Buccaneers @ Packers - NFCC Playoff GDT - 1/24 - 2:05 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

BF004 wrote:
22 Jan 2021 09:35
Acrobat wrote:
22 Jan 2021 09:19
Pugger wrote:
22 Jan 2021 09:09
Is the Bucs' defense better than the Rams'? Everyone talks about how Tampa will overwhelm our line and we won't be able to run the ball so they will make Rodgers run for his life but these folks seem to forget we scored 32 points and produced 484 yards against the top rated defense just a few days ago. Unless our OL falls apart and/or we turn it over like the Saints did last weekend I like our chances.
One could argue that the Packers have the better defense.
I would say a little worse on the year as a whole.

image.png

But I think we have been better since the midway point.

image.png

Both defenses playing really well right now.
Yeah I think there's more hype in the press about the Bucs D, but the Packers D is getting ignored. They haven't given up 20 point or more in over a month. Jaire can shut Evans down, our Run D is better, and we get consistent pressure on the QB. I'd love nothing more than to see us make Tampa one dimensional and make Brady really uncomfortable.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Acrobat wrote:
22 Jan 2021 09:53
BF004 wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
22 Jan 2021 09:19

One could argue that the Packers have the better defense.

image.png

image.png

Yeah I think there's more hype in the press about the Bucs D, but the Packers D is getting ignored. They haven't given up 20 point or more in over a month. Jaire can shut Evans down, our Run D is better, and we get consistent pressure on the QB. I'd love nothing more than to see us make Tampa one dimensional and make Brady really uncomfortable.
Definitely happened last week. All the talk about the Rams and Ramsey, no mention of the real #1 CB in the league (per PFF) and still real no recognition, the guy balled on the biggest stage last week, still don't hear a blip. Still no talk of Zadarius, and playing their best ball Kenny and Gary, and our pass rush. Even the headlines, 'Goff pressured the most during the McVay era". No credit to the Packers front, just bad job by Rams.

Keep that chip on Jaire, it'll come if you keep doing what you are doing.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

BF004 wrote:
22 Jan 2021 10:01
Acrobat wrote:
22 Jan 2021 09:53
BF004 wrote:

image.png

image.png

Definitely happened last week. All the talk about the Rams and Ramsey, no mention of the real #1 CB in the league (per PFF) and still real no recognition, the guy balled on the biggest stage last week, still don't hear a blip. Still no talk of Zadarius, and playing their best ball Kenny and Gary, and our pass rush. Even the headlines, 'Goff pressured the most during the McVay era". No credit to the Packers front, just bad job by Rams.

Keep that chip on Jaire, it'll come if you keep doing what you are doing.
I think a lot of that is that everyone is so used to the Packers D being a leaky faucet that they don't even realize how good we're playing.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Antonio Brown (Knee/Mental Issues) is OUT for Sunday.

I actually think this is significant because him and Brady were starting to gel. Godwin is also going through a rough patch with drops. Our secondary is already boss and now we won't have to worry about Brown getting a good matchup.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Acrobat wrote:
22 Jan 2021 11:25

I actually think this is significant because him and Brady were starting to gel. Godwin is also going through a rough patch with drops. Our secondary is already boss and now we won't have to worry about Brown getting a good matchup.
This is big. I always hate injuries but I'm not upset that Brown is out for the game.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

go pak go wrote:
22 Jan 2021 11:37
Acrobat wrote:

This is big. I always hate injuries but I'm not upset that Brown is out for the game.
Yeah especially because the Brady/Brown connection was what I was most worried about since he's been more of a consistent dink and dunk threat.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Acrobat wrote:
22 Jan 2021 11:48
go pak go wrote:
Acrobat wrote:

Yeah especially because the Brady/Brown connection was what I was most worried about since he's been more of a consistent dink and dunk threat.
I feel King would've theoretically been an OK matchup vs old Brown due to size, but I'm not too upset we won't get to see whether I'm right. King on a bad day would've been brutal.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

salmar80 wrote:
22 Jan 2021 11:54
Acrobat wrote:
22 Jan 2021 11:48
go pak go wrote:

I feel King would've theoretically been an OK matchup vs old Brown due to size, but I'm not too upset we won't get to see whether I'm right. King on a bad day would've been brutal.
King is a better matchup vs Godwin/Evans anyways. Tyler Johnson has actually been really good for the Bucs too.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

Brown played in Pittsburgh so more ready for the cold weather than the other receivers. Although Brown playing at less than 100% was probably a good thing for us. How come no one talks about the colder weather and footing slowing down the Bucs speed on Defense. To me that is the great equalizer for us and why I am pleasantly optimistic. I also think Bowles is going to fake blitzes more and only rush 4 to try and get Rodgers to play impatient. Take the opposite approach from the first game.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Can't imagine he'll play a ton, but won't be making running the ball up the guy easier.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

It's pretty big.

Here's hoping he's not in football shape.
RIP JustJeff

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

It takes the league a while to catch up to elite tier CB play. When CB's start playing elite you stop remembering that they are even playing. Alexander has been easily forgotten this year, he's been quite effective at erasing his man.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Count me among those not terribly concerned about Vea's return. He's a big coming off a serious injury that limited his ability to get back into football shape. That is, unless you consider round a shape for a DL.

He'll play a handful of snaps and while he's in there it'll be an upgrade for them. But, in reality, our line just recently man-handled interior linemen Akiem Hicks and Aaron Donald (yeah, yeah, injured blah, blah, blah) so I'm not terribly concerned with an out-of-shape Vea in the cold and hopefully snow.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

APB wrote:
22 Jan 2021 13:09
Count me among those not terribly concerned about Vea's return.
its a risky move for the Bucs because AR is always watching during substitutions. When Vita comes on the field, Packers can go up tempo and prevent subbing, while attacking and tiring him out. He's not in playoff shape yet.
IT. IS. TIME

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Kevin King didn't practice today....
Yoop wrote:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

MLF said:

"King had a little back issue and they'll give him the rest of the week to see where he's at and hopefully he'll be good to go on Sunday"
IT. IS. TIME

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

Yeah I'm hoping they put Vea out there and then Rodgers goes no huddle and we never let him off the field.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I don't typically frequent ESPN's website anymore nor do I put much stock in their talking-head(s) predictions, but this cracked me up...

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

APB wrote:
22 Jan 2021 16:07
I don't typically frequent ESPN's website anymore nor do I put much stock in their talking-head(s) predictions, but this cracked me up...
I stopped frequenting when you had to watch a longer ad than the length of the highlight video. And when you got to the highlight, it was usually in 140p for the first 6-7 seconds. So, you got about 10 seconds of 1080p after the fact.

Pretty funny clip though.
RIP JustJeff

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
22 Jan 2021 14:56
Yeah I'm hoping they put Vea out there and then Rodgers goes no huddle and we never let him off the field.
And run Dillion straight at him. 350LB dude coming off a fractured ankle? Not concerned.