Rasul Traded to Bills

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Suuuulll

Amazing
No votes
Good
11%
Ok
33%
Don’t like it
50%
Fire TT
6%

Total votes: 18

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

musclestang wrote:
31 Oct 2023 18:50
Scott4Pack wrote:
31 Oct 2023 18:35
Thinking that I'm in the minority here. But my guess is that Rasul created a problem in the locker room. (Feelings have nothing to do with it.) He was very vocal. There's a fine line between being outspoken and being a problem.

Given that this is a young team, cohesiveness is a big priority. And it takes time for the players to learn this and blend well and think like a unit instead of individuals. If/when a player interferes with that, he is counter-productive, even if his play on the field is above par.

Yeah, Guty probably could've gotten more value in some way. It looks like he was motivated to move Rasul. But once a cord is cut... I'm thankful that we didn't just cut him, if the problem is what I said above. But I could be wrong.
I think that’s exactly why they moved him because the rest doesn’t make much sense to me.

We’ll probably never know what was done or said, but I hope was something more egregious than what we’ve heard him say publicly
Some say it was about saving $7M next year on the cap. I don't know how that's an issue, unless they don't see room between Stokes and Jaire, with Nixon in the slot. Might be a better fit actually, even if Nix isn't as good as Sul.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
02 Nov 2023 16:16
Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Nov 2023 16:04
2:25 - "Tuesday we are not in the building at all" - Rasul Douglas

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/rasu ... falo-bills
but then says it happened in the suana, I assume the suana is in the locker room, the locker room is in the bowls of Lambeau stadium, right.
Yup. He got the call because he wasn't in the building. He then knew he was traded so entered the building to pack this things.

Then other players came to the building to say goodbye.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Actually he WAS in the building.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
02 Nov 2023 17:47
Wanting to make sure this was in jest??
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Nov 2023 17:49
APB wrote:
No, it wasn’t in jest.

Tuesdays are an off day, sure, but players still come in to view film, receive treatment, etc. Hell, Aaron Jones said he was upstairs when he heard the news. Why was he there? He wasn’t traded…?

At this point, you can’t say for certain he wasn’t in the building when the call came. At least I haven’t seen anything that places him at the time of the call. It’s pretty apparent, though, that he was either there or was there very shortly thereafter, along with other players.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
02 Nov 2023 17:58
Pckfn23 wrote:
APB wrote:
No, it wasn’t in jest.

Tuesdays are an off day, sure, but players still come in to view film, receive treatment, etc. Hell, Aaron Jones said he was upstairs when he heard the news. Why was he there? He wasn’t traded…?

At this point, you can’t say for certain he wasn’t in the building when the call came. At least I haven’t seen anything that places him at the time of the call. It’s pretty apparent, though, that he was either there or was there very shortly thereafter, along with other players.
Rasul specifically said we aren't in the building at all. He came in to grab his stuff and other guys came in to see him. He almost certainly was not in the building for the call.

See my linked presser in the middle of page 9.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Nov 2023 18:00
APB wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

No, it wasn’t in jest.

Rasul specifically said we aren't in the building at all. He came in to grab his stuff and other guys came in to see him. He almost certainly was not in the building for the call.

I saw it. He said nobody is in the building on Tuesdays. It’s a day off. It’s voluntary to be there but a good number of players clearly go in for any number of reasons. Aaron Jones was there. He said as much. It sounds like it’s possible Rasul was in, too.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Everybody was in Green Bay, handling the situation in a way where the blindsided player didn’t assume it was a joke is not a lot to ask. I won’t excuse the trend. Bakh didn’t seem too either with his tweet.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
02 Nov 2023 18:39
Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Nov 2023 18:00
APB wrote:

No, it wasn’t in jest.

I saw it. He said nobody is in the building on Tuesdays. It’s a day off. It’s voluntary to be there but a good number of players clearly go in for any number of reasons. Aaron Jones was there. He said as much. It sounds like it’s possible Rasul was in, too.
Doesn't seem likely the way he was talking. Sounds like he went in after the call.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

So he was in the building at latest..after the call. Where was gute to explain the situation to him face to face and thank him for his service while he was at the facility?

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Rasul side

Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Listen to what he says. Says gutey just said “we’re trading you” and then they hung up. Sounds like Gutey said so little rasul wasn’t even convinced it was real. Then Murphy called and they had a real conversation.

Weird

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Nov 2023 20:04
Listen to what he says. Says gutey just said “we’re trading you” and then they hung up. Sounds like Gutey said so little rasul wasn’t even convinced it was real. Then Murphy called and they had a real conversation.

Weird
Yeah so this I have a problem with for sure. The person breaking the news needs to put a little more thought into what he’s going to say. Why is this Gutey decision to trade him but Murphy thanking him for all he’s done?

I think the trade makes all the sense in the world but now we have 3 straight years with Adams, then Rodgers, now Rasul traded. If I didn’t know any better I’d say Josh McDaniels was running this team like he did with the Broncos.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I'll give you that the conversation according to Rasul seems awkward.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Nov 2023 20:04

Weird
Yeah when I heard that I thought "that's a little heartless dude" Put on your big boy pants and spend 5 to 15 minutes with the guy.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yeah the communication needs to be a lot better than that. This is not hard, why is Gute so bad at it? :thwap:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I know I got ridiculed for a while about “speculation”, but it was pretty obvious from the first report that Gutes communication was an F-

I mean rasul left the convo not sure if it was real or not and gutey didn’t call back to make sure he knew it was real.

Super problematic.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Nov 2023 18:49
Everybody was in Green Bay, handling the situation in a way where the blindsided player didn’t assume it was a joke is not a lot to ask. I won’t excuse the trend. Bakh didn’t seem too either with his tweet.
What was the tweet?

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Labrev wrote:
02 Nov 2023 20:18
Yeah the communication needs to be a lot better than that. This is not hard, why is Gute so bad at it? :thwap:
Watched Moneyball.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

wallyuwl wrote:
02 Nov 2023 20:36
Drj820 wrote:
02 Nov 2023 18:49
What was the tweet?

I took this a Bakh saying how things should be done