Rodgers Watch 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Rodgers 2023

Poll ended at 03 Jun 2023 21:19

Retired
7%
Traded
66%
Packer
27%

Total votes: 44

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

wizard 87 wrote:
23 Feb 2023 16:16
I have to say, the last couple of weeks this whole thing is getting heated no matter where you go. It's Rodgers/Favre 2.0 in the making.

Frankly, it's pure poo. I am a fan of the GB Packers. I sat in that stadium before the big renovation and watched Lynn Dickey, Randy Wright, and the Majik man play. I cheered when we were getting our butts handed to us as loud as I did when we won the last 2 Super Bowls. I really don't care who stays and goes each season because inevitably the NFL is a business and as such players will only be here a certain time and be gone. It's why I don't buy Jersey's.

If some of these "fans" who are so hung up on one player or players and say they'll not support us or get ugly when someone talks about a player not returning.... then in all honesty you were never a Packer fan to start with. No I in TEAM

As for Rodgers, I say again he brings most of it upon himself and no I don't feel sorry for the circus he's caught up in. If he's under center I'll cheer for him, if it's Love then that's our QB and we do the same.

There rant over. :beer2:
Unfortunately now we're booing Aaron and LaCoach at Lambeau due their "complementary football" ineptness. Game 17 versus Detroit was a 4th quarter boo fest

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

For all the hysteria over the 70s and 80s, I'll just say that playing your best and not being good enough is worthy of a fan's support. I am proud of that team.

Having talent and underachieving like the last couple years warrants boo-birds for sure. I don't like that team, and I didn't like the 2022 Packers. That team isn't sparing me from some worse fate. I'll take playing hard without talent over having it and still being mediocre.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rodgers couldn’t even complete 4 days in the dark. Choked and came out before he reached his goal.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
23 Feb 2023 17:25
Rodgers couldn’t even complete 4 days in the dark. Choked and came out before he reached his goal.
Did he say anything?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

wallyuwl wrote:
23 Feb 2023 17:27
Drj820 wrote:
Did he say anything?
6 more weeks of winter
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
23 Feb 2023 09:20
Pugger wrote:
22 Feb 2023 23:33
Drj820 wrote:
22 Feb 2023 21:18
Rodgers is a pain in the a**. If they let the pain stick around, it tells us what they really think of Love, despite what they say to friendly media.

I will excited watching a season with Love. I will have already seen the movie if Rodgers comes back.
Why is Rodgers a pain? Because he is taking his time to decide his future? I have no issue with that. This is a big decision for him so kudos to Packers' management for giving him space here. I think Gute and company revealed what they think about Love when they decided to keep Rodgers starting even after he broke his thumb. Love showed promise against the Eagles but he may not be ready to take over the reins just yet. This is why I believe AR will be back in GB next season if he wants to continue playing and doesn't request a trade.
Very good rationale for thinking Rodgers will be back. Also good point about how they may be lying when they gush over Love through media leaks.

That said, Rodgers is a pain because:
1) paid 50m, has 3 new rookies, can’t be bothered to come to OTAs and work with them
2) says reports of packers having conversations about the orgs future without him “interesting”, as if world should wait on him.
3) makes sure everyone know he is responsible for success.
4) makes sure everyone knows he is not responsible for team failures.
So him saying it is "interesting" = the world should wait on him?? How so? I believe you are reading more onto that than anything. He has often said he has to play better so I don't know where you got the impression he doesn't take responsibility for team failures. I do agree he should have attended OTAs.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

go pak go wrote:
23 Feb 2023 15:47
The only real injuries I consider material variables for 2022 were the injuries to Bak and Jenkins, Watson and then Doubs and most importantly Rashan Gary.

There was a noticeable improvement in Oline play when Bak and Jekins settled in. Watson was a true playmaker at WR and Rashan Gary is an absolute force.

But we lost when Gary was playing and our healthy Oline got destroyed week 18. I just dont' see a whole lot of correlation of injury to success for 2022. Every team has injuries. I don't think we can blame our failure largely on injuries for 2022.
Our losing streak began while we were still very beat up. With the injuries along the OLine alone, we could probably win one or two more games. Then, we’d be in the playoffs. I’d say that’s a significant difference.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
23 Feb 2023 15:53
bud fox wrote:
23 Feb 2023 15:01
YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Feb 2023 14:53

The QB breaks/runs the huddle.

And he should have missed games. He played through a broken thumb on his throwing hand and it was a disaster.
So he should break huddle before the play comes in. You think he is singing songs in the huddle?

We literally see him in multiple games gesturing to the sideline to hurry up with the play.
MLF getting the play in is part of the issue, but remember Rodgers did the same thing under MM
No problem running the clock down to nil. The problem is getting to the line with 7 8 seconds to go.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Drj820 wrote:
If he really left early ........... that gives the Packers even more justification to get the black tent purchased and erected sooner rather than later. If Red Batty was still around I'm sure he'd figure out how to get the black tent put where it needs to get put. :rotf:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
23 Feb 2023 17:07
For all the hysteria over the 70s and 80s, I'll just say that playing your best and not being good enough is worthy of a fan's support. I am proud of that team.

Having talent and underachieving like the last couple years warrants boo-birds for sure. I don't like that team, and I didn't like the 2022 Packers. That team isn't sparing me from some worse fate. I'll take playing hard without talent over having it and still being mediocre.
The 2022 Packers ranks as one of the worst and "non fun" seasons as a fan in my life.

2015, 2018, 2022 are about as dull as it gets for me. At least 2005 had Samkon Gado as a novelty. (2022 had Christian Watson I guess)

But there is nothing worse than watching a highly talented team not be as talented as expected and watch the team slowly descend.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
23 Feb 2023 21:07
The 2022 Packers ranks as one of the worst and "non fun" seasons as a fan in my life.

2015, 2018, 2022 are about as dull as it gets for me. At least 2005 had Samkon Gado as a novelty. (2022 had Christian Watson I guess)

But there is nothing worse than watching a highly talented team not be as talented as expected and watch the team slowly descend.
I agree that I hated this season as a fan. I watched, of course, but they weren't the type of team I wanted to spend my free time thinking about and discussing, hence my avoidance of the board. It was just... sad.

But mostly because I simply could not understand 2 things:
1) why was the defense, with almost the same personnel as the previous year and the same scheme as the previous year taking such a massive step backwards, and
2) relevant to the thread, why was Aaron Rodgers playing so indecisively and poorly? I just did NOT expect either thing last season, to the extent that they happened, and it made you feel helpless watching a team methodically move down the field and then suffer start-and-stop, herky-jerky offensive drives in "response"

I really wanted to beat the Lions in week 18 not because I needed a playoff run, but because I liked the idea of saying "we didn't have a losing season." But that's how low the bar had fallen for my expectations by the end of the season. Rooting for that 9th win.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Feb 2023 21:15
go pak go wrote:

I agree that I hated this season as a fan. I watched, of course, but they weren't the type of team I wanted to spend my free time thinking about and discussing, hence my avoidance of the board. It was just... sad.

1) why was the defense, with almost the same personnel as the previous year and the same scheme as the previous year taking such a massive step backwards, and
2) relevant to the thread, why was Aaron Rodgers playing so indecisively and poorly? I just did NOT expect either thing last season, to the extent that they happened, and it made you feel helpless watching a team methodically move down the field and then suffer start-and-stop, herky-jerky offensive drives in "response"

I really wanted to beat the Lions in week 18 not because I needed a playoff run, but because I liked the idea of saying "we didn't have a losing season." But that's how low the bar had fallen for my expectations by the end of the season. Rooting for that 9th win.
Green Bay Packers INTERCEPTION
6 PLAYS, 12 YARDS, 2:28

(5:55 - 4th) J.Fox kicks 67 yards from DET 35 to GB -2. K.Nixon to GB 21 for 23 yards (J.Jackson).
1st & 10 at GB 21
(5:49 - 4th) A.Rodgers pass short left to A.Jones to GB 29 for 8 yards (A.Oruwariye).
2nd & 2 at GB 29
(5:10 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Jones left guard to GB 29 for no gain (I.Buggs).
3rd & 2 at GB 29
(4:27 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass short right to C.Watson to GB 33 for 4 yards (J.Jacobs).
1st & 10 at GB 33
(3:45 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete deep left to A.Lazard.
2nd & 10 at GB 33
(3:41 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short right to A.Dillon [J.Cominsky].
3rd & 10 at GB 33
(3:37 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass deep right intended for C.Watson INTERCEPTED by K.Joseph [A.Anzalone] at DET 32. K.Joseph pushed ob at GB 45 for 23 yards (A.Lazard).

Yes. Standing outside Lambeau Field tailgating before the Lions game drinking a Spotted Cow after a great pork chop and baked potato dinner at a local Green Bay restaurant ........ and then standing for 4 quarters at Lambeau Field watching the Packers offense flounder around scoring a measly 16 points, including watching Aaron Rodgers NOT lead the offense down the field for a game winning drive in the 4th quarter. It wasn't like the Lions offense was blowing the Packers out either .............. :bkw:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
23 Feb 2023 21:15
go pak go wrote:

I know it's no concellation, but our RB's where amongst the highest for yac yards, and we also where amongst league leaders with dropped passes, we know plenty of that amounted to stalled drives, not trying to defend Rodgers, simply that there are reasons why we didn't play well besides just the QB, couple that with all the communication breakdowns on defense and it's no wonder we ended up 8-9.

both WAtson and Doubs give hope for the future, and Nixon brought life back to ST's

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Add to my previous post: the Packers with Rodgers are just an NFL Purgatory team, the only thing different about it from your usual NFL Purgatory team is Rodgers provides the delusion that you are not in purgatory but even a contender.

A few teams that have built up a good supporting cast because they didn't have an Elite QB taking up cap can maybe be legit contenders with Rodgers. The Packers are not that team.
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
24 Feb 2023 08:07
Add to my previous post: the Packers with Rodgers are just an NFL Purgatory team, the only thing different about it from your usual NFL Purgatory team is Rodgers provides the delusion that you are not in purgatory but even a contender.

A few teams that have built up a good supporting cast because they didn't have an Elite QB taking up cap can maybe be legit contenders with Rodgers. The Packers are not that team.
previous post?? you mean the dozens of previous regurgitated opinions you've shared upon deaf ears :lol: , this team can certainly compete with Rodgers, you and others have attempted to turn what is a very good nucleus of talent into some team devoid of it, all to float a opinion that we need a complete rebuild, might as well accept that we can't compete now, so why keep Rodgers, and thats hogwash, simply redoing a few contracts, a good draft and we are in the drivers seat to retake the division, and hope for more, just like most other teams, even Rodgers has said he's open to redoing his contract no matter who he plays for.

ya know what I'am not hoping for is the hate thats likely to ensue if the FO should decide to keep Rodgers ( which they might) I expect to hear that there stupid for doing so, about what I hear now with the help of hind sight after the meltdown last season ( as though anyone expected that) the media has voiced there opinions, and a lot of fans listen to the media, well, as Ted Thompson once voiced, they think they know, but havn't a clue, meaning there is more to the story then there privy to.

what I've heard is the complete refusal by most to consider everything else that led up to a losing season and just lay the blame at Rodgers feet, and that is such a cop out, we may trade him, who knows, but no one can convince me at this point that Love could have done any better last year.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

you mean the dozens of previous regurgitated opinions you've shared upon deaf ears
I don't even know what to say to this statement. The best analogy I can think of is when, as a parent, you yell at your kids, "Stop Yelling!"
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Feb 2023 09:49
you mean the dozens of previous regurgitated opinions you've shared upon deaf ears
I don't even know what to say to this statement. The best analogy I can think of is when, as a parent, you yell at your kids, "Stop Yelling!"
the only reason I defend Rodgers is because you have been one of his worst critics and have brought every stat you can find to defend the OL or the receivers, so the yelling started with you, you've called him below average, I will be reminding you of your comments when Rodgers plays back to prior form either here or else where.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
24 Feb 2023 09:45
previous post?? you mean the dozens of previous regurgitated opinions you've shared upon deaf ears :lol: ,
Actually my previous post was replied to, so... NAH NAH NAH NAH BOO BOO!!!! :P

this team can certainly compete with Rodgers, you and others have attempted to turn what is a very good nucleus of talent into some team devoid of it, all to float a opinion that we need a complete rebuild, might as well accept that we can't compete now, so why keep Rodgers, and thats hogwash,
No no, it's not the lack of a young nucleus of talent that is why I don't think we can compete, it's Rodgers's play at QB that's the reason. Pay attention.
ya know what I'am not hoping for is the hate thats likely to ensue if the FO should decide to keep Rodgers ( which they might) I expect to hear that there stupid for doing so, about what I hear now with the help of hind sight after the meltdown last season ( as though anyone expected that) the media has voiced there opinions, and a lot of fans listen to the media, well, as Ted Thompson once voiced, they think they know, but havn't a clue, meaning there is more to the story then there privy to.
Can't have it both ways, yoop. If you are going to say they know better than we do, that also applies to things they do that you don't like, such as, not drafting enough WRs.

Notice, I don't ever actually invoke the idea that the FO knows best. I support their decisions that *to me* are sensible. You interpret this (wrongly) as categorical support and defense of the FO, except I do not support decisions they make that I don't agree with (but I give it time to see how it turns out before saying it was right and wrong, and give credit if it turns out to be right).

So it turns out I am the real FO critic, not you! :o :shock:
what I've heard is the complete refusal by most to consider everything else that led up to a losing season and just lay the blame at Rodgers feet, and that is such a cop out, we may trade him, who knows, but no one can convince me at this point that Love could have done any better last year.
Then your hearing is bad. I have numerous posts about things other than Rodgers that I blame for the outcome of the season, defense being a big one. I would have canned Joe Barry and am vocally critical of them for not doing so.

The only "complete refusal" is of yours, to admit any fault of significance on 12. Hilariously you will often use the thumb as an excuse but then not actually admit his performance was substandard. If the thumb did not actually make him perform worse, then the injury does not matter.

I notice you keep trying to weasel out of this contradiction because it will force you to admit Rodgers did not perform well, which is against your religion. :twisted:
—Magneto

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
24 Feb 2023 10:07
Pckfn23 wrote:
the only reason I defend Rodgers is because you have been one of his worst critics and have brought every stat you can find to defend the OL or the receivers, so the yelling started with you, you've called him below average, I will be reminding you of your comments when Rodgers plays back to prior form either here or else where.
This is simply not true. Rodgers gets criticism/praise equal to his importance to the team. The OL and/or receivers also get criticism/praise equal to their importance to the team. The only issue being that there is a small group that sees red whenever there is criticism of Rodgers and decries it as only one sided. There are undoubtedly a poster or 2 that stokes the fires, but there is NO poster on this forum that only criticizes Rodgers and praises all others. That just simply does not happen.

FYI, I did not call Rodgers below average. That is not a truthful statement.

What comments will you be reminding me of? Here are my comments: Aaron Rodgers may return to an elite level for this coming year or the next, but it will not be with the Green Bay Packers. His effective time with this team has past. It happens. There is nothing wrong with that. Father time is undefeated and I would rather go with the unknown potential for the lower cost than the known decline, however slow, for the higher cost.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 24 Feb 2023 10:51, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
I was rendered speechless more from the irony of the statement and who made it.