Rodgers Watch 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Rodgers 2023

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2023 21:19

Retired
7%
Traded
66%
Packer
27%

Total votes: 44

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
24 Feb 2023 10:45
Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Feb 2023 09:49
you mean the dozens of previous regurgitated opinions you've shared upon deaf ears
I don't even know what to say to this statement. The best analogy I can think of is when, as a parent, you yell at your kids, "Stop Yelling!"
I was rendered speechless more from the irony of the statement and who made it.
Exactly.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

so funny ya'll sit here and defend stuff that where obvious issues through out the season, we saw receivers run poor routes, wrong routes, drop perfect passes as well as catchable passes, we saw Blockers pushed right back to Rodgers if not burned completely untouched on top of Rodgers in a instant, but if only Love would have played it would have been alright

and now if the FO decides to keep Rodgers on ya'll want them fired, mostly because you want change, doesn't seem to matter that change more often leads to zero improvement, and even more often a decline, people focus on successful transitions and are blind to the failed attempts..

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

so funny ya'll sit here and defend stuff that where obvious issues through out the season, we saw receivers run poor routes, wrong routes, drop perfect passes as well as catchable passes, we saw Blockers pushed right back to Rodgers if not burned completely untouched on top of Rodgers in a instant
Who is defending those things? Where did those things get defended? Like before, this just isn't happening on this forum.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Case in point...

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
24 Feb 2023 11:05
Case in point...
to funny, here you are commenting about something you where never a part of, ya want some peanuts while your ass is planted in the gallery?

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

yoop, I'm not sure you understand the difference between when the OL is being "pushed back" in the normal course of pass-blocking and has the DL mostly under control, versus an OL being pushed back because he is unable to stop a bull-rush.

I feel like you just see any movement backwards as ipso-facto pressure and poor blocking by the OL, when in reality, a lot of that is more than adequate pass-blocking for an NFL QB.

I know this in part because I have gone back and re-watched the plays where you allege the OL let up pressure. :oops:

I'm not saying the OL play was spotless this past season, but I don't think it was as bad as you insist.
Last edited by Labrev on 24 Feb 2023 11:18, edited 1 time in total.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Feb 2023 11:02
so funny ya'll sit here and defend stuff that where obvious issues through out the season, we saw receivers run poor routes, wrong routes, drop perfect passes as well as catchable passes, we saw Blockers pushed right back to Rodgers if not burned completely untouched on top of Rodgers in a instant
Who is defending those things? Where did those things get defended? Like before, this just isn't happening on this forum.
you where for 17 games in 2022, basically all year.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
24 Feb 2023 11:17
yoop, I'm not sure you understand the difference between when the OL is being "pushed back" in the normal course of pass-blocking and has the DL mostly under control, versus an OL being pushed back because he is unable to stop a bull-rush.

I feel like you just see any movement backwards as ipso-facto pressure and poor blocking by the OL, when in reality, a lot of that is more than adequate pass-blocking for an NFL QB.

I know this in part because I have gone back and re-watched the plays where you allege the OL let up pressure. :oops:

I'm not saying the OL play was spotless this past season, but I don't think it was as bad as you insist.
don't come here telling me about OL blocking, how the hell is Rodgers suppose to be able to tell if a rusher is going to break free after he has the OL man pushed back to him, actually rushers often do break free and sack QB's when doing that stuff.

ffs Labrev, are you so dense that u can't grasp that when the lineman ( and last year it happened from all 5 positions) are continuously pushed back it forces Rodgers to look for it as well as read progressions, he never new where the pressure would come from, just that very likely it would come, insert Love in those same situations and I can guarantee you he would done no better and more likely a lot worse.

I contend that one reason we didn't see Love when Rodgers thumb was it's worst was for that reason, why destroy Loves confidence by sticking him into a bad situation, just a thought.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
24 Feb 2023 11:18
Pckfn23 wrote:
This is simply not true. I was an equal opportunity criticizer all year.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
24 Feb 2023 11:28
don't come here telling me about OL blocking, how the hell is Rodgers suppose to be able to tell if a rusher is going to break free after he has the OL man pushed back to him,
So how close does a DL need to be to the QB, according to the vaunted yoop pressure system, for him to be "pushed back to him" as opposed to not being pressured? You're all about "football IQ" so please educate us lowly plebians.
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
24 Feb 2023 11:47
Yoop wrote:
24 Feb 2023 11:28
don't come here telling me about OL blocking, how the hell is Rodgers suppose to be able to tell if a rusher is going to break free after he has the OL man pushed back to him,
So how close does a DL need to be to the QB, according to the vaunted yoop pressure system, for him to be "pushed back to him" as opposed to not being pressured? You're all about "football IQ" so please educate us lowly plebians.
more then your description of anchor blocking, what you refuse to acknowledge can be seen on over half the pass plays we had in a lot of the games last year, the OL got better later in the season, it was a sieve, with a rusher coming from a different spot till then.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

[mention]Yoop[/mention] So how close does a DL need to be to the QB for him to be "pushed back to him" as opposed to not being pressured?
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Feb 2023 11:46
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Yeah. Every game we would have our list of things players did well and players didn't do well.

The only time any post would get commented on is the sections of the posts where we pointed out Rodgers didn't do well. Honestly I loathed doing it but then again did it because I don't want a forum to only list the faults of Allen Lazard just because that's an easy target.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
24 Feb 2023 12:06
@Yoop So how close does a DL need to be to the QB for him to be "pushed back to him" as opposed to not being pressured?
are you serious? it's simply impossibly to answer such idiotic questions, so I'll refuse to attempt to.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
24 Feb 2023 12:24
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Yeah. Every game we would have our list of things players did well and players didn't do well.

The only time any post would get commented on is the sections of the posts where we pointed out Rodgers didn't do well. Honestly I loathed doing it but then again did it because I don't want a forum to only list the faults of Allen Lazard just because that's an easy target.
every time I brought up poor pass pro, I was hit with stats that showed no pressure, PFF one time gave Bahk a perfect grade when a rusher went right around him and was bearing in on Rodgers as he got rid of the ball, no pressure?, and that was the case a lot with other OL as well.

totally obvious that a receiver screwed up a route and nothing but complete push back from you and the rest of you Rodgers critics.

and you wonder why I argue with you guys, no matter where the fault is you will blame Rodgers and discount the fault of others just as ya did all year when receivers failed to catch the tough passes.

and if the FO decides to keep Rodgers around, they'll be called stupid for doing so because they didn't listen to people like Dunn or McGinn or you, who think you know something they don't.

you've been bashing Rodgers longer then I've been bashing the receiver situation, never been a level playing field with you, I shouldn't expect that to change no matter how obvious that is, as Yoho said, I'am not the only person that recognizes this stuff, it's common knowledge to anyone not as biased as some ofyou

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Still keeping his promise to not hold the organization hostage...

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
24 Feb 2023 13:03
go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

every time I brought up poor pass pro, I was hit with stats that showed no pressure, PFF one time gave Bahk a perfect grade when a rusher went right around him and was bearing in on Rodgers as he got rid of the ball, no pressure, and that was the cause a lot with other OL as well.
Again this was not true. This is one example that is being applied to all games and even this one example was not disagreed with. That PFF pass pressures given up are posted after every game is not an indication of support. Everyone here recognizes the OL was not very good the first half of the season, but was much better after Jenkins was moved to LG and they got some consistency in their positions.
totally obvious that a receiver screwed up a route and nothing but complete push back from you and the rest of you Rodgers critics.
It isn't totally obvious that a receiver screwed up a route. On one hand there is the opinion that if a ball lands at a receiver's feet, it is the receiver that ran the route too deep. On the other hand when that ball lands at a receiver's feet, it is the QBs that shorted the pass. Either could be true to varying degrees, but it is almost never totally obvious. You tend to believe that the vast majority of the time, it is the receiver's fault. That does not mean it is.
and you wonder why I argue with you guys, no matter where the fault is you will blame Rodgers and discount the fault of others just as ya did all year when receivers failed to catch the tough passes.
Again, not factual. I and [mention]go pak go[/mention] are equal opportunity criticizers. Blame will be place on any player that looks to have messed up. No player is exempt, HOWEVER there is a matter of expectation. We don't expect Samori Toure to carry this team to victory, but for Aaron Rodgers, that expectation should be there to some extent.
and if the FO decides to keep Rodgers around, they'll be called stupid for doing so because they didn't listen to people like Dunn or McGinn or you, who think you know something they don't.
Alright, then the same needs to be true if you ever choose to criticize the Front Office.
you've been bashing Rodgers longer then I've been bashing the receiver situation, never been a level playing field with you, I shouldn't expect that to change no matter how obvious that is, as Yoho said, I'am not the only person that recognizes this stuff, it's common knowledge to anyone not as biased as some ofyou
So do some players not deserve criticism for mistakes?

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
24 Feb 2023 12:48
Labrev wrote:
@Yoop So how close does a DL need to be to the QB for him to be "pushed back to him" as opposed to not being pressured?
are you serious? it's simply impossibly to answer such idiotic questions, so I'll refuse to attempt to.
:rotf:
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Feb 2023 13:15
Yoop wrote:
24 Feb 2023 13:03
go pak go wrote:

every time I brought up poor pass pro, I was hit with stats that showed no pressure, PFF one time gave Bahk a perfect grade when a rusher went right around him and was bearing in on Rodgers as he got rid of the ball, no pressure, and that was the cause a lot with other OL as well.
Again this was not true. This is one example that is being applied to all games and even this one example was not disagreed with. That PFF pass pressures given up are posted after every game is not an indication of support. Everyone here recognizes the OL was not very good the first half of the season, but was much better after Jenkins was moved to LG and they got some consistency in their positions.
It isn't totally obvious that a receiver screwed up a route. On one hand there is the opinion that if a ball lands at a receiver's feet, it is the receiver that ran the route too deep. On the other hand when that ball lands at a receiver's feet, it is the QBs that shorted the pass. Either could be true to varying degrees, but it is almost never totally obvious. You tend to believe that the vast majority of the time, it is the receiver's fault. That does not mean it is.
Again, not factual. I and @go pak go are equal opportunity criticizers. Blame will be place on any player that looks to have messed up. No player is exempt, HOWEVER there is a matter of expectation. We don't expect Samori Toure to carry this team to victory, but for Aaron Rodgers, that expectation should be there to some extent.
Alright, then the same needs to be true if you ever choose to criticize the Front Office.
So do some players not deserve criticism for mistakes?
It wasn't just the Bahk play, it was free rushers beating every position on the line at different times last season, and pushing our blockers backwards to the point that Rodgers had to reset, you keep defending this stuff as though you never even watched the games, and for you to think that doesn't have a cumulative affect on Rodgers mindset sends to me a clear message that you have no idea how that stuff works, freaking zero.

you say you played the game, you even say you coach it, so when you down play those very critical aspect of the QB position I know your mind is biased.

and for a FO to make a decision to keep Rodgers is a lot different then refusing to bring in quality at any position for 2/3rds of a decade let alone a position that tends to make the difference in most games as WR does, how in thee hell anyone can support that crap and then say in the same breath, well if the FO decides to keep Rodgers it's no different then that, :thwap:

so funny,
. I and @go pak go are equal opportunity criticizers, horse manure, you 2 defended the OL, the WR at every turn, and when Rodgers throws 3 or 4 yrds away from the receiver, it's on the receiver, no way Rodgers is that inaccurate, and even the under thrown passes, which weren't many can be blamed on the thumb, I had to listen to you and other rag on Rodgers for 5 months, and rarely ever did you blame anyone or anything else, defense, sure, but that was so screwed up anyone that breaths did.

Like I said a lot, and you can go look it up, I've been one of Loves chief supporters, but I wont trash Rodgers in the process, he is still imo a lot better QB then you think he is, and I also believe he could QB this team better then Love for the next few seasons, and if Gute and CO. bring him back it's because they also feel the same.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
24 Feb 2023 13:42
Yoop wrote:
24 Feb 2023 12:48
Labrev wrote:
are you serious? it's simply impossible to answer such idiotic questions, so I'll refuse to attempt to.
:rotf:
your a fool, glad you got your kicks