talent.

the most important aspect of this for me seems the least important to you, and that is having a winning season, then comes making the playoffs, everything after that is frosting

when Lombardi said winning isn't everything, it's the only thing, he wasn't referring to a stat line, he was talking about attitude, and desire, and that a prerequisite for success is a winning attitude, shipping out Rodgers is counter productive with those goals in mind imo. :swear: :box: :munch: :lol:
So true Yoop. Shipping out #12 will certainly take the air out of the "Let's win the North" balloon. All the pressure would then shift to LaCoach. Hearing boos at Lambeau is disturbing. Lombardi said losing is habit. The Packers have become habitual losers in the playoffs (started in Super Bowl 32, then the Sherman era, and then in 2007 versus the Giants under McCoach .... the habit was briefly stopped in 2010 versus the Bears under McCoach .... then the habit started up again under both McCoach and LaCoach) ...... think about that. :idn:
No, your giving me a headache, thinking is what I'am trying not to do :rotf:

If anything, it's that we put to much effort into NOT making mistakes, and we become tentative, imho this stems from the early years of McCarthy instilling that with Rodgers, course it seems Aaron has taken that to extremes, specially so in PO games, hard to nail it down though, we see him throw into double coverage often with Adams, rarely ever though with most of the other receivers.

hard to fault that approach though, most PO games are won by the team that makes the least mistakes and turn the ball over :idn:
This is for Yoop to look at ............. a Jack Vainisi autograph. Won't require thinking, just looking. Look right above Ray Nitschke and right below Jim Temp. Wow ... a 1960 Packers yearbook autographed by Lombardi, Vainisi, and several Hall of Famers (Jordan, Davis, Wood, Nitschke, Starr, Ringo, Hornung, Taylor, Kramer, Gregg). It's on eBay in case anyone wants it.

I still think Vainisi should be displayed on the inner sanctum.....a no-brainer really.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
05 Apr 2022 12:30
Who the heck set that number in 2006?

Aaron Kampman? That was after the KGB peak years right?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I didn't know PFF grades existed then :mrgreen: or that they didn't but PFF went back all that way just to have grades for it (if so, that's commitment).
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

salmar80 wrote:
30 Mar 2022 13:38
paco wrote:
30 Mar 2022 11:59
NCF wrote:

You may have missed NFL Talk's last week's breaking news:

"Thirsty player drinks"

I've seen similar reports elsewhere. ;)
Rodgers probably bought Gutekunst a unlimited calling card.
also I don't know why u's guys are mocking all these DL and edge rushers, safety's in round one, Rodger is not going to sign off with us drafting those positions, it's WR's and OL in round one, probably round two as well :rotf: the new boss, not the same as the old Boss, things are different now lol.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
05 Apr 2022 13:56
Rodger is not going to sign off with us drafting those positions
Gutey is the master motivator. Gotta !@#$ Rodgers off somehow.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
05 Apr 2022 13:48
I didn't know PFF grades existed then :mrgreen: or that they didn't but PFF went back all that way just to have grades for it (if so, that's commitment).

I think 06 was there first year doing individual grades. :idn:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
05 Apr 2022 13:59
Yoop wrote:
05 Apr 2022 13:56
Rodger is not going to sign off with us drafting those positions
Gutey is the master motivator. Gotta !@#$ Rodgers off somehow.
haha, I think to a extent I'am right about this, when ya take all that AR has said, the contract given him, the fact that it's more then just likely that Rodgers new Tae wouldn't be around and signed the deal anyway, it just seems logical that Gute will do all he can and listen to Rodgers input concerning the WR's in this draft class and which slots to use on them.

Rodgers is so much sharper then people give him credit for, he's been doing this a long time, if anyone can spot a rising talent at WR he's got to be on that list, he was high on MVS last year, kid didn't even play and was given a 10 mil. contract, Gutey should listen to what Rodgers has to say.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Yoop wrote:
05 Apr 2022 14:09
haha, I think to a extent I'am right about this, when ya take all that AR has said, the contract given him, the fact that it's more then just likely that Rodgers new Tae wouldn't be around and signed the deal anyway, it just seems logical that Gute will do all he can and listen to Rodgers input concerning the WR's in this draft class and which slots to use on them.

Rodgers is so much sharper then people give him credit for, he's been doing this a long time, if anyone can spot a rising talent at WR he's got to be on that list, he was high on MVS last year, kid didn't even play and was given a 10 mil. contract, Gutey should listen to what Rodgers has to say.
Eh, I don't know. The last few years have made me wonder if we were all overestimating Rodgers' scouting ability. The Kumerow thing still bugs me. Like there was a guy who had good chemistry, but other than that, he was just 'meh'.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
06 Apr 2022 12:41
:cry: