Buccaneers @ Packers - NFCC Playoff GDT - 1/24 - 2:05 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

NCF wrote:
21 Jan 2021 10:27
TheGreenMan wrote:
21 Jan 2021 10:16
Pckfn23 wrote:
20 Jan 2021 19:33
I think I feel Rodgers will come into this one tight and will struggle for a half... I don't know why I feel that way.
I also feel this way too Pckfn. I don't know why, and I wish I didn't. Hope I'm wrong.
It's happened before and kind of a lot. I don't buy it for this time. Too experienced, too zen, he's got this.
I think my confidence will increase when it comes closer to game time, but yeah, we've seen it so many times. He's definitely relaxed, cool confidence.

There is "something" that feels different about this team though. And I've heard this a lot.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
21 Jan 2021 10:01
NCF wrote:
21 Jan 2021 09:51
go pak go wrote:
21 Jan 2021 09:41
Yeah the Bucs blitz a lot. It would be our hope that MLF can come up with counters to beat that blitz.
He already has. Like you said in another post. Chicago gave him the blueprint. The jet motions and all of the pre-snap stuff that they didn't do against Tampa the first time because Ervin had just been injured is the key. It isn't too often Rodgers is shocked by blitz and that happened in Tampa. It won't again. If they are coming, Rodgers will know pre-snap and that makes a world of difference.
FOX showed a graphic of Rodgers under the blitz this year last Saturday. It was considerably worse. Like his passer rating normally is like in the 110's and under blitz it's in the 90's. I wonder if they exclude the two pick 6's though in Tampa the graphic would look very different.
as Herman and those other sports people you respect said GPG, the more receivers you have that can get off the LOS and stay open for a 2 count the easier it is to beat the blitz, stunts, and pressure, how many do you count realistically on the team? I have Adams, maybe Austin, if he can stay healthy and not act brain less, the rest are slow twitch type receivers, they have to rely on winning contested throws, which Rodgers has now shown he will throw, but those are always dangerous throws.

a 90 rating isn't bad when ya consider that, to raise that against the blitz then ya need receivers that can do that.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Arians said Antonio Brown will be a game-time decision. He won't have to practice to play.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Tramon back and wearing #38. As it should be.

Also Dillion and Keke both in pads and practicing.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
21 Jan 2021 12:48

Also Dillon and Keke both in pads and practicing.
Going to make for a tough inactive list this week.

Read More. Post Less.

bobsacamano
Reactions:

Post by bobsacamano »

go pak go wrote:
20 Jan 2021 19:39
I like that MLF has his team practice outside.

Remember when Mike would never practice outside?
Can't slip away to get a massage outside, ya know? :)

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

NCF wrote:
21 Jan 2021 12:50
paco wrote:
21 Jan 2021 12:48

Also Dillon and Keke both in pads and practicing.
Going to make for a tough inactive list this week.
If we hear that Brown is out beforehand, it wouldn't surprise me to see Jackson and Hollman out again as healthy scratches. If Brown is a go, I think we should keep at least one of these guys in pads.
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

They have the 2015 AFC Championship game playing on the NFL network. Despite completely different teams, it's easy to see just how rattled Tom Brady got. Denver's front seven was getting pressure every single down, and never letting up. We certainly can take a page from this. There should be no reason why the likes of P. Smith, Z. Smith, Gary, Clark, Lancaster, and hopefully Keke shouldn't be able to rush Brady into making throws. He's 5 years slower.
RIP JustJeff

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Sunday marks the 7th game in a row the Bucs have played since their bye
Sunday marks the 2nd game in a row the Packers have played since their bye
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

PFT Picks Em
MDS’s take: When these teams met in the regular season, it was a one-sided beatdown, with the Bucs winning 38-10. I don’t think that game has much bearing on this one, though. Aaron Rodgers isn’t going to get shut down by the Tampa Bay defense the way he did that way, nor is the Packers’ defense going to have as bad a game as it did. I see this as a close and competitive game that could go either way, but in the end I like Rodgers to make one more play than Tom Brady in the fourth quarter.

MDS’s pick: Packers 30, Buccaneers 24.

Florio’s take: Something happened to Tampa Bay’s defense in the second half of Sunday’s win over the Saints. If that someone can continue in Green Bay, the Bucs will be headed to the Super Bowl. The challenge for the team that falls behind early in this one will be to not let pessimism creep in, especially when it will be tempting to wish for a quit exit from the cold temperatures. That’s why it will be more critical then ever for the Buccaneers to avoid stumbling out of the gates — which they did all too often during the season, including against the Packers. Then, a 10-0 hole became a 38-10 win. Now, it won’t be quite so easy.

Florio’s pick: Buccaneers 27, Packers 24.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Ah, all is right with the world!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Seeing Florio’s pick makes me feel much better about our chances this week...

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

APB wrote:
21 Jan 2021 21:24
Yeah, he was the only one to pick the Packers last year against SF if I remember correctly.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Is the Bucs' defense better than the Rams'? Everyone talks about how Tampa will overwhelm our line and we won't be able to run the ball so they will make Rodgers run for his life but these folks seem to forget we scored 32 points and produced 484 yards against the top rated defense just a few days ago. Unless our OL falls apart and/or we turn it over like the Saints did last weekend I like our chances.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pugger wrote:
22 Jan 2021 09:09
Is the Bucs' defense better than the Rams'? Everyone talks about how Tampa will overwhelm our line and we won't be able to run the ball so they will make Rodgers run for his life but these folks seem to forget we scored 32 points and produced 484 yards against the top rated defense just a few days ago. Unless our OL falls apart and/or we turn it over like the Saints did last weekend I like our chances.
It's different and it's better in certain areas. Keep the Front-7 guessing and the Packers can definitely take advantage of Tampa's secondary. I also really think the field conditions benefit our pass rushers against their OL and our OL against their pass rushers.

Read More. Post Less.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Pugger wrote:
One could argue that the Packers have the better defense.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Acrobat wrote:
22 Jan 2021 09:02
APB wrote:
Yeah, he was the only one to pick the Packers last year against SF if I remember correctly.
Where did you come from!?!?!! :shock:

Haven't seen [mention]Acrobat[/mention] in ages!!

Welcome, man, glad you found where way over here!!

:banana:

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

BF004 wrote:
22 Jan 2021 09:22
Acrobat wrote:
APB wrote:

Haven't seen @Acrobat in ages!!

LOL I forgot about this new place. Haha. Thought it would be a good time to show myself since we're winning the Super Bowl this year. :)

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Acrobat wrote:
22 Jan 2021 09:19
Pugger wrote:
One could argue that the Packers have the better defense.
I would say a little worse on the year as a whole.
image.png
image.png (132.21 KiB) Viewed 417 times

But I think we have been better since the midway point.
image.png
image.png (136.13 KiB) Viewed 417 times

Both defenses playing really well right now.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Acrobat wrote:
22 Jan 2021 09:34
BF004 wrote:
22 Jan 2021 09:22
Acrobat wrote:

Haven't seen @Acrobat in ages!!

LOL I forgot about this new place. Haha. Thought it would be a good time to show myself since we're winning the Super Bowl this year. :)
You, fair weather fan, you ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome back, great to see ya!