Green Bay Packers @ Minnesota Vikings GDT - 9/13 - 12:00 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

go pak go wrote:
15 Sep 2020 06:42
I will go on the record and state I don't believe we traded up for Love to "send Aaron a message".

Because if we did, I want the front office fired just like I wanted Aaron cut if he was playing poorly to send the message to fire Mike.

They drafted Love because they think Love can be a really solid player with 3 years of development.
It's not so much that we picked him just to send a message, it's that LaFleur looked at the team and realized that Rodgers was the biggest problem (due to both being below average at a very high salary as well as having a humongous ego i.e. not being willing to change even though he clearly dropped off) so they decided to force the issue with a no-lose situation: we go QB in R1 and either Rodgers takes his head out of his ass (and thus becomes great again) or we move on (with a QB who, if average, wouldn't be much of a drop-off, because Rodgers was pretty average himself).

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Pugger wrote:
15 Sep 2020 06:34
texas wrote:
14 Sep 2020 21:21
go pak go wrote:
14 Sep 2020 08:19
I just can't underscore enough how excited I am though about this season and about this team. And it was because of one guy yesterday.

Aaron Rodgers.

I can't state enough how excited I am watching Aaron Rodgers yesterday. I don't think we have seen this from Rodgers since 2011/2010. He was in rhythm. He stayed in the pocket. He took what the defense gave him and dumped the ball to halfbacks when nothing was there.

YOU GUYS.

And what was even better is he was also still Aaron Rodgers we know and love. He still did the hardcount. He still had those plays where he escaped for a broken play and he made them. Like all of them.

Our offense is so much better when Rodgers is say 5 for 7 on broken plays rather than what we have seen the last many years of say 8 for 19 or so.

We honestly should have put 50....really 60 points on MN.

We all heard all August that Rodgers was back and nothing yesterday showed anything to the contrary.
This. I said it when we drafted Love- I hoped and somewhat expected that he would never see the field for us. Not like never as in this season but never as in like ever (except of course as a backup or gadget player).

I do sort of believe that MLF saw the same thing I saw- that this team's problem was the diva attitude from 12 and that he figured that he'd spend a 1st round pick on a QB if it came to it, not necessarily as a replacement but as a kick in the ass. I mean, yeah of course having a cheap Jordan Love is better than a mid-tier QB like Rodgers at $30m, but the pick was made as a no-lose situation: either Rodgers shapes up or we save a lot of $$$. And I would rather Rodgers just be what he once was again. I would gladly throw away a R1 pick if it meant we got 2011 Rodgers back.
I never got the impression MLF had an issue with 12. From a distance they seemed to get along well. Last year AR struggled at times because he was learning a new offense for the first time in his career. IMO the reason Gute took Love is they felt he was the best player still on the board (and all the WR's with a first round grade) were gone.
Yeah idk about that. They might legit be friends but you can't be an effective HC when you come in and your HOF QB immediately has a public disagreement with you and you blink. MLF needs to have the leverage and it needs to be known to all.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/aaron-rodg ... 03920.html

I agree with this, Rodgers got better in a new scheme almost weekly lAST year, growing pains in a new scheme for everyone on offense, this year almost everyone on offense looks to have improved with the added off season and experience, instead of shoring up weak positions with OL and WR, we use the first pick on a player that may never see the field his entire rookie contract, and we did the same thing with Gary last year, if we continue to draft for the future we'll continue to come in 2nd place, drafting solely for the future has landed us 2 lombardi's in 20 years with 2 first ballot HOF QB's, not good, we should have fixed the OL, or DL, or WR, Rodgers looks in his prime, these next couple seasons are our best chance to win it all, LOVE is no more then a promisary note, neither of these two first round picks impress me.

I suppose this article is a red herring too

and Tex your so out in the weeds with your comment it's not even worth responding to, NO LOSE PICK???????? we had to play 7 diff O lineman Sunday, the Love pick cost up a potential starting OL

and everything you said about Rodgers is a figment of your imagination

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

texas wrote:
16 Sep 2020 02:28
Pugger wrote:
15 Sep 2020 06:34
texas wrote:
14 Sep 2020 21:21

This. I said it when we drafted Love- I hoped and somewhat expected that he would never see the field for us. Not like never as in this season but never as in like ever (except of course as a backup or gadget player).

I do sort of believe that MLF saw the same thing I saw- that this team's problem was the diva attitude from 12 and that he figured that he'd spend a 1st round pick on a QB if it came to it, not necessarily as a replacement but as a kick in the ass. I mean, yeah of course having a cheap Jordan Love is better than a mid-tier QB like Rodgers at $30m, but the pick was made as a no-lose situation: either Rodgers shapes up or we save a lot of $$$. And I would rather Rodgers just be what he once was again. I would gladly throw away a R1 pick if it meant we got 2011 Rodgers back.
I never got the impression MLF had an issue with 12. From a distance they seemed to get along well. Last year AR struggled at times because he was learning a new offense for the first time in his career. IMO the reason Gute took Love is they felt he was the best player still on the board (and all the WR's with a first round grade) were gone.
Yeah idk about that. They might legit be friends but you can't be an effective HC when you come in and your HOF QB immediately has a public disagreement with you and you blink. MLF needs to have the leverage and it needs to be known to all.
What public disagreement are you talking about? :dunno:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Pugger wrote:
16 Sep 2020 06:38
Training camp's infamous Audible-gate? :idn:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
16 Sep 2020 12:50
Pugger wrote:
16 Sep 2020 06:38
Training camp's infamous Audible-gate? :idn:
:suicide:

Read More. Post Less.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Yes. Plus there were a couple other instances I remember. MLF needed to assert dominance and he did it.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

texas wrote:
16 Sep 2020 14:31
Yes. Plus there were a couple other instances I remember. MLF needed to assert dominance and he did it.
"He likes joint practices" and "I don't like joint practices".
RIP JustJeff

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Cool clip from Ben Fennell

Shows Marcedes Lewis delivering a beautiful combo block. First he shoves Bakh's guy so David doesn't have to reach as far, then Lewis moves up to the next level and blows out the LB. That's fantastic blocking. The whole OL does a heck of a job, but Lewis really helps the run game go

IT. IS. TIME

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BSA wrote:
16 Sep 2020 21:16
Cool clip from Ben Fennell

Shows Marcedes Lewis delivering a beautiful combo block. First he shoves Bakh's guy so David doesn't have to reach as far, then Lewis moves up to the next level and blows out the LB. That's fantastic blocking. The whole OL does a heck of a job, but Lewis really helps the run game go

Its why Marcedes Lewis is worth his weight in gold, even if he finishes the season without a reception.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Man, what an awful play by Yannick, slow out of the stance, no lateral movement, looks like he trips up over his own feet.

Wonder if that was off a quicker snap, he didn't look ready for the snap.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Loving the buy in from everyone doing their part. How many WR's wouldn't be willing to make this block. Guessing Davante is one, lol, wouldn't want to even put him in that situation, but if we added two WR's like that, absolutely starts to limit some of the other things you can do.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
17 Sep 2020 08:23

Its why Marcedes Lewis is worth his weight in gold, even if he finishes the season without a reception.
Well, at the current rate the cost of his weight in gold would be $7,534,000, so we are getting a bargain! ;) :lol:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Re-posting Week 1 Victory Vid... because we need this in our lives.

Read More. Post Less.