Rasul Traded to Bills

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Suuuulll

Amazing
No votes
Good
11%
Ok
33%
Don’t like it
50%
Fire TT
6%

Total votes: 18

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

this roster absolutely has the talent for a wild card spot if it was developed and coached correctly.

Loves lack of fundamentals show he was not developed/coached correctly.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
01 Nov 2023 11:41
Yoop wrote:
01 Nov 2023 11:32
Pugger wrote:
01 Nov 2023 11:15

I'm sure the powers that be at 1265 know we are in full rebuild mode. Getting an extra pick and cap relief is a step in the right direction. I wonder if Preston was considered for a trade? Perhaps Gute can use this extra 3rd round pick to wheel and deal next spring.
why because we switched QB's Pugger? thats normal in the NFL, plus they where just as willing to take Rodgers back as trade him.

whats likely to me is they counted on Bakh, and that didn't work, counted on Jones, same lack of success, same with all the other walking wounded that THEY depended on like Watson and the rest of this walking mash unit, Alexander, the decline in play from Campbell.

again better luck, some health and this is a 5-2 team, maybe not double digit good as my optimistic 11-6 or 12-5, but certainly as good or better then the 7 or 8 wins you previously hoped for.

nah, I think calling this a rebuild year is questionable :dunno:
Seriously Yoop? :lol: I suppose at the start of the season they thought they might be good enough for a WC spot but with the way we are playing even Stevie Wonder can see this is a down year for us. Rodgers camouflaged a lot of the warts an inexperienced Love cannot. It's too bad we couldn't have gotten something for Preston too.
I don't understand why so many think this team can't bounce right back with some luck and better health to finish this season with a few wins, and be right back to contending next year.

to me dumping Sul, or even Smith for mid to late round picks, save a few bucks is counter productive to next years plans, a down year imo shouldn't be any reason to start a fire sale, imo we are already to young, heck we where foolish to get rid of Lewis.

I get it, people love the youth movement, and since the team sucks right now the excitement of top 10 picks and the draft is all we have to hang our hat on, or so it seems, for me it's a step into the unknown, top tier prospects bust at about 40%( just a educated guess) so there hardly a sure thing, and those that don't completely bust to often never play up to draft status, you and I both know those odds, thats why tanking for picks has never been a option for me, and so glad that our GM's to my knowledge have never resorted to that ( even in the dark decades)

I think folks are throwing in the towel to soon.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Yoop wrote:
01 Nov 2023 12:01
Pugger wrote:
Yoop wrote:

why because we switched QB's Pugger? thats normal in the NFL, plus they where just as willing to take Rodgers back as trade him.

whats likely to me is they counted on Bakh, and that didn't work, counted on Jones, same lack of success, same with all the other walking wounded that THEY depended on like Watson and the rest of this walking mash unit, Alexander, the decline in play from Campbell.

again better luck, some health and this is a 5-2 team, maybe not double digit good as my optimistic 11-6 or 12-5, but certainly as good or better then the 7 or 8 wins you previously hoped for.

nah, I think calling this a rebuild year is questionable :dunno:
Seriously Yoop? :lol: I suppose at the start of the season they thought they might be good enough for a WC spot but with the way we are playing even Stevie Wonder can see this is a down year for us. Rodgers camouflaged a lot of the warts an inexperienced Love cannot. It's too bad we couldn't have gotten something for Preston too.
I don't understand why so many think this team can't bounce right back with some luck and better health to finish this season with a few wins, and be right back to contending next year.

to me dumping Sul, or even Smith for mid to late round picks, save a few bucks is counter productive to next years plans, a down year imo shouldn't be any reason to start a fire sale, imo we are already to young, heck we where foolish to get rid of Lewis.

I get it, people love the youth movement, and since the team sucks right now the excitement of top 10 picks and the draft is all we have to hang our hat on, or so it seems, for me it's a step into the unknown, top tier prospects bust at about 40%( just a educated guess) so there hardly a sure thing, and those that don't completely bust to often never play up to draft status, you and I both know those odds, thats why tanking for picks has never been a option for me, and so glad that our GM's to my knowledge have never resorted to that ( even in the dark decades)

What are you seeing this year that makes you believe they will turn it around? And if we aren't going to the playoffs what good are a few more wins? I get winning begets winning but if you want to improve a roster quickly you want as many shots at blue chip players as possible. IMO getting these high picks along with easing our cap situation going forward will get us back to our winning ways faster than keeping the status quo.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
01 Nov 2023 11:52
this roster absolutely has the talent for a wild card spot if it was developed and coached correctly.

Loves lack of fundamentals show he was not developed/coached correctly.
I doubt that very much, Clements is a very good QB coach, so was Rodgers and so is Lafleur, again what Loves went through this season destroys good tech, it's human nature, when to many things go wrong our natural tendencies bring us backwards, we think to much and loose focus, that leads to over thinking our abilities, to me thats what I'am seeing :idn:

other then that imo injuries have been our biggest problem, that and all the youth at the receivers positions, including TE, Lafleur, even the position coaches have there hands full simply finding healthy players each week or time for them to practice between there injuries, doesn't take a lot for stuff to derail well laid out plans.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
01 Nov 2023 11:23
Labrev wrote:
01 Nov 2023 10:41
I think the Mgmt came in with the idea not of a "rebuild" exactly but more of a Youth Movement that would nonetheless be competitive in a weak conference. I don't think you hold onto a guy like Bakhtiari if you are in a true rebuild.

But standing at 2-5, not due to bad luck but in-fact looking as poor as our record indicates, this move signals that at this point we definitely see it as a rebuild. Or maybe they always did, but this would confirm it.
does calling this season a rebuild year to you help you sleep better? does it some how give you a excuse for this team to tank every game here out?

I can't even come close to relating with fans like you, it disgust me to even think Packer fans support such stuff.

It didn't happen because even Gutekunst knows he'd lose this team, and the fan base, what a demoralizing way to treat the faithful fans who many have went through 2 decades of losing seasons with there support years ago.

of course this season has been loaded with BAD LUCK, gessus man take the blinders off, do you seriously think all these injuries are normal :thwap:
Rebuild does not mean tank. The Packers intentionally went into the season with the strategy of playing the young guys. There was hope they would develop nicely and it would be a fun year.

That didn't happen. So expectations are shifting. The Packers aren't tanking but they are likely shifting strategy to place less importance on the current and more for 2024 and beyond.

The only real question that needs answered from here on out is if we believe Love is our guy or not. Rasul Douglas doesn't really help answer that.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
01 Nov 2023 12:08
Yoop wrote:
Pugger wrote:

What are you seeing this year that makes you believe they will turn it around? And if we aren't going to the playoffs what good are a few more wins? I get winning begets winning but if you want to improve a roster quickly you want as many shots at blue chip players as possible. IMO getting these high picks along with easing our cap situation going forward will get us back to our winning ways faster than keeping the status quo.
almost everything, health, improvement with young players, better defense, some better called plays, all the normal stuff that hasn't been happening.

we naturally improve the roster every year with the draft unless Guty misses, and misses happen at every level of the draft, yes the odds improve picking lower, but not enough to lose over.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
01 Nov 2023 12:16
Yoop wrote:
Labrev wrote:
01 Nov 2023 10:41
I think the Mgmt came in with the idea not of a "rebuild" exactly but more of a Youth Movement that would nonetheless be competitive in a weak conference. I don't think you hold onto a guy like Bakhtiari if you are in a true rebuild.

But standing at 2-5, not due to bad luck but in-fact looking as poor as our record indicates, this move signals that at this point we definitely see it as a rebuild. Or maybe they always did, but this would confirm it.
does calling this season a rebuild year to you help you sleep better? does it some how give you a excuse for this team to tank every game here out?

I can't even come close to relating with fans like you, it disgust me to even think Packer fans support such stuff.

It didn't happen because even Gutekunst knows he'd lose this team, and the fan base, what a demoralizing way to treat the faithful fans who many have went through 2 decades of losing seasons with there support years ago.

of course this season has been loaded with BAD LUCK, gessus man take the blinders off, do you seriously think all these injuries are normal :thwap:
Rebuild does not mean tank. The Packers intentionally went into the season with the strategy of playing the young guys. There was hope they would develop nicely and it would be a fun year.

That didn't happen. So expectations are shifting. The Packers aren't tanking but they are likely shifting strategy to place less importance on the current and more for 2024 and beyond.

The only real question that needs answered from here on out is if we believe Love is our guy or not. Rasul Douglas doesn't really help answer that.
It doesn't? not according to some of the remarks in this forum, I know the difference, my response was directed more so at them

I think the FO went into this hoping to win, injuries and offensive youth derailed that plan, I still think the goal is to win football games, we didn't have a fire sale of vets, and thats good, imo the trade of Sul had nothing to do with trimming this roster , or because he was predominately a edge CB, but thats jmo.

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Yoop wrote:

I think things can improve, and I think they can win some games. Mostly I believe this because in all honesty, it can't get much worse. It will not be enough to worry about the wild card, but something to build on for next year, which the front office is clearly doing (at least to me). Maybe I have been watching too much Colin Cowherd today but I agree with alot of his takes lately on the Packers. I don't always.

I think Jordon Loves days starting for the Packers are very numbered because the coaches see what I do. He is mostly a JAG.

Tweaking "Herb Brooks rant from miracle" This cannot be a team with a QB thats a COMMON man. Our QB has to be "UNCOMMON" because common QBs go NOWHERE. :clap:

Even when I first watched Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers, things were not always great and we didn't always win. However, there were enough plays mixed in where you would go "WOW!!!" Now that was a FREAKING throw!!! Thats a PLAY most guys just don't make!!! Love isn't that guy.

I will gladly come back here and bring back my own quote if I am wrong. I don't think I am.

There are rumors we may see Clifford soon if things don't get better.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
01 Nov 2023 12:40
go pak go wrote:
01 Nov 2023 12:16
Yoop wrote:

It doesn't? not according to some of the remarks in this forum, I know the difference, my response was directed more so at them

I think the FO went into this hoping to win, injuries and offensive youth derailed that plan, I still think the goal is to win football games, we didn't have a fire sale of vets, and thats good, imo the trade of Sul had nothing to do with trimming this roster , or because he was predominately a edge CB, but thats jmo.
Of course we are trying to win football games. But of course we are also shifting focus beyond 2023.

Personally, I don't expect to win a lot of football games, but I hope I am wrong. Nothing would be sweeter than to see this offense turn a corner and pile up some upsets.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I want a top 5 pick.

While also seeing more chemistry from the offense and seeing things move from trainwreck to smooth before the end of the year.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
01 Nov 2023 14:05
I want a top 5 pick.

While also seeing more chemistry from the offense and seeing things move from trainwreck to smooth before the end of the year.
I hope we don't see chemistry and get a top 3 pick. That means Maye is in play. But Gute would probably draft a guard at #3.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

wallyuwl wrote:
01 Nov 2023 14:41
Drj820 wrote:
I want a top 5 pick.

But Gute would probably draft a guard at #3.
I get you're trying to be funny, but we all know how Gute drafts in the 1st round. He has a very specific type he drafts in Round 1 only veering away from it once (Darnell Savage)

And drafting a guard isn't in his list.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
I want a top 5 pick.

This Sunday is a big game in determining that.
Yoop wrote:

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

I don't like to see one of the good ones go. But I understand why it was done. Hope we can set the ship right sooner rather than later.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Drj820 wrote:
I want a top 5 pick.

So you want maximal suckage, but with maximal development of players.

OK.

How do you propose a team could do that?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

salmar80 wrote:
01 Nov 2023 19:16
Drj820 wrote:
I want a top 5 pick.

So you want maximal suckage, but with maximal development of players.

OK.

How do you propose a team could do that?
Every year there are teams and lose games that look poised to take a step forward the next season. People expected that team to be the bears this year. Turns out it is the Texans.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I’m honestly surprised by the amount of push back on this trade across various social media platforms and Packers bloggers. I think people really underestimated the extent of this rebuild.

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised by the incorrect amount of “re” words thrown around in the off-season. I heard retool or reload or reenergize. A lot of people are really scared to deep dive just how bad things truly are on this roster. There are very few real ascending players.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

I don't like the move at all. Douglas is still a relatively young player who developed into one of the leaders on the team and wasn't especially expensive either. In total the Packers will save $10 million in cap space over the next 1 1/2 years by trading him now. Unfortunately Gutekunst has struggled to add any talent in the third round so far, therefore I won't get too excited about another pick in that round.

On top of that, the move results in either Valentine or Ballentine having to start opposite Alexander at least for the next three games with Stokes on injured reserve. None of them has looked up to that task so far this season.

In addition it shows the front office will move on from players speaking their mind as soon as possible, not something I'm in favor of either.
go pak go wrote:
31 Oct 2023 15:59
My overall assessment is Douglas is only an outside corner when we also have Alexander and Stokes as outside corners.
Stokes is on injured reserve once again. It's anybody's guess if he will be able to play again this season. In addition he had regressed over his rookie season even before suffering the injury in 2022.
lupedafiasco wrote:
31 Oct 2023 20:27
But this is a good deal for the team. This team is doing nothing this year. They’re so bad they won’t be doing anything next year either in terms of winning a championship. Why are you keeping a player that isn’t going to stay?
Douglas was under contract for the 2024 season as well. He might have re-signed at that point if the Packers were on the right track.
Yoop wrote:
I'm absolutely convinced Gutekunst didn't want Rodgers back for this season.
Drj820 wrote:
01 Nov 2023 11:52
No, the roster isn't talented enough to clinch a playoff spot.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
01 Nov 2023 20:00
I’m honestly surprised by the amount of push back on this trade across various social media platforms and Packers bloggers. I think people really underestimated the extent of this rebuild.

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised by the incorrect amount of “re” words thrown around in the off-season. I heard retool or reload or reenergize. A lot of people are really scared to deep dive just how bad things truly are on this roster. There are very few real ascending players.
because we think your over stating how bad this roster is :idn:

most of our problems this season are either health related or youth with lack of experience, no reason to call this a rebuild year, or do a fire sale as you'd hope for,

the push back to your proposals should be expected because you want to do extreme stuff
Last edited by Yoop on 02 Nov 2023 06:34, edited 1 time in total.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
02 Nov 2023 06:24
lupedafiasco wrote:
01 Nov 2023 20:00

because we think your over stating how bad this roster is :idn:
We are probably eating around another $30M in dead cap next season. At least that.
Cancelled by the forum elites.