Rodgers Watch 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Rodgers 2023

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2023 21:19

Retired
7%
Traded
66%
Packer
27%

Total votes: 44

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
14 Feb 2023 11:13
Yoop wrote:
14 Feb 2023 10:37
Labrev wrote:
14 Feb 2023 10:22
His best option by far is actually SanFran, but he seems to still hold a grudge from the 2005 draft, and is reportedly not interested for that reason.

Idiot. :lol:
every QB's best option is to play for SF, loaded with talent all over the team, but why would Shanahan want to move on from Purdy or Lance?

Purdy sustained a serious throwing-arm injury in the AFCCG. He may not quite be ready to start the season, and even when he gets back, he may need time before he's back in the swing of things.

So that just leaves Lance did not look good in early action, and he can't exactly do much to work on his game with a broken shin or whatever it was, for a team that was 1 game away from the SB. Lance is rumored to be on the trade block.

If they are delusional enough to think the Choke Artist will get them there, they are not gonna pass it up over a small-school QB that has truly shown nothing to date. Our team, OTOH, was not 1 game away. We needed to beat three or four awful teams just to sniff the playoffs (then lost to the worst D in the league, thanks in large part to his play in the second half).

the reason he said he wont be playing for SF had nothing to do with 2005
And you know this how, exactly?

I feel like you just pathologically insist the opposite of whatever I say, regardless of its truth. If I say he wears #12 you will say "NO! He wears number 999" and that I am saying "12" just to make him seem lesser than his true number.
I disagree, because your a lunatic, you call the best QB the team has had a choke artist, when this team for the last decade has never helped him win the big games, never mind that Rodgers wasn't able to be his normal 110%, the damn team never was either, at least 5 dropped passes in 2020, not to mention a defense that couldn't get off the field, or the worst ST's in the league.

you lay the blame at Rodgers feet and over look all these other shortcomings, so in my book Labrev that makes you less then reasonable

you paint a rosy picture of a future with Love, and all you have to back that up is, what, 17 passes? so excuse me for not following your blind enthusiasm or dreams.

again, here you are thinking Rodgers holds a grudge 17 years later against a team of completely different personal :rotf:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
14 Feb 2023 11:30
BF004 wrote:
14 Feb 2023 09:38
This is, what, the second or third offseason that this narrative is trotted out, and while it may very well have some truth, Rodgers has talked a LOT about his decision-making process. And he has never, that I recall, a single time, mentioned the best path to championships. It just doesn't strike me as the decision he is making. He wants to win and compete, certainly. But when he says "I have nothing left to prove," he strikes me as the type who means it.
thats my take too, this team has not since 2010 had for 1. a defense thats been able to secure a lead, every season since has had to rely on Rodgers mostly to even get to the PO's, Obviously that will temper expectations, how could it not? yep he plays for the Love of the game, with hopes for personal success, and some luck to go further.

who wouldn't.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
14 Feb 2023 11:46
you call the best QB the team has had a choke artist
Strictly speaking, your claim (best QB the team has had) does not contradict mine (Choke Artist).

Brett Favre arguably was the best QB the team ever had before Rodgers took over, and that did not change the fact. He was a CHOKE ARTIST!!
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
14 Feb 2023 12:07
Yoop wrote:
14 Feb 2023 11:46
you call the best QB the team has had a choke artist
Strictly speaking, your claim (best QB the team has had) does not contradict mine (Choke Artist).

Brett Favre arguably was the best QB the team ever had before Rodgers took over, and that did not change the fact. He was a CHOKE ARTIST!!
Favre was the choke artist, ended more PO games with very poor decisions then any of the top 3, Bart Starr was the best field General and game manager, called most of the game time plays, Aaron Rodgers is and probably will always be the most accurate QB.
your welcome to your opinion, I'll stick with mine and so will most football people, unlike you and some others here, they know Rodgers isn't the reason we don't have more trophy's during his career as a Packer.

heres another tid bit to stick in your pipe, the best overall teams in Packer history was the 60's teams, not even freaking close, can you imagine Rodgers QBacking those teams in this live ball era?
Last edited by Yoop on 14 Feb 2023 12:38, edited 1 time in total.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
BF004 wrote:
This is, what, the second or third offseason that this narrative is trotted out, and while it may very well have some truth, Rodgers has talked a LOT about his decision-making process. And he has never, that I recall, a single time, mentioned the best path to championships. It just doesn't strike me as the decision he is making. He wants to win and compete, certainly. But when he says "I have nothing left to prove," he strikes me as the type who means it.
i honestly think that chatter is a protection mechanism for Rodgers. He wants to steer the narrative away from his rings and point us toward his MVPs. He wants people to think the SB isnt his top priority, so if he never wins another one, its not like he failed at any of his goals.

I think its cope and protecting himself from looking like a failure, or even taking responsibility for the many failures.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Feb 2023 12:35
i honestly think that chatter is a protection mechanism for Rodgers. He wants to steer the narrative away from his rings and point us toward his MVPs. He wants people to think the SB isnt his top priority, so if he never wins another one, its not like he failed at any of his goals.

I think its cope and protecting himself from looking like a failure, or even taking responsibility for the many failures.
Huh.

I hadn't thought of it that way; I just think that other quality of life factors matter more to him than winning championships. And I say that without judgment or anything. But who knows.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I’m convinced Labrev walked in on Rodgers clapping his moms cheeks and ever since then he’s despised him.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Feb 2023 12:35
YoHoChecko wrote:
BF004 wrote:

It's like me and Frenchy ( Labev) ( opps, I forgot the R)right here, I'am doing my utmost to hide the truth, I actually Love Lovey :rotf: some times ya have to disguise the truth with mis directed perception :hide:
Last edited by Yoop on 14 Feb 2023 12:58, edited 1 time in total.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
14 Feb 2023 12:46
I’m convinced Labrev walked in on Rodgers clapping his moms cheeks and ever since then he’s despised him.
Goodness Gracious Lupe, just the thought raises all sorts of........... :rotf:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I heard 13 years ago that Rodgers doesn't clap the ladies' cheeks...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

lupedafiasco wrote:
The irony of this is Rodgers defense is way closer to cuckholdry (or Abusive Relationship, either one works) than being a hater: all that faithful defense and he does not even deliver anything worthwhile to you, like another trophy.

Yet all he has to do to convince you to let him sleep with other wom-- uhh, I mean, underperforming in the playoffs, is "Heh, well maybe I should just leave, then maybe you will see a return to the 70s and 80s era!" and then it's "no no no please!!!"

Rodgers can GM the team for all I care if he wins us another trophy. He won't, though, because he is who I thought he is.
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pretty sure adding a middle finger emoji is more PC than this conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
14 Feb 2023 13:02
lupedafiasco wrote:
The irony of this is Rodgers defense is way closer to cuckholdry (or Abusive Relationship, either one works) than being a hater: all that faithful defense and he does not even deliver anything worthwhile to you, like another trophy.

Yet all he has to do to convince you to let him sleep with other wom-- uhh, I mean, underperforming in the playoffs, is "Heh, well maybe I should just leave, then maybe you will see a return to the 70s and 80s era!" and then it's "no no no please!!!"

Rodgers can GM the team for all I care if he wins us another trophy. He won't, though, because he is who I thought he is.
my issue Labrev is you simply refuse to take everything that doesn't help Rodgers into consideration and act as though those same limitation wont apply to Love, Rodgers has been no more a choke artist then most QB's that lose big games, almost always, ( not always, just almost) the supporting cast does so poorly the QB is just not able to over come it, and it's just as simple as that, and if you'd get honest you would see thats actually been the cases with most of our PO losses.

we watch these games and easily see how he could have done this, saw that WR, escaped a sack, or any number of things we wish he would have done different, thats a luxury a QB rarely has when everything is going on around him at bullet speed, and last seasons issues just added to that, no chemistry with the OL or the receivers, a defense that wasn't much help, ST's which had been a achles heel was the best unit we had, so excuse me if I lack your disgust with Rodgers, you over look so much to just &%$@ on him.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
14 Feb 2023 13:34
my issue Labrev is you simply refuse to take everything that doesn't help Rodgers into consideration and act as though those same limitation wont apply to Love, Rodgers has been no more a choke artist then most QB's that lose big games, almost always, ( not always, just almost) the supporting cast does so poorly the QB is just not able to over come it, and it's just as simple as that, and if you'd get honest you would see thats actually been the cases with most of our PO losses.
Well no, see, that's the beauty of this, I don't accept those trite excuses for other QBs, either! 8-)

You won't see me indulge this same sort of apologia for Peyton Manning, or Favre. They were chokers, IMO. If I had their shills constantly trying to tell me otherwise, yeah, I would definitely have a Manningz Haterz routine down pat by now.

Rodgers is basically just a less successful Peyton.
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
14 Feb 2023 14:14
Yoop wrote:
Well no, see, that's the beauty of this, I don't accept those trite excuses for other QBs, either! 8-)

You won't see me indulge this same sort of apologia for Peyton Manning, or Favre. They were chokers, IMO. If I had their shills constantly trying to tell me otherwise, yeah, I would definitely have a Manningz Haterz routine down pat by now.

exactly why trying to have a reasonable conversation with you is impossible, every QB to you is a choke artist, please don't bother to respond, when you call me a shill, or Rodgers a lousy QB my impression is that I'am wasting my time talking to a fool

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
14 Feb 2023 14:55
Labrev wrote:
14 Feb 2023 14:14
Yoop wrote:

exactly why trying to have a reasonable conversation with you is impossible, every QB to you is a choke artist, please don't bother to respond, when you call me a shill, or Rodgers a lousy QB my impression is that I'am wasting my time talking to a fool
Don't want to get in the middle of this love fest on such a special day, but just want to point out my own view, and I am going to word it very carefully. Rodgers is not a choke artist. Rodgers has done a ton of good things, even in the postseason for the Packers and as a team they have far too often come up short. I am perfectly comfortable also admitting, that while teams lose games, Rodgers too often fell short of expectations in many of those games with the same supporting cast that rolled through regular season after regular season. It wasn't always his fault but too often he was not able to transcend the circumstances around him in the postseason. It's sad, because I think most people seem to feel he could have done a little bit more... whatever it was.

I will always remember Aaron fondly, but I am definitely not signing up for one more year given our current constraints when the results with much better circumstances didn't yield ultimate results.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Carr may have a bigger market for his services than Rodgers when you consider that carr prolly wants to play for several more years and hel be cheap to pay and free to acquire
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
14 Feb 2023 15:39
Carr may have a bigger market for his services than Rodgers when you consider that carr prolly wants to play for several more years and hel be cheap to pay and free to acquire
It will be interesting to see. Kind of the same choice we have. Is one year (maybe more) of Rodgers better than longer term alternatives?

Read More. Post Less.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

It doesn't matter what AR was or can still be. We can't afford the cap hits in the coming years and keep the guys you need. Tell AR good luck and send him to the Jets and take the draft picks. Give Love a reasonable 3 year deal. One middling year and if the draft picks hit, and the cap is cleared, you can stock up on some FAs and make a run with Love before he costs tons of cash.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Cdragon wrote:
14 Feb 2023 20:51
It doesn't matter what AR was or can still be. We can't afford the cap hits in the coming years and keep the guys you need. Tell AR good luck and send him to the Jets and take the draft picks. Give Love a reasonable 3 year deal. One middling year and if the draft picks hit, and the cap is cleared, you can stock up on some FAs and make a run with Love before he costs tons of cash.
Correct. You can't keep the team together 2 more years if you keep Rodgers. Even next season's team will be minus several FA's if you keep Rodgers.

However if the Packers trade Rodgers, they are likely to pick up at least a good 1st round pick, a starter, maybe at TE or Safety. Then they can exercise Love's 5th year option for $20 million and we can finally discover how good he is. If he is good, lock him in as long as possible. If not, $20 mil is affordable since Rodgers is gone.

Keeping Rodgers makes Love unaffordable and he will walk as a UFA a year from now with only a comp pick.

Holding my breath that Rodgers is a Jet or a Raider and the Packers have a fighter's chance at the playoffs this next season