Official 2020 Draft Thread - Day 2 - NO SPOILERS!!!

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Waldo wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:29
BF004 wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:23
Waldo wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:13

Ya think?

I've never been a fan. Picture of mediocrity. Picked him because they had zero experience at RB at the time, and he could start competantly day 1.
Can we pick a couple of guys who could competently start at WR or ILB this year too?
Doubt it. At least at WR. Maybe if they had a top 15 pick. Rare is a starting caliber rookie WR. Especailly one that AR would actually throw to.
Umm, there were starters available at WR all the way up till about pick 60 whenever mims was picked. This draft was known to be one of the most loaded ever through 2 rounds. Packers have drafted two back ups though for those keeping score at home.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:39
NCF wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:37
@YoHoChecko

I'd like to come help you in the Dillon thread... but I just can't. Need to REALLY talk myself into understanding the value with that pick until I can even bother reading the tired responses you are getting in there.
No worries. I don't like the value, either. I just think everyone is looking for reasons to be mad because it wasn't a WR.

Honestly, reminds me of the "Nick Collins is a no name reach" talk after the Rodgers pick in 2005. People hate because they are angry right now.
No, I was just adamant about where I felt like we could get value as a team early on, with QB, RB, TE given this class, and edge, not being on that list.

3 of our first 4 picks, possibly all four of them, will go to that list.

Would be a hypocrite if I pretended to be excited.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:45
Isaiah Coulter feels more like a 4th rounder to me, but I could ok a 3rd round selection on him
Had him going to us in the 4th.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

TheGreenMan wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:44
Maybe. I don't remember who we had at safety though. Roman? Edwards? Safety was such a need for a long time until Collins, unlike RB.

We'll see. Maybe Dillion will be a total stud.
It's not about who we had at any position. It's about hating a player because we're already mad at the GM for a first round pick and not getting what we want.

When Rodgers was picked, everyone screamed we needed help for the defense instead. When we got help for the defense, everyone screamed he was a reach. They both turned into HoF caliber players.

Don't see that for Dillon, at all. But I think he'll be a year one contributor and adds something to the team that we don't currently have. Which... sounds like what we want?

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:11
Waldo wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:10
YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:01

But like, I literally just told you how.

He will get a ton of short-yardage and late-game back. He will finish games for us. He'll run out the clock. He'll convert those key downs. That is how he'll contribute in year one.
Yeah I suspect it'll be a lot more than that.

Not going to be hard to take reps from Jamal 3.0 ypc Williams. When he trots on the field, the offense goes in the ditch. Surely others realize how massive the difference in overall production of the offense is between when Jones and Williams are on the field. O couldn't do squat when Jones was getting a breather.
I’d say Williams roster spot may be in danger
What about Dexter Williams? I guess LaFleur doesn’t have much confidence in him.
Love is the answer…

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:48
TheGreenMan wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:44
Maybe. I don't remember who we had at safety though. Roman? Edwards? Safety was such a need for a long time until Collins, unlike RB.

We'll see. Maybe Dillion will be a total stud.
It's not about who we had at any position. It's about hating a player because we're already mad at the GM for a first round pick and not getting what we want.

When Rodgers was picked, everyone screamed we needed help for the defense instead. When we got help for the defense, everyone screamed he was a reach. They both turned into HoF caliber players.

Don't see that for Dillon, at all. But I think he'll be a year one contributor and adds something to the team that we don't currently have. Which... sounds like what we want?
Hard saying. I liked the Rodgers pick as he fell to us. :lol:
RIP JustJeff

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

What was the biggest problem on offense?

I would argue it wasn't WR or TE or even AR (at times).

They had a serious 3 n out problem. Related, they had a serious 3rd down problem.

WR and TE talent has widely been diagnosed as the root of those problems. And (somewhat hushed) AR.

I think they have addressed those problems better than people think thus far.

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:46
Waldo wrote:
BF004 wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:23

Can we pick a couple of guys who could competently start at WR or ILB this year too?
Doubt it. At least at WR. Maybe if they had a top 15 pick. Rare is a starting caliber rookie WR. Especailly one that AR would actually throw to.
Umm, there were starters available at WR all the way up till about pick 60 whenever mims was picked. This draft was known to be one of the most loaded ever through 2 rounds. Packers have drafted two back ups though for those keeping score at home.
Yeah, Rodgers is noted for throwing to rookie receivers too, right?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I don't want it to get twisted. I am disappointed. I just think too many people are apoplectic

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Waldo wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:51
What was the biggest problem on offense?

I would argue it wasn't WR or TE or even AR (at times).

They had a serious 3 n out problem. Related, they had a serious 3rd down problem.

WR and TE talent has widely been diagnosed as the root of those problems. And (somewhat hushed) AR.

I think they have addressed those problems better than people think thus far.
Bold - How? By not drafting any of those positions and bringing in Funchess? How does a back up qb and a slow back up rb help our pathetic receivers. If you don't think our plethora of late and undrafted players are pathetic you are in the minority outside of some homer packer boards.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Waldo wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:52
Drj820 wrote:
Waldo wrote:

Yeah, drafting a WR wasn't about a "starter" this year. A guy could probably contribute something, but rookie WR's take time... always. People just want to vent now.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

7 more until you are all mad for the 3rd time.
RIP JustJeff

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:53
I don't want it to get twisted. I am disappointed. I just think too many people are apoplectic
I just hate the loser mentality of the draft so far.

This is not an organization focused on going and winning the game in front of them. That is important when you have one of the best qbs of all time.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

paco wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:54
/Thread
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The whole booing bit is getting super old.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

go pak go wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:56
The whole booing bit is getting super old.
Was old 7yrs ago. They don't even know what they're booing him for anymore.
RIP JustJeff

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

NCF wrote:
Waldo wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:52
Drj820 wrote:

Yeah, drafting a WR wasn't about a "starter" this year. A guy could probably contribute something, but rookie WR's take time... always. People just want to vent now.
https://www.pff.com/news/fantasy-footba ... nasty-2020

First article came up on google and just last years rookies - top 5 all impacted there team. Some in the 2nd round.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

bud fox wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:55
This is not an organization focused on going and winning the game in front of them. That is important when you have one of the best qbs of all time.
Fair. It is. But, no offense, you (and others) would also be leading the charge when Rodgers retires that we weren't prepared with a QB to replace him. The QB in the wings is never going to be a popular value proposition in the short-term.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
Not if we get Tyler Johnson. :)

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

BF004 wrote:
24 Apr 2020 22:00
paco wrote:
Not if we get Tyler Johnson. :)
Would have taken him in the second. I'd be thrilled with the pick.
RIP JustJeff