Green Bay Packers News 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Yoop wrote:
27 Dec 2023 13:59
Alexander was wrong to do what he did, but his reason for doing so is valid, and he's not the only one on this defense fed up that Barry is still the DC, I think a bunch of players have quit on this coach.

I said it before, Lafleur could end up getting canned over this crap, and should have headed the actions and opinions of not only Alexander, but also Douglas, and Savage a year ago, Campbell.

I can't believe anything Gute says, no way is Alexander coming back as long as Barry is still the DC, and I wont blame him, he probably new he'd be punished for his antics, he probably couldn't care less.
There is no valid reason for Jaire to do what he did. He put himself above the team and there is no acceptable excuse for this. None!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

williewasgreat wrote:
28 Dec 2023 04:40
Yoop wrote:
Alexander was wrong to do what he did, but his reason for doing so is valid, and he's not the only one on this defense fed up that Barry is still the DC, I think a bunch of players have quit on this coach.

I said it before, Lafleur could end up getting canned over this crap, and should have headed the actions and opinions of not only Alexander, but also Douglas, and Savage a year ago, Campbell.

I can't believe anything Gute says, no way is Alexander coming back as long as Barry is still the DC, and I wont blame him, he probably new he'd be punished for his antics, he probably couldn't care less.
There is no valid reason for Jaire to do what he did. He put himself above the team and there is no acceptable excuse for this. None!
agree, what he did was wrong, players have and are rebelling against Barry, your right no one is above team, if Alexander had the same contract numbers of Douglas he already be gone.

a telling statement if true was when Jaire said the players have my back, to me that says the players agree with him, in essence it means the players are also upset that Lafleur has retained a DC the players don't want to play for.

times are different now, players have more ability to voice there opinion, smart coaches listen, Matt new Alexander and others where fed up with Barry before the season even started, Matt forced the players to accept Barry, revolting like this is wrong, true, again as I said though, this was expected, it's been brewing a long time
Last edited by Yoop on 28 Dec 2023 06:46, edited 1 time in total.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Drj820 wrote:
27 Dec 2023 19:18
wallyuwl wrote:
27 Dec 2023 19:15
APB wrote:
27 Dec 2023 18:12

According to the official statement, your speculation is not accurate.
:lol:
No comment

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

williewasgreat wrote:
Yoop wrote:

There is no valid reason for Barry and MLF to put themselves above the team. None!

Alexander and Rasul wanted to win. Apparently Barry and MLF have higher priorities.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

TheSkeptic wrote:
28 Dec 2023 07:28
williewasgreat wrote:
Yoop wrote:

There is no valid reason for Barry and MLF to put themselves above the team. None!

Alexander and Rasul wanted to win. Apparently Barry and MLF have higher priorities.
I'm totally with Skeptic on this one. Barry and LaFleur have no credibility anymore. Working under underperforming coaches / bosses is an awesome recipe for failure at several levels. The team dynamics are in shambles now.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

TheSkeptic wrote:
williewasgreat wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I don't believe Barry and MLF don't want to win. It is their approach that is woefully inadequate. If it weren't so frustrating it would almost funny how they seem to have a major blind spot in their defensive scheme. I say their because if Matt wasn't on board with Barry's defensive approach things would have changed by now. This situation is the ultimate description of insanity.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pugger wrote:
28 Dec 2023 09:42
TheSkeptic wrote:
williewasgreat wrote:

I don't believe Barry and MLF don't want to win. It is their approach that is woefully inadequate. If it weren't so frustrating it would almost funny how they seem to have a major blind spot in their defensive scheme. I say their because if Matt wasn't on board with Barry's defensive approach things would have changed by now. This situation is the ultimate description of insanity.
thing is though the scheme is in vogue, about 8 teams employ it, in todays dinky, dunky offensive approach, cords use it because it is so difficult to sustain long multiple play drives that produce points, so the Fangio soft cushion 2 high safety schemes designed to stop big chunk plays, has had success, just not with us.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The scheme is great when you eventually get a turnover or prevent a touchdown. Pettine did a decent job of this. Barry does a terrible job of it.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
28 Dec 2023 10:19
Pugger wrote:
28 Dec 2023 09:42
TheSkeptic wrote:

thing is though the scheme is in vogue, about 8 teams employ it, in todays dinky, dunky offensive approach, cords use it because it is so difficult to sustain long multiple play drives that produce points, so the Fangio soft cushion 2 high safety schemes designed to stop big chunk plays, has had success, just not with us.
Opposite this year at least. The Fangio style is among the worst defenses in the league.
Labrev wrote:
18 Dec 2023 11:44

Fangio D probably isn't the way to go anymore
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
27 Dec 2023 18:48
Adams was the top receiver in the game, I think that haul was fair and good, but getting anything less for him
Would have been malpractice.
Chiefs got the same trade value (by trade value chart) for Tyreek Hill, most would say better, and two years younger.
Drj820 wrote:
Rodgers…we basically gotta 2 for him.
Comments like these are why you are so hard to take seriously.

I am not sure if you are you trying to skew reality to try to show something or if you actually believe that.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
28 Dec 2023 10:37
Drj820 wrote:
Adams was the top receiver in the game, I think that haul was fair and good, but getting anything less for him
Chiefs got the same trade value (by trade value chart) for Tyreek Hill, most would say better, and two years younger.
Drj820 wrote:

I am not sure if you are you trying to skew reality to try to show something or if you actually believe that.
Not sure why you feel the need to take little shots at me during the holiday season mod, but your original post said Gute has done a great job getting “max” value for guys headed out the door anyways.

I just asked who was on this list because I thought I might be missing someone.

He got fair deals for both players, which is awesome! But it’s not like he pulled off a magic trick and fleeced anyone. He did his job.

Trading rodgers the year before to the broncos would have probably garnered “max” value.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Dec 2023 10:49
BF004 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

Not sure why you feel the need to take little shots at me during the holiday season mod, but your original post said Gute has done a great job getting “max” value for guys headed out the door anyways.

He got fair deals for both players, which is awesome! But it’s not like he pulled off a magic trick and fleeced anyone. He did his job.

Trading rodgers the year before to the broncos would have probably garnered “max” value.
Well why do you say things like we basically got a 2 for him? Some agenda you want to drive or do you believe that we only got essentially a 2nd for Rodgers?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
28 Dec 2023 10:58
Drj820 wrote:
28 Dec 2023 10:49
BF004 wrote:

Well why do you say things like we basically got a 2 for him? Some agenda you want to drive or do you believe that we only got essentially a 2nd for Rodgers?
What would be my agenda? You stated that gute has proven really good at getting “max” value for guys headed out the door.

I could only think of 2 guys I think we got fair value and gute did a competent job in these situations. So I asked if I was missing anyone.

You then got triggered and started acting out. Very odd behavior for a mod.

I did make a mistake. I think we basically got “two” “2s” for Rodgers.

The pick swap in the first round doesn’t mean much to me, we gave up late picks to offset that anyways.

In my analysis I did forget we got the extra two last year. But still, let me correct my take in a way that hopefully you won’t lash out at me: “we basically got 2 2s for Rodgers”

I still see this as fair value at best. And don’t see it as “max” value at all. Which is still fine. Gute didn’t get robbed, he did his job.

You may think I hate Gute because you group me in with others or something?? Actually not sure why; that’s just a guess.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Dec 2023 11:08

You may think I hate Gute because you group me in with others or something?? Actually not sure why; that’s just a guess.
We know you hate Gute and MLF because a majority of your posts are to dump on Gute and MLF.

There are a lot of reasons for them to be criticized. You bring up criticism on them more than anyone outside of lupe and budfox. It's not grouping with others. It's just reading what you say.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
28 Dec 2023 11:23
Drj820 wrote:
28 Dec 2023 11:08

We know you hate Gute and MLF because a majority of your posts are to dump on Gute and MLF.

There are a lot of reasons for them to be criticized. You bring up criticism on them more than anyone outside of lupe and budfox. It's not grouping with others. It's just reading what you say.
False. I do not hate Gute and MLF. I just criticize peoples performance on online forums even when I do not hate them.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Vikings are starting a rookie QB. We're doomed.

“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

wizard 87
Reactions:

Post by wizard 87 »

Hate to go backward but didn't see this little nugget posted if it was mods please delete

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
28 Dec 2023 13:11

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:

He will be talked about for offensive rookie of the year after the game.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:

Look at it this way. There's no film on this guy, so Barry won't be able to make the wrong choice in advance on how to play him. In the "blind squirrel" way, he might scheme a plan that doesn't play to Hall's strengths!