Jordan Love 2023 Expectation/Player Comparison

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

we swept the place clean of the not so good WR, and finally brought in better ones, only took like freaking forever :thwap:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
04 Jan 2024 06:36
we swept the place clean of the not so good WR, and finally brought in better ones, only took like freaking forever :thwap:
That's Gutey for you. The guy can't seem to get out of his own way. Frustrating bloke.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
04 Jan 2024 06:44
Yoop wrote:
That's Gutey for you. The guy can't seem to get out of his own way. Frustrating bloke.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
04 Jan 2024 06:44
Yoop wrote:
plus he's short :rotf:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
It is an interesting concept to replace bad players with good ones. Lets see if it pays off. Hell it took the Jets half a season to realize Lazard should be a healthy scratch type of player.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
04 Jan 2024 06:31
Trudge wrote:
04 Jan 2024 02:47
lupedafiasco wrote:
03 Jan 2024 20:54

And Lazard.
And Martin.
I'm honestly not sure what the point of this is anymore...?

Every player listed here had a role and contributed greatly to team success at one point or another. Were they world beater All-Pro caliber? Hell no, but they were high effort, perform above their perceived talent type players that their teammates and fans could occasionally rally around. You want these type players on your roster.

Sure, these guys all turned out to be replaceable JAGS in the end but, guess what, a couple of the current wunderkind players on the current roster will also end up being JAGS because, well, it happens. It's fun to cheer them on while they shine, though.
My only point before it got expanded is you always look to improve the bottom of the roster. I love our top 6 guys. Still doesn't mean I would be upset if we spend day 3 picks giving those guys competition.

I think Bo Melton could actually turn into something. I also think Heath has the potential to be better than your oridnary "try hards" because his blocking is simply insane.

They're all really easy to like right now
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

took us 8 years to replenish the bottom of the roster.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
04 Jan 2024 08:09
Yoop wrote:
It is an interesting concept to replace bad players with good ones. Lets see if it pays off. Hell it took the Jets half a season to realize Lazard should be a healthy scratch type of player.
they wanted to get there monies worth :rotf: :rotf:

I'am dying here, when folks defend the hap hazard way the WR position was treated here, mostly dependent on the QB to make them better then they ever where, well it's just a dead end conversation, ya might as well be talking to a black board eraser, it's a hoot :thwap:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Okay, you have talked a lot of smack, now it's time to humble you guys.

Your thing has always been that we need proven great players, and often used stats and reputation as benchmarks. "Two 1k receivers! A real WR2 gets 1000!" even though 23 brought historical evidence that *very* few teams in league history actually had that.

Our top receiver, Reed, has 100 fewer yards than Lazard did last year.

My point is not that Lazard was better than or close to Reed in talent. My point is that you do not need a murderer's row of unbelievable talents, you do not even need one guy who dominates like Adams did.

We are getting it done right now with unproven raw talent guys with no national reputation in the way of accolades for being great. None are immediate sensations like your precious Jefftain Justinson. None have the career highlights of OBJ.

Our current group is not your model; it is MY model. I said WR should be a diversity-of-skills regime, not a fantasy football lineup. I said that a few weeks ago, and your reply was an incredulous "LABREV HOW CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT??"
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Your model is more like... pony up for Davante Adams never let him go, trade up multiple picks to take Justin Jefferson, trade for OBJ, keep trotting Rodgers out as the wheels fall off (and wonder why the rest of your roster is so weak, failing to make the connection between the roster holes and all those draft picks you burned).

Right now, we have the cheapest WR corps. in the NFL. Only one guy (Watson) cost more than one draft pick to take him, and then we got Reed by trading DOWN. This is literally the opposite of what you would do.
Last edited by Labrev on 04 Jan 2024 10:06, edited 1 time in total.
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
04 Jan 2024 09:22
took us 8 years to replenish the bottom of the roster.
I think instead of lamenting the past, we shoud instead focus on how rare and awesome of a receiving group we have.

It is the youngest receiving group in NFL history. Not this year. NFL history.
They are also selfless and adore each other.
They are also improving and growing together every week.

You don't just get these groups because you use a 2nd round pick. We struck lightening. We have all the right ingredients including chemistry, QB/WR leadership, coaching, MLF understanding his players, etc.

What we have is something very, very special.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
04 Jan 2024 09:52

Your thing has always been that we need proven great players, and often used stats and reputation as benchmarks. "Two 1k receivers! A real WR2 gets 1000!" even though 23 brought historical evidence that *very* few teams in league history actually had that.

My point is not that Lazard was better than or close to Reed in talent. My point is that you do not need a murderer's row of unbelievable talents, you do not even need one guy who dominates like Adams did.

We are getting it done right now with unproven raw talent guys with no national reputation in the way of accolades for being great. None are immediate sensations like your precious Jefftain Justinson. None have the career highlights of OBJ.

Our current group is not your model; it is MY model. I said WR should be a diversity-of-skills regime, not a fantasy football lineup. I said that a few weeks ago, and your reply was an incredulous "LABREV HOW CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT??"
Oh absolutely.

If things weren't moving on offense I could easily see the forum use our team's actual stats and say "We have no talent...look at these poor numbers"

Receiving Yards:
1. Reed 681
2. Doubs 674
3. Wicks 520
4. Watson 422
5. Musgrave 341
6. Kraft 324
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Quite frankly I give so much credit of our collective recieving group having so much success to Jordan Love.

He just seems like a guy you want to play for. I have never seen/heard Love throw his receiver under the bus yet. Not in actual language or body language.
Yoop wrote:

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

go pak go wrote:
04 Jan 2024 10:03
Labrev wrote:

Oh absolutely.

If things weren't moving on offense I could easily see the forum use our team's actual stats and say "We have no talent...look at these poor numbers"

Receiving Yards:
1. Reed 681
2. Doubs 674
3. Wicks 520
4. Watson 422
5. Musgrave 341
6. Kraft 324
The fact that you can have kids who can hold their own against the best defenders and kids who smoke the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th rated DBs on the field gives you the chance to rip apart any D. I love the fact that Love can use 6-8 different guys and keep the D on their knees. You can't hit the open man if there isn't one. With a decent gameplan and spreading the ball around we'll always have open men.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

They also like doing this thing where it's like, "hey remember X player who sucked? Heh, bad GM amirite."

Then talk about how much better these new guys like they just fell out of the sky. WHO ACQUIRED THEM??
—Magneto

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop is the only person asking for another 1K receiver. Most of us just knew Lazard was pretty shot and trotting him out there as a WR2 was an embarrassment.

If anything Gutenbumst showed how easy it is to get talent at the position. If you actually make any type of investment in it you get results.

As for Adams he should have gotten paid. Gutenbumst tried to play contractual hardball with him the year prior to his contract year and Adams said shove it, contracts talks are over and I’ll never play for you again.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

I always felt that Lazard was really a tight end. Remember that play last season when he blocked 3 defenders with one hit?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:

your just echoing what I've said for years, ya don't need a Adams, what ya need is 2 or 3 that come close, our situation makes it harder to cover these 3 or 4 then it is to cover just 2, or just a Adams, this offense has the capability to be more explosive then 2019, 2020, or 2021 simple becaise more3 is bette.r then less as long as there not guys like Lazard.

we are getting it done now with players more gifted then most that we've had the last 8 years, thats what your seeing.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I'm going to play a Madden Franchise and turn the Salary Cap off. I'll let you guys know how I do!