Jordan Love 2023 Expectation/Player Comparison

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Trudge wrote:
26 Dec 2023 23:41
16 4,038 28 13
15 3,587 27 11

Rodgers had Driver, Jennings, Jones, Nelson, Finley, Lee
Love has Watson, Doubs, Reed, Wicks, Musgrave, Kraft

Let me know what isn't elite about Love.
Rodgers wasn't elite in 2008. Love has a LONG way to go to get into the elite category.

But this year has been an incredible year for the evaluation of Love. I'm very excited.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

APB wrote:
27 Dec 2023 07:06
lupedafiasco wrote:
26 Dec 2023 23:51
Trudge wrote:
16 4,038 28 13
15 3,587 27 11

Loves deep ball is horrendous. He’s the 6th least accurate passer down the field. It’s a fantasy stat but he’s 3rd highest in poor passes on the year.

He needs to clean up his mechanics badly which should be his strength at this point in his career. It’s leading to his passes sailing or falling short. Consistency in his accuracy is a major problem for him year one.
Where are you drawing these stats and conclusions from? The data I am seeing does not correlate to the conclusions you are drawing.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-qb.php

I would also say Love has already done exactly as you you have repeatedly claimed he needs to do: improve on his accuracy and consistency. Love absolutely had glaring issues early in the season but he has already cleaned up much of it as evidenced by his weeks 9-16 performance measures.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advance ... nd_week=16

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The starting spot for Love will be 50m per year this off-season. He’s earned the right to get paid the going rate, and that’s the going rate.

It sucks to me that we don’t get much time to build a roster around him while he is on a rookie deal and cheap, but that’s the route we chose to take.

Loves earned the next contract. I’d make it 4 years, 200m with 160 guaranteed
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
27 Dec 2023 09:44
The starting spot for Love will be 50m per year this off-season. He’s earned the right to get paid the going rate, and that’s the going rate.

It sucks to me that we don’t get much time to build a roster around him while he is on a rookie deal and cheap, but that’s the route we chose to take.

Loves earned the next contract. I’d make it 4 years, 200m with 160 guaranteed
he performs more good plays then bad, true, but he still is inconsistent, still makes poor decisions at times, and with poor technique.

50 mil is top QB money, over all Love ranks about average, so to me he hasn't earned a contract that steep, yet, I'd wait till about the 4th game or so next year.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

APB wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
Trudge wrote:
16 4,038 28 13
15 3,587 27 11

Loves deep ball is horrendous. He’s the 6th least accurate passer down the field. It’s a fantasy stat but he’s 3rd highest in poor passes on the year.

He needs to clean up his mechanics badly which should be his strength at this point in his career. It’s leading to his passes sailing or falling short. Consistency in his accuracy is a major problem for him year one.
Where are you drawing these stats and conclusions from? The data I am seeing does not correlate to the conclusions you are drawing.

I would also say Love has already done exactly as you you have repeatedly claimed he needs to do: improve on his accuracy and consistency. Love absolutely had glaring issues early in the season but he has already cleaned up much of it as evidenced by his weeks 9-16 performance measures.

What you posted on both links also has Love as 3rd highest in poor throws. The consistency has to get cleaned up.

Same complaint this past week as when we played the Falcons. Statistically if you looks it’s a pretty good game but when he had the opportunity to close it out he kept getting 3 and outs. The defense was on the field quite a bit in the 2nd half and it showed.

Luckily he pulled it out at the end but it didn’t need to be that bad if he just put together a drive that got the defense a break.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Dec 2023 13:03
APB wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

What you posted on both links also has Love as 3rd highest in poor throws. The consistency has to get cleaned up.

Same complaint this past week as when we played the Falcons. Statistically if you looks it’s a pretty good game but when he had the opportunity to close it out he kept getting 3 and outs. The defense was on the field quite a bit in the 2nd half and it showed.

Luckily he pulled it out at the end but it didn’t need to be that bad if he just put together a drive that got the defense a break.
Tell me what measure you used to make that statement.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

APB wrote:
27 Dec 2023 13:13
lupedafiasco wrote:
APB wrote:

Scroll all the way to the right. Click poor.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I’m more of a player profiler type of guy. More advanced numbers and statistics.

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/jordan-love/

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Dec 2023 13:25
I’m more of a player profiler type of guy. More advanced numbers and statistics.

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/jordan-love/
no one wants to see those stats :rotf:

or click on POOR :rotf:

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Isn't Jordan Love 6'4"?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/40 ... ordan-love

And what is this stat? Qb4? Is that he's 4th overall or...? There's so much to this site. Is it fantasy? Is it real football? :kaboom:

Last edited by Trudge on 27 Dec 2023 18:13, edited 1 time in total.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Dec 2023 13:15
APB wrote:
27 Dec 2023 13:13
lupedafiasco wrote:

Ok, now I see it. Was off my screen and didn’t notice the extra data sets.

I see you based your ranking off the raw number rather than a percentage of attempts. I worked the percentage of a few of the top players for the season and, sure, Love is a little higher than some but he’s also right on par with guys like Lamar Jackson and Justin Herbert. He’s even got a better percentage than Stafford and Stroud.

To your point he must improve, Love’s week 9-16 stats show exactly that. He has dropped his “poor” throw percentage down several percentage points to match many of the top QBs.

Speaking of that data point, what’s the definition of “poor” pass? And who judges it? Are they pulling data from another site or making judgments of their own? Along with that, what’s a poor pass rather than a bad route? How do they/can they differentiate?

I dunno. I get the sense you’re reaching for any data point that supports your ongoing narrative that Love is bad and he ain’t the guy despite nearly every other significant data point that says the opposite. The fact Love is throwing to a bunch of inexperienced WRs/TEs (a fact you conveniently ignore in these conversations) leads me to believe a significant number of those “poor” throws are more than Love being inaccurate. Those receivers deserve some culpability, too.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

lupedafiasco wrote:

I don't think Love can ever close it out with this defence. If 14 points up with 11 minutes to go in the fourth isn't enough, then what is? This is the worst offence in football. A defence, even one that is tired after giving up too many long drives, should be able to stop a side averaging less than 1 TD per game in November and December.

The Packers scored on 6 of 9 drives, and all 6 starting at least 60 yards from the end zone. How good should the offence have to be to cover for the defence?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Crazy.

Thinking back to the 2007, 2011 or 2014. Or even 2020 or 2021, how this couldn’t have happened.

kampmanfan4life
Reactions:

Post by kampmanfan4life »

Hopefully Love can fix his double step at the end of his drop back. That seems to be his big problem.

Also Melton was criticized twice for being sloppy and still had a good day. Walker also criticized for taking the DB when he was Patrick Taylor's responsibility.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z49OVBC5dlQ

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
27 Dec 2023 17:50
Speaking of that data point, what’s the definition of “poor” pass? And who judges it? Are they pulling data from another site or making judgments of their own? Along with that, what’s a poor pass rather than a bad route? How do they/can they differentiate?
this sounds a lot like what I said last year concerning the chemistry between our 22 batch of receivers and the now departed AR.

if the QB is unsure where the WR will be, then the pitch point will always be questionable, and typically the QB will be blamed if it's a hard to catch toss, just the way it is.

Love has improved immensely, still inconsistent at times, mostly a result of perceived pass rush pressure, I think I've been a staunch critic, and also understanding, pressure does that to even the willy ol vet QB's, and at the early stages of the season it had gotten to Loves, watching him process through that stuff has been the high light of this season for me, he has some minor technical things to fix, and now has a ton of tape and a excellent QB coach to help him clean that up, Love has played above expectations for me.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Imagine how stunted Jordan's confidence would be if he had to practice against a real defense every week. Keeping Barry around has paid dividends. LaFleur playing 4D chess.

/s
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Screenshot_20231231-223903.png
Screenshot_20231231-223903.png (919.5 KiB) Viewed 552 times
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Rodgers was a tad over 4,000 yards and 28 TD passes in 2008. So Love outperformed on TDs but Rodgers out performed on yards.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

[mention]lupedafiasco[/mention]’s roller coaster back from bum sauce to star QB to garbage mid qb back to franchise qb yet?

to be fair, it’s been a crazy 40 days

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
31 Dec 2023 23:14
@lupedafiasco’s roller coaster back from bum sauce to star QB to garbage mid qb back to franchise qb yet?

to be fair, it’s been a crazy 40 days

Nothing short of :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."