Rasul Traded to Bills

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Suuuulll

Amazing
No votes
Good
11%
Ok
33%
Don’t like it
50%
Fire TT
6%

Total votes: 18

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Packers CBs. Woof. Pass rush better get really good.

Jaire - bad back
Corey Ballentine
Keisean Nixon
Robert Rochell
Carrington Valentine
Stokes - IR
Zyon Gilbert - PS
Anthony Johnson - PS
RIP JustJeff

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I would imagine Stokes will be back in a few weeks. Jaire was healthy enough to play, hopefully his play improves. We should get Valentine out there more. Nixon is not good but gets the job done. Same with Ballentine, some teams have to start guys like him. Rochell is whatever, we are talking about CB5.

We will miss Rasul's vet savvy and physical play, but we do not lack bodies. Not an ideal CB situation but it's enough to get by.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Douglas isn't old. He's 28. Let's not pretend he's 40. He's was also cap friendly. I get the move but on the fence. He was a leader and put it all in the field. When he said if we had more Gary's we would be undefeated he called out his team and coaches. I love it. Unfortunately that may have got him packing. I wish him well great story and hard nosed cb. We didn't win the trade imo esp with our 3rd round track record 😂

Here's to the future.

GPG
Last edited by Backthepack4ever on 31 Oct 2023 17:48, edited 1 time in total.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The secondary is now in peril with injury questions at CB1 and CB2 and safety. This is a move you make if you want to just give up and sell what you have. We kept way too many assets for that to be the mindset. This was about locker room dissent.
Last edited by Drj820 on 31 Oct 2023 16:58, edited 1 time in total.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
31 Oct 2023 15:57
I think the obvious conclusion we should all jump to immediately is the GM and Lacoach's feelings.

And don't get me started about Mark Murphy. Wake up sheeple!
don't you think it's more then just them getting there feelings hurt? and rather how that opinion affects the rest of the players, thats what I think.

when Rasul said I have to be more of a leader, imo what he was actually saying is, we need better leadership, ouch I bet that went deep to the bone, but so true, last season Savage was benched for complaining, we've heard Alexander also voice his displeasure, but since he's sooooo good they wont rock his boat, this makes sense to me, that attitude can become contagious, and they don't want to lose this team, at first I didn't think Matt would be petty, but now I think it wasn't about how he felt, it was how he felt about the reaction from the team.

the way we are losing can tear a team apart, I think at this time that is the biggest fear for the GM and coaches.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

For a team that seems to be seriously lacking in veteran leadership, it really makes me question if the front office understands the importance of veteran leadership. We've just become even more rudderless.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Not a huge fan of the trade tbh. Sul was the only CB able to play more than 2 games without getting hurt plus a physical tackler and savvy ball hawk. He gave up $ to resign. Those aren’t the players we should be trading.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rasul was a real dog. Only dog allowed to !@#$ in the house in GB rides golf carts during camp.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
31 Oct 2023 15:59
My overall assessment is Douglas is only an outside corner when we also have Alexander and Stokes as outside corners.

Douglas has always been flirted with "should he be a safety? should he be a nickle?"

Douglas is awesome. I love the player. I love the man. But I am also okay with dumping assets when we clearly aren't going anywhere in the forseeable future. Let Valentine grow and develop. we aren't going to win anyways.
This is the other thing. Douglas is redundant and even though I think Stokes is a really bad player he needs to be in the field to develop.

Again by the time this team is even possibly competitive Douglas is at the end of his contract and you are probably buyers in FA so you get nothing in the comp pick equation.

This is a move that cannot be criticized.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

The biggest reason Stokes is not on the field is because Stokes has been hurt as often or more than he has not. And he looked better is rookie year than the part he played after.

This move can be criticized. Rasul was a good player, he wasn’t old, he wasn’t expensive, and he was available and playing week after week.

We just told everyone on the team we’re done for the year.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

musclestang wrote:
31 Oct 2023 17:16
The biggest reason Stokes is not on the field is because Stokes has been hurt as often or more than he has not. And he looked better is rookie year than the part he played after.

This move can be criticized. Rasul was a good player, he wasn’t old, he wasn’t expensive, and he was available and playing week after week.

We just told everyone on the team we’re done for the year.
We are 2-5 with one of the worst offenses in the league. This team is fully aware they’re done.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Like I’ve said a few times, it is the correct move to accept we are done. But if rasul was moved, so should preston, Jones, Campbell, etc etc

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
31 Oct 2023 18:08
Like I’ve said a few times, it is the correct move to accept we are done. But if rasul was moved, so should preston, Jones, Campbell, etc etc
I was really hoping for Preston to get moved.

Campbell really doesn’t have anything behind him. Smith has a promising group of Gary, Van Ness, Enagbare, and Cox on top of having a pretty bad contract for a pass rusher in his 30s.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Trading the 28 year old, cheap, heartbeat of the team to move up to the mid round…somethings off?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Correct move to something's off in 2 posts and 13 minutes... If that doesn't tell you something's off... :roll:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

lupedafiasco wrote:
31 Oct 2023 17:32

We are 2-5 with one of the worst offenses in the league. This team is fully aware they’re done.
We probably are, but it’s different as a player. You never think you’re out of it or not going to win.

When your FO sends a seemingly well liked, youngish, productive veteran packing to move up basically 1 round in the middle of the draft, it doesn’t send a good message to the players in that locker room.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Thinking that I'm in the minority here. But my guess is that Rasul created a problem in the locker room. (Feelings have nothing to do with it.) He was very vocal. There's a fine line between being outspoken and being a problem.

Given that this is a young team, cohesiveness is a big priority. And it takes time for the players to learn this and blend well and think like a unit instead of individuals. If/when a player interferes with that, he is counter-productive, even if his play on the field is above par.

Yeah, Guty probably could've gotten more value in some way. It looks like he was motivated to move Rasul. But once a cord is cut... I'm thankful that we didn't just cut him, if the problem is what I said above. But I could be wrong.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Scott4Pack wrote:
31 Oct 2023 18:35
Thinking that I'm in the minority here. But my guess is that Rasul created a problem in the locker room. (Feelings have nothing to do with it.) He was very vocal. There's a fine line between being outspoken and being a problem.

Given that this is a young team, cohesiveness is a big priority. And it takes time for the players to learn this and blend well and think like a unit instead of individuals. If/when a player interferes with that, he is counter-productive, even if his play on the field is above par.

Yeah, Guty probably could've gotten more value in some way. It looks like he was motivated to move Rasul. But once a cord is cut... I'm thankful that we didn't just cut him, if the problem is what I said above. But I could be wrong.
I think that’s exactly why they moved him because the rest doesn’t make much sense to me.

We’ll probably never know what was done or said, but I hope was something more egregious than what we’ve heard him say publicly

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Kinda resembles the Sitton situation where we don't know what went on behind the scenes
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
31 Oct 2023 19:04
Kinda resembles the Sitton situation where we don't know what went on behind the scenes
Ehh. Sitton was traded before the season started. That clearly was the team thought was a toxic situation. This is just seeking assets in a losing season IMO.